forum

How much time does it take you to finish a diff on a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Galileeo
im quite a procrastinator, ive had maps ive been editing for nearly months or ages, i never finish them tho
lewski
2-4 hours per minute, depending on the complexity of the song and how easily I can come up with and implement my ideas, and spread over several days or weeks depending on the length of the song and how much I want to do other things in that time.

To finish a map, you need to do two things:
1. Make yourself map even when you don't feel like you have a lot of motivation at first. As long as you aren't actually reluctant to map at the time, it shouldn't be too hard to get into it once you start.
2. Don't stop mapping too quickly once you've started. Reducing distractions can be useful. It can't always be helped, but that's life. Sometimes you can kind of make yourself get back into it, though, so try to do that when possible.
genga
depends on song, if it’s not musically complex then it takes a lot less time than something that’s techy
xenal
+∞ hours.

I usually approch or go past the 100hour mark for a single dif, only to end up never submitted or, in some rare case, thrown in graveyard. In fact I didn't sumit any maps for the past year because I don't like how they ended up (I mean, same can be said with the ones I've submitted prior). I overthink every single object and usually remap multiple times.
abraker

xenal wrote:

+∞ hours.

same... *cries*
Nao Tomori
for basic mapping about 1 hour per minute for insane+, half that for hard and normal
Zelzatter Zero
Some took a day (even if it's tech or death metal), some are even took 4 months (like Croque Monsieur or Perspectives)
termi330
It depends on how experience do you have in mapping if u are good pretty good then for like tv size anime simple song expert diff it just about 2,5-4h? and full size ~4min like 12-16h I talking about quality mapping not rush mapping or something like this. For complicated songs there is probably like twice more time then for simple anime song. In my opinion.
bot_david
Depends on song and ideas. But my work streamline is basically:
-initial idea by hearing parts of the song, which usually differs between songs from few minutes to hours.
-Base mapping implementing the idea to the rhythm. Usually takes around half a day or two days.
-cleaning and correcting placements and rhythm choice. Usually takes several days to a week.

So all in all if Im familiar with the song and its short tv size, it should take less than a day, But if the song is long and more complicated it'll took more.
But then again I'm not that experienced in mapping, and some of my actions could've been faster and more efficient.

Honestly try to take as long as you can to make it good, cause I definitely fell victim to rush mapping.