forum

[Archived] Why does osu!updater pop up when I open .osk files?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JustAnkle
Problem details:
I have tried deleting osu!repair(which I thought was useful) and set .osk files to automatically open with osu! but the damn osu!updater still comes out and does not do anything,as a result I cannot open .osk files

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20200320 (latest)
Death
Just osk files? This doesn't also happen with .osz files?
Topic Starter
JustAnkle

Death wrote:

Just osk files? This doesn't also happen with .osz files?

Also happens with beatmaps(I don't know their file name),and skins,so what should I do to solve this?
Edit:I changed location of the osu!updater and selected my desktop,and because the main game is in the desktop,I could not even start the game as the localization keeps saying 'updating game client' and shuts down and re-opens every few seconds,so now not only the beatmaps and skins,but also the game cannot be opened
Death
How did you go about setting .osk files to automatically open with osu!?

Can you try downloading the installer from https://osu.ppy.sh/home/download, running it, and then installing the game on top of itself? i.e. when it asks you to choose an install location, pick the same directory that you currently have the game installed to (by default it will try to install to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!).

If you are trying to import something right now, as a temporary workaround you can drag the file you want to import into the osu! window instead. That will do the same thing as opening the file.
DEtermination21
I have the exact same problem, I deleted osu a few months ago and reinstalled it. Now I can't download any beatmaps or skins because osu updater keeps appearing. I deleted and renstalled the game a couple more times but nothing seems to be working
Zelzatter Zero

DEtermination21 wrote:

I have the exact same problem, I deleted osu a few months ago and reinstalled it. Now I can't download any beatmaps or skins because osu updater keeps appearing. I deleted and renstalled the game a couple more times but nothing seems to be working
Please just make a new thread instead of bumping old one.
atoniic
bruh i have this problem too cuz i jus bought a new pc and ive spent 4 weeks trying to fix this, i've spent my entire break trying to fix this issue, 6 hours a day for 4 weeks. I hate my life
Jason X

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Please just make a new thread instead of bumping old one.
Please don't post on older threads, they barely get any attention at all.
Instead, make a new post in the Help forum, you can then link to older similar topics as a reference to your problem.