forum

Total combo win condition

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
PhiLL A
I noticed you added a last combo win condition for multiplayer, but out of all the win conditions that involve combo, this is the one that makes the least sense. That is because a player who FC's the whole song and misses the last note will lose to someone who is just mashing notes and randomly clicks the last note. What I propose are these three additions to the choices of win conditions:

1. A win condition that counts a player's best/largest combo
  2. A win condition that gets all of the player's combos which were over 10 or 20 or any other number and adds them up
  3. A win condition that makes the player with the least misses the winner. If everyone FC's the song or there is a tie, then accuracy would determine the winner
TheVileOne
I agree. Largest combo makes the most sense. Although that does mean that basically you're guaranteed a win if you FC half the song and the rest of the field hasn't. i don't know if that's the fairest idea. Maybe average combo would be better or least misses or idk what's appealing and fair at the moment. I'm confused and delirious.
Topic Starter
PhiLL A
actually, i think accuracy is best. however, as that is already an option i doubt they will change score to it. what i'm trying to say is: a person who FCs the whole song and misses the last note will lose to someone who is just mashing buttons and gets the last note.
theowest
Combined total combo. Sounds cool.

Another win condition could be your best combo. Bit more unfair, but less related to other win conditions already available: The score win condition.
Topic Starter
PhiLL A
yeah, i'm sorry if i didn't phrase myself correctly. I'm requesting two features: all the user's combos added up (maybe only count combos over 10 or 20 or something to make it interesting) and user's best/largest combo
theowest
Make sure it's easy to understand

1. 1
  2. 2
Topic Starter
PhiLL A
thank you
theowest
Find out by quoting me.
Saten
I thought it was counting Max combo. Oh well

I think it should be changed rather than added.
bwross

Saten wrote:

Nah, last combo has the nice feature that the most important part is at the end, like in a skins game. This means that's there's always some hope to keep people playing right up until the end.
Topic Starter
PhiLL A

Saten wrote:

I thought it was counting Max combo. Oh well

Maybe, but I think if the osu! staff added a feature they wouldn't want to remove it.