forum

What is the current maximum object amount?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GHSimon3
Hello, I was thinking of mapping a marathon map just for fun and after being done with 20% of the map I realized I'm almost at the 10k mark. I'm beginning to worry about hitting a cieling and if it's 32768 and I SHOULD worry or if I'm in the safe and can continue working on it.

Couldnt find the answer by browsing and thought to ask you professionals for help :)

Thanks for taking your time reading this. You guys are awesome!
lewski
I wrote 277 thousand circles into a .osu file with a Python script. As of right now, osu! is trying to open the map, and while it's currently hogging a bit over a gigabyte of RAM (and going up as I write this), it hasn't crashed yet. I'll get back to you once I see some kind of development.

Edit: osu! managed to open the map. You won't hit a limit in a long, long time, don't worry.

Edit 2: After 45 minutes of fluctuating between 5 and 6 gigabytes of RAM usage, I've come to the conclusion that Lazer isn't ready for 277k object maps yet.
xenal
If the circle count overflow still exist, then you should avoid to exceed this (probably should be considered unrankable if it's still a thing, but I doubt you would go for rank anyway so go for it). With what you said, you should end up below 50k objects, which is fine anyway.
Topic Starter
GHSimon3

lewski wrote:

I wrote 277 thousand circles into a .osu file with a Python script. As of right now, osu! is trying to open the map, and while it's currently hogging a bit over a gigabyte of RAM (and going up as I write this), it hasn't crashed yet. I'll get back to you once I see some kind of development.

Edit: osu! managed to open the map. You won't hit a limit in a long, long time, don't worry.

Edit 2: After 45 minutes of fluctuating between 5 and 6 gigabytes of RAM usage, I've come to the conclusion that Lazer isn't ready for 277k object maps yet.

Hopefully I wont run into that big of a problem. and having a map that takes 45 minutes to load and test doesnt really sound that fun anymore at that point haha.

xenal wrote:

If the circle count overflow still exist, then you should avoid to exceed this (probably should be considered unrankable if it's still a thing, but I doubt you would go for rank anyway so go for it). With what you said, you should end up below 50k objects, which is fine anyway.

I tried to find that video but youtube didnt like that idea... Thank you so much!