forum

Quick mod-selection access in-game [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
higurush
It would be nice if we could access diff selection screen while ingame, and we do not have to go to song selection menu, diff select and back to song.
Just click on the diff we want, and restart map. (more faster)

theowest
You'd have to restart the map anyway.
Zare
I don't really find this useful, I mean i don't change the diff I'm playing that often. Having a quick acces to mod selection would be more interesting imo

Also, supporters have osu!direct on the right side when downloading maps.
Topic Starter
higurush

theowest wrote:

You'd have to restart the map anyway.
Yes, but you are still in "In-game" mode which won't give you the high fps drop that Song Select does.

Zarerion wrote:

Also, supporters have osu!direct on the right side when downloading maps.
known, but I guess there is some space under the diffs.
(pic edited a bit)
theowest
I'd prefer to have it come up from the bottom.
Topic Starter
higurush

theowest wrote:

I'd prefer to have it come up from the bottom.
Like this?

theowest
I guess that's cool.
Topic Starter
higurush

theowest wrote:

I guess that's cool.
I made one with smaller gaps

MillhioreF

higurush wrote:

the high fps drop that Song Select does.
It still does for you? peppy made huge optimizations to song select a few days ago and now I get full FPS on song select!
Topic Starter
higurush

MillhioreF wrote:

It still does for you? peppy made huge optimizations to song select a few days ago and now I get full FPS on song select!
Well, Song Select menu really doubled the fps I have, but it's still a high drop from 800-1000+ to 100+. Before the update it was even more higher drop. I had 3000+ fps In-game and it dropped to 20-60 fps. I guess that high drop is because of my 24k+ beatmap, but osu! should support that many maps as well!! You know.. when I quit to Song Select menu from In-game mode my screen stops at a blackscreen for 1-3 sec(s) and the song select menu lags in...

Also the lag fix update made some more lag in unlimited fps mode. Through playing maps I sometimes have continuous small lags and it becomes a bit annoying when I have 98%+ acc on a hard map (eg. Talent Shredder + Hardrock) and then lag causes a miss or even fail. But that's another topic...
Saten
I kinda like this suggestion.
Yes, restarting a map is always faster than exit & re-enter.
Kurokami
Even thou I guess this will be a feature for supporters, I support. For the sake of those who have over 20k beatmaps.

Most ppl know his/her limit so they start diffs already with/without mods anyways.
Topic Starter
higurush

Kurokami wrote:

Most ppl know his/her limit so they start diffs already with/without mods anyways.
There's an exception:
Annoying map skin >> nomod
Disable map skin >> lot of mods
or you just want to challange yourself with other mods

Kurokami wrote:

Even thou I guess this will be a feature for supporters, I support. For the sake of those who have over 20k beatmaps.
I also hope non-supps could enjoy this as well~
Saten

Kurokami wrote:

Why would only supporters be able to use this?
This has nothing to do with bandwidth :V
Kurokami

higurush wrote:

There's an exception:
Annoying map skin >> nomod
Disable map skin >> lot of mods
Real pros are exceptions. The ones who play with skin no matter it's annoying or not (like me, even thou I'm not that good in std)

or you just want to challange yourself with other mods
Yep, this is the real answer. I usually do this too.

[qoute]I also hope non-supps could use this as well~[/quote]

Yeah, [spoiler]but we all knows ppy, everything (which is good), goes to supporters. \o/

Saten wrote:

Why would only supporters be able to
use this?
This has nothing to do with
bandwidth :V
Main menu background has?
Topic Starter
higurush

Saten wrote:

Why would only supporters be able to use this?
This has nothing to do with bandwidth :V

Kurokami wrote:

Main menu background has?
Yes, remember? There was a fuss about skinning the Main menu BG.. Changing title.png = ban, blah blah and forbidden stuff~ or sth like this~~
Saten
I knew you would say that. But this is about playing, not appearence :P
Kurokami
Also, you should change the title to "Diff/mod selection quick access in-game~"
theowest
Or just mod. I don't see anything to do with difficulties here.

higurush, I think you mean mod selection.
Saten

theowest wrote:

Or just mod. I don't see anything to do with difficulties here.

higurush, I think you mean mod selection.
Most likely
It should be renamed to "Quick mod-selection access in-game"
Sakura
isn't it faster to quit, apply mods by hotkeys, then press enter to get back into the map than selecting the mods in that small box (and apparently not even able to see the resulting multiplier either) and restarting the map? How would this work in multiplayer?
theowest
I'm guessing this would be made to be quicker, the hotkeys might be applied to this request.

and it wouldn't work with multiplayer.
peppy
This thread makes me vomit. I you are having performance issues, post full details in tech support. Thos feature is completely unnecessary to fix a possible performance issue.
cybermouse8
Personally I would like this feature. I find it somewhat tedious especially if changing mods frequently or repeatedly trying the same map with different mods. Maybe that's just because I'm a noob and no one actually plays like that...but I was going to suggest this same feature and instead found this thread.

I haven't noticed a performance issue, it would just be more convenient IMO.