forum

Please change maximum total score [osu! mania] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Nagusa6
Total maximum score is set to 1,000,000 in all beatmaps now.
In this condition, playing easy beatmap is more advantageous than difficult beatmap in Ranked Score and Total Score.
Please change a system so that difficult one rises like other gamemode.
MillhioreF
pp is eventually going to be added for osu!mania, and then total score will become worthless. (That said, I would like osu!mania maps to go back to a max of 10 million, but that's for another request)
deadbeat
pretty much what MillhioreF said. once the pp system is added to osu!mania, score means bugger all.
Topic Starter
Nagusa6
>pp is eventually going to be added for osu!mania, and then total score will become worthless.
>pretty much what MillhioreF said. once the pp system is added to osu!mania, score means bugger all.

They are right. pp system is very good!
But score haven't meaning, each beatmaps may have each maximum total score.

In a extreme, 1 note beatmap have 1,000,000 total score. Also 1,000 note beatmap have 1,000,000 total score. This is strange in me playing osu!mode.
The high score is more refreshing than low score.

Because Accuracy has at the point of view of the achievement ratio(It is different closely), I hope mania-mode have very high score beatmap like osu!-mode.
peppy
The scoring is fixed on all maps. This is a stylistic choice, and will not be changing.
TheVileOne
Although score will be worthless, The scoreboards aren't based on pp. They are based on score. So if like 3000 people get the max score on the Easy, because mods never increase the max score, then it becomes pointless to even play some songs.

It's going to be a real issue and I don't think woc realizes it. After a certain period of time, so many people will have achieved a max score on certain maps that there wont be any reason to even play certain difficulties anymore, and everyone will be tied for 1.
peppy
I think you underestimate how hard it is to get all MAXes. It is about the equivalent of spinning 450 or whatever the max spin is. It won't be a huge issue, in my opinion.

Also, take a look at osu! mode easy difficulties. The same issue exists, and is really inevitable. Playing with mods on easy is amusing, but I don't think it's a good way to show your skill, and is more of a novelty thing. I agree that the mod-doesn't-increase-max-score is a bit weird, and it will take some time to see if this works in practice or not, but I believe it is worth a try.

Due to the way the scoring is done, I think we could adjust mod multipliers at a later point if necessary with minimal effort.
MillhioreF
I got all MAX on a really slow, easy map with only 21 objects... it still took me 60 tries to do it. The amount of maps anyone will ever get the max score on is probably a two-digit number.
Mithos
Now I don't feel bad for getting so many 300's instead of MAX's.