forum

Having a huge amount of spectators will cause osu! to lag [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thelewa
Noticed this when Cookiezi was playing and he reached over 500 spectators. My computer is powerful and still my fps was going from 50-120fps all the time. Worst thing is that this effect extends to the player too, so the game becomes unplayable for the one who's being spectated.

This also causes a lot of weird stuff to happen, like the spectator list disappearing. Pressing F7 to change the frame limiter mode won't show the name of the mode etc.

NEW BENCHMARK

CAN YOUR COMPUTER HANDLE THE COOKIENATOR
Riko Korie
Lag everywhere
please fix it
Neptune
I approve this message
SoSSmallM
So lag ...

FPS 10.....lol
Valentiino
AMD HD6970 & Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4,5GHz

Framelimiter on unlimited & 120fps causes constant stutters also.
lolcubes
Just specced him a bit and while I am not sure if the player lags as well, me as a spectator has a lot of frame drops and stuttering, so confirming.

Note: all rendering modes have been tried (60fps, vsync, 120fps, etc), same result on all.

edit: to be more specific, the stuttering happens when spectators # reaches about 320 and above, at around 460 the spectator list disappears (for me) and the stuttering is really really bad. The list sometimes flickers between being shown and hidden in this case as well.
Valentiino

lolcubes wrote:

Just specced him a bit and while I am not sure if the player lags as well, me as a spectator has a lot of frame drops and stuttering, so confirming.
Cookiezi was complaining at the beginning about fps drops.

thelewa routed him a way to fix it (disable spectator list and therefore #spectator) and it seems good for him atleast. Still horrible as a spectator, since you can't leave #spectator no matter what
Milkshake

Valentiino wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

Cookiezi was complaining at the beginning about fps drops.

thelewa routed him a way to fix it (disable spectator list and therefore #spectator) and it seems good for him atleast. Still horrible as a spectator, since you can't leave #spectator no matter what
i tried to leave spectator through the ''+new...'' thingie and disable it so i can spectate him without so many lags, but the whole #spectator went to #osu/other chats i had open
Topic Starter
thelewa
edited OP post to demonstrate just how bad the problem is
Pizzicato
from 400fps to 3fps lol

i lol'd hard when #spectator can't be moderated xD
silmarilen
just pressing tab to hide the spectator list and rankings works as a temporary fix, but you have to do it evry time he plays a map.
this also works if the spec list already disappeared for you because of the bug.
Wishy
SuzumiyaBR

S A O wrote:

Lag everywhere
please fix it

UP +1

FPS 000000
peppy
Already fixed for the next public release.