forum

Make osu!mania timing way less harsh [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
tarticulate
Specifically, get rid of the rainbow 300's. Seriously, who can get all rainbow 300's on a song that's even remotely fast? Also, they're required to get 100% accuracy.
Starz0r
This
+Support
Bites

SUPERSPEED6 wrote:

Specifically, get rid of the rainbow 300's. Seriously, who can get all rainbow 300's on a song that's even remotely fast? Also, they're required to get 100% accuracy.

100% score, yes.

But not 100% accuracy.

Rainbow 300's are just to prevent HD HR samescore syndrome, prominent on standard osu!, the additional judgement isn't necessary to get a great score but it does a great job of preventing the top 20 from all being exact 1 million point scores.
MillhioreF
Since there's no spinners in osu!mania, the reason for this is to encourage competition. You hardly lose any points for normal 300's which have reasonable timing, and adding the rainbow 300's stops scoreboards from becoming stagnant with huge lists of max score.
Amefuri Koneko
I actually wish osu!standart had additional timing window on initial release instead of all that hd+hr stuff :(
VoidnOwO
:)
Bobbias
I'm an average skill mania player, and i get roughly twice as many rainbow 300's as regular (depending on the song). It's not that strict a timing at all.

Making it harder to achieve something like an SS without making it harder to do fairly well is a good thing. It allows a bit more distinction between top level players without impacting players who aren't top level very much. This effectively raises the skill ceiling for reaching an SS, which means there are fewer people being tied at a certain score.
theowest
I'm pretty sure the devs are going to turn this request down anyway.
James2250

MillhioreF wrote:

Since there's no spinners in osu!mania, the reason for this is to encourage competition. You hardly lose any points for normal 300's which have reasonable timing, and adding the rainbow 300's stops scoreboards from becoming stagnant with huge lists of max score.
Pretty much this.

Kind of related to p/1826381, where peppy stated the timing for it seemed fine and woc2006 even made it easier (it was made more lenient a few days ago on easiest difficulties as well if you check the changelog).

Some people can spend weeks trying to get an SS on standard mode, so I would say it's just a thing that needs more practice, not made easier.
I am going to assume woc2006 isn't going to go and make it much easier any time soon, so going to deny this.