forum

!Beatmap Request! - Zenzenzense by RADWIMPS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Landooze
I would love to see this song get a decent beatmap for it that has its full song and correct timing.

here is the link to the song on spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/4qApTp9557qYZzRLEih4uP?highlight=spotify:track:2DLrgv7HhJanCuD8L9uJLR
xenal
"Do not request beatmaps!
Making beatmaps is not an easy task because it takes a lot of time and effort.
You could either discover the joy of mapping yourself or ask your dearest friends to map for you." -Stefan
esmb17
^^^^^^^^ Also there are already ranked mapsets of this already. As the song is fairly recent these maps were definitely made under the strict ranking criteria which enforce correct timing in maps. I have played a few ranked maps of Zen Zen Zense and I feel that they are all timed properly. I am not a super experienced player, however I think I understand your situation. When I was a much worse player than I am today, and knew very little about mapping and osu! in general, I often thought that maps had incorrect timing or were mapped poorly. However, once I got a bit better at the game, when playing those same maps that I once thought were shit or had bad timing, I realized something: that they are fine maps for the most part and some of them are actually super well mapped, I just didn't have the reading or finger control yet to play them. And one more thing, you have 15hrs in the game... so maybe hold off on making bold assertions about the quality of work you don't understand. That's like just learning how to read a book, and then when you don't understand some words in it you decide that the author wrote it wrong...

Sorry for the passive aggressive rant at the end of that. Remember, dispute the fact that its a bit of a meme play more is the solution to almost every issue you have as a brand new player and honestly even far beyond that.(at least in my limited experience of whats "beyond" given that i'm still a six digit)

Ok I just noticed the lack of ranked full versions, but still all this advice is valid imo.

Here are some maps of Zen Zen Zense:

Ranked (full):
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/525926#osu/1116124 (unfortunately it's a cover)
Ranked (~1:45):
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/524537#osu/1113342
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/513590#osu/1091249
Ranked (~00:30):
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/545931#osu/1156498
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/503141#osu/1071416
osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/594351#osu/1257142

Unranked maps are cool too (I just don't feel like wasting more energy on this lol) and there are some real hidden gems among them so don't be afraid to try them out as well!

Play more and enjoy game!
Topic Starter
Landooze
thank you you are right on the fact that i shouldn't be making those kinds of statements when i'm this early on i am sorry if i came off as rude and i sincerely apologize.