forum

Spinner difficulty?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
segow
Hi there, I am completely new to mapping and I am trying to map my first song, but I don't know how to adjust the spinners' difficulty, so that it takes more spins to complete. After a break in my map, there is a relatively short spinner (<3 seconds) but it's easy to finish it really early and I always end up getting at least 6000 points from it.
Since I'm trying to make a more difficult map, I would like to know if it's possible to make spinners take more spins to complete? And if so, how?
Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to help.
Serizawa Haruki
Using a higher OD value will require more spins to complete the spinner as far as I know. However, the OD should still match the overall difficulty of the map so if it's an Insane diff for example, you shouldn't use OD 9 or 10 since that's too high. Other than that you could make the spinner shorter but it should be representative of the song so it depends on what you're trying to follow.
Zelzatter Zero
Mostly depends to the song. If you feel like it's more necessary/fitting to add a spinner (like with an ambient or long-held sound), just add. Spinners mostly are acceptable when Auto (which spins the fastest) can have at least 1000 points, and some songs can even have a 20-second spinners in the hard difficulty (such as AugoEidEs) so calculate the spinner length carefully, or just rely to AIMod (Ctrl+Shift+A). Hope this help!
rztyu
Must be able to get 1000 bonus to be ranked and won't die from HP drain when spinning (including HR mod).