forum

Mana Khemia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xNahnahx
Heyo Anyone remember this series?

Was going through my old library of games and I found Mana Khemia 2 just there collecting dust, and I remembered having a lot of fun playing it 10 years ago, I thought to myself eh with all these micro transactions and multiplayer games taking over going back to the classics sounds fun.

So downloaded an emulator and put in my disc and my god it was more fun than I remembered, maybe it was because of the sprites, nostalgia, THE BATTLE SYSTEM HOLY **** IT IS GODLY, and the story is pretty good but noticed some things that I didn't understand when I was younger or realized that some things were rushed that could've had big potential and maybe getting more recognized as a great game, don't get me started on the opening, still pictures with moving effects and cg dragon for the rest of it, even MK1's op was animated the whole way through.
[https://youtu.be/kNS63XGssZ8][/url]

Sometimes I feel like Mana Khemia 2 was ahead of it's time or rushed too much

ahead of it's time because the gamers these days like diversity and back then I remember the japanese treated it as the black sheep to be forgotten in history

rushed because there were moments that I thought there was gonna be more content or they will add more emphasis on the characters but never delivered.

character development is not at it's greatest, there are only a few characters I liked in the cast excluding the MK1 cameo's (I'm happy they kept them the same minus zepel because f*ck him)
Raze is defo the better mc and has the best characterization in the game
Reicher step aside Isolde because this man be actually intimidating

Either way I still consider it a great game because of it's OST's, battle system and the few favorites I have in the game
let me know if you played it as well or started playing it

thank you for reading this long ass post lol