Topic Starter
Gala

tl;dr
  1. osu!standard tournament
  2. 1v1
  3. international
  4. no rank limit
  5. scorev2
  6. top 64 players by qualifier results will move through to double elimination
  7. all maps will be 175bpm or lower
  8. mappool will include nm/hd/hr/ht
  9. failed scores will count
  10. tournament will begin april 3rd and conclude may 24th~
  11. all information in this post is subject to change up to the player registration closing date
detailed
  1. snail cup is a osu!standard 1v1 tournament, using the double elimination bracket format.
  2. players from any region and any rank are allowed to sign up. please note that you should be comfortable playing 5-7* maps, as this is the estimated star rating of maps throughout the tournament.
  3. the tournament will be played using scorev2.
  4. all mappools will include nomod, hidden, hardrock and halftime maps. no doubletime maps will be used.
  5. the top 64 players by qualifier results will go through to double elimination.
  6. qualifiers will include one playthroughs of a pool of 7 maps, with the highest score on each map being counted.
  7. players will be given points for their comparative performance on qualifier maps.
  8. bracket will be seeded by qualifier results #1 vs #64, #2 vs #63 etc.
  9. all players are required to join the discord to receive tournament updates, mappool and reschedule notices, etc.
  10. no staff members other than streamers, commentators and graphic designers are allowed to play.

1. lobbies will be made by the referee 10 minutes prior to the match time. players will be notified in discord, and have up to 10 minutes after the match time to join the lobby. players who fail to show up within this time period will forfeit their match.
  2. players may opt to play warmups, with host given to whoever asks first. warmups can be no longer than 4:00
  3. once both players have joined the lobby, players will !roll, with the highest rolling player banning and picking first.
  4. players will have 90 seconds to pick and ban a map, after which their pick or ban will be skipped.
  5. there are no limits on what mod pools players ban or pick from, meaning two maps can be banned from the same mod, or two in a row can be picked from the same mod.
  6. players will have 90 seconds to ready up after a pick has been made, after which the referee will start the match.
  7. the highest scoring player will win, regardless of fails.
  8. if a player disconnects in the first 15 seconds of a map, the map will be replayed. after this time, it is up to the referee's discretion and if any evidence shows reason to replay (ie twitch stream showing interruption). even with evidence, a referee can decide not to replay a map, and their decision should be respected.
  9. if the result of a map was obvious regardless of disconnect, the referee will go with that result (ie. player disconnect in the last 20 seconds, but they were 300,000 points ahead and couldn't have lost).
  10. common sense should be applied. matches may be streamed, and inappropriate behaviour in chat, with smoke in-game, and disrespect toward staff can result in instant disqualification and blacklisting from the tournament.

1. qualifiers: 7 maps, played through once. mappool of 2/2/2/1
  2. round of 64: best of 7, 1 ban per player. mappool of 5/2/2/2
  3. round of 32: best of 7, 1 ban per player. mappool of 5/2/2/2
  4. round of 16: best of 9, 2 ban per player. mappool of 6/3/3/3
  5. quarter finals: best of 11, 2 ban per player. mappool of 6/3/3/3
  6. semi finals: best of 11, 2 ban per player. mappool of 6/3/3/3
  7. finals: best of 13, 2 bans per player. mappool of 6/4/4/4
  8. grand finals: best of 13, 2 bans per player. mappool of 6/4/4/4

1. 09/03/2020: forum post / player registrations open
  2. 27/03/2020: player registrations close / screening email
  3. 29/03/2020: qualifier lobby schedules and mappool released
  4. 03/04/2020: qualifiers begin
  5. 06/04/2020: final day of waiting for screening results before remaining rounds are delayed one week.
  6. 10/04/2020: round of 64 begins
  7. 17/04/2020: round of 32 begins
  8. 24/04/2020: round of 16 begins
  9. 01/05/2020: quarter finals begin
  10. 08/05/2020: semi finals begin
  11. 15/05/2020: finals begin
  12. 22/05/2020: grand finals begin

1st place - badeu
6 months osu! supporter + badge (pending approval)
(badge subject to change)

2nd place - fieryrage
4 months osu! supporter
3rd place - seegii
2 months osu! supporter

if you'd like to help run snail cup, join the discord and message a host.

hosts: gala, evan1
referees: gala, evan1 , boaz , shineasone , gdLenny , geromu keretem ,muchin , saika0k1 , imokora
mappoolers: gala, phophicles , overcomplexifii , kano
streamers: gala,
commentators: gala, brunito101
graphics: gala,

changelog

1. 17th march 2020 @ 17:15 utc | added evan1 as host, boaz & shineasone as referee, brunito101 as commentator. top 64 bws players has been changed to top 64 players based on qualifier results. changelog has been added. scheduled modified to include qualifier round, no major dates changed. included qualifier details in information. bolded discord link.
  2. 24th march 2020 @ 8:08 utc | changed bpm cap from 170bpm to 175bpm after positive results in a poll from registered players.
  3. 28th march 2020 @ 3:00 utc | due to player feedback, seeding has changed from bws to qualifier results, and the qualifier mappool has changed to 7 maps.
  4. 31st march 2020 @ 11:20 utc | due to more player feedback, the qualifier stage has been changed to one playthrough of the pool rather than two, since the pool size has changed. added gdlenny, geromu keretem, hoaq, muchin, saika0k1 and imokora as referees.
  5. 22nd april 2020 @ 6:07 utc | updated badge design, added kano to mappoolers.
HEAVENLY MOON
i was here blessrng
Mewtz
i wanna play :D
I Love Mynarco
POGU I WANT PLAEY
dong
i cant believe they made a tournament for me
Magirhythm
Low BPM stuff? I'll give it a go
badeu
I win