forum

Make 18+ maps non-sharable [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
We all know that many maps are NSFW and hence get deleted from the beatmaps listings. However, I have an idea:

Make it so that you can't share these maps using /np. That would keep any offensive map names/maps in general from being accessed by people in #osu, for example, while you could still find it on the website (perhaps you'd need to use a filter, like "show mature content").

This'd mean that more songs would be mappable.
deadbeat
no. this game is for everyone of all ages. NSFW maps shouldn't really exist in the first place >:C
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
Well, the point of this is that the NSFW maps will be hidden, so that they won't offend the under-18's/non-mature people.
theowest
don't share it around kids then.
deadbeat
yeah, who needs /np when you can just link the thread >_>
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
I guess this'd make a new problem where sharing 18+ maps in public IRC would be against the rules... fair enough, then, I concede the suggestion!
deadbeat
again. R18 maps shouldn't even exist in the first place. please inform a admin/bat/mod if you do see any
Sakura

deadbeat wrote:

no. this game is for everyone of all ages. NSFW maps shouldn't really exist in the first place >:C
EoT
Kluddio
They could remove that map from the beatmap list for all people below 18.
But still don't feel like this is needed.
jesse1412
Wouldn't be fair for people under 18. They wouldn't be able to access part of the games maps and thus wouldn't be able to reach other players ranked score.