forum

Hit Sounding?! please help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TurtleXL
I've worked on and made better, my first beat map. But then found out I have to have beat sounds. But I can not figure out how the beats should be or sound. I've watched pishifat, and even tried https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/224758#osu/524468 hit sound guide. But still can't figure out what sound I should put where. I understand how to add sounds, just not where I should put them.

Please give me tips.

my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1125066#osu/2350770
Zelzatter Zero
Imagine your hitsound is like a drum.

Finish will be place in the loudest and most important sound (also don't overuse it or your map would sound like a mess).

Clap will be place for the clap (of course) and snare sound, while normal should be for the kick sound since clap has a higher pitch than normal.

Whistle will be represent the main melody of the song (vocal, piano sound, etc.)

tl;dr:
Finish will place on the "finish" sound.
Clap will place on "clap"/"snare" sound.
Whistle will place on the "main" melody.
Topic Starter
TurtleXL

Uraomote Error wrote:

Imagine your hitsound is like a drum.

Finish will be place in the loudest and most important sound (also don't overuse it or your map would sound like a mess).

Clap will be place for the clap (of course) and snare sound, while normal should be for the kick sound since clap has a higher pitch than normal.

Whistle will be represent the main melody of the song (vocal, piano sound, etc.)

tl;dr:
Finish will place on the "finish" sound.
Clap will place on "clap"/"snare" sound.
Whistle will place on the "main" melody.

I think that made me understand it a lot more, thank you.

but is it just me, or does the whistle/finish/clap all sound the same. or is that because I need to use sampleset or additions with it? It sounds like I have finish sounds everywhere, but I'm using whistle and clap.
lewski
you have a skin with hitsounds like that, use default instead
Topic Starter
TurtleXL

lewski wrote:

you have a skin with hitsounds like that, use default instead

OMG, that makes so much sense. OMG, this I think is what has confused me this whole time. you are a life saver Thank you very very much.