forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makar
Schedule should be done within the next 10 hours or so I think
jesse1412

xsrsbsns wrote:

Tired of waiting

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... lemc#gid=0

Use at your own risk.

- Changed SDR for the Netherlands/Ukraine match because the one uploaded was only calculated from only 4 games instead of all 7
- Linked only to mp info, but not to result post or stream
- Did not modify SDR for Thailand & Latvia in the group table because of bugged Inaba game
- Used max scores played by Auto because existing ones are wrong/different
- "Map Usage Percentage" is now (times selected / 16 matches) because this info makes more sense than dividing by 75-77 total maps played
- Slider end combo drops are counted as FC too (sry Kyou)
UK almost at 0 score difference, as in we're the most interesting to watch.
Vish024
Do Norway and China still have to replay their match?
Cyclohexane
Yes they do.

Also, the SDR for France is exactly -3,333.

CHECK 'EM
KRZY

Mr Color wrote:

CHECK 'EM
Implying France will be 3rd in their group 8-)
Haruka_old
Until Loctav updates the OP, here is the temporary schedule (still subject to change).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 3c1UlRPelE

Any teams in the waiting list means that one of the teams in that specific match up had a problem that will soon be ironed out; in that case, those three teams should please check your inbox for details to schedule a match time as soon as possible. If there are any questions, comments, or concerns over any of these match times, please contact me or Xakyrie through forum PM to avoid avoidable spam in the thread.
Cyclohexane

KRZY wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

CHECK 'EM
Oh god.

OH GOD.

You know, that might just happen.
jesse1412

Mr Color wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Oh god.

OH GOD.

You know, that might just happen.
It doesn't matter when UK team is in the tournament 8-)
pielak213
woah norway vs hong kong 300k point diff in tiebreaker i wants to see
Wishy
Will there be a week between groupstage and knock-out stage? Asking since there are a few pending matches.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Wishy wrote:

Will there be a week between groupstage and knock-out stage? Asking since there are a few pending matches.
Hardly possible, unless people want to play on 21-23 December, which is right before christmas and I'd like to avoid this.
Kert
Why the schedulers didn't contact me
I wouldn't know the time of the match with Macao if I didn't check the sheet by myself
plus there is a mistake there:
Glazbom
Tortuga
zozozofun
Tortoise
KRZY
Tortilla
Cyclohexane
Torpedo
GladiOol
Tornado
Macacito
loser's bracket plz
thelewa

Loctav wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Hardly possible, unless people want to play on 21-23 December, which is right before christmas and I'd like to avoid this.
lol who celebrates christmas anyway
Aqo

thelewa wrote:

lol who celebrates christmas anyway
yeah seriously

Hanukkah and Новый Год the way o/
Derekku
Oh right, I forgot about what came of double elimination... Loctav: Are we gonna have double elimination for Ro16 and on? o:
Vish024
I'd much rather have single elimination.
JappyBabes
Poll it.
Wishy
Torla concha de tu madre Allboys.
Salvage
I'd like it to be double elimination, it would actually make the tournament more fun to watch .. but longer (or maybe not if handled propperly) and harder to manage so i don't know.
KRZY
Is it necessary?

Do teams deserve second chances in bo9 rounds?
fabriciorby

KRZY wrote:

Is it necessary?

yes it is good for us, the unseeded teams
FlyingKiwi
I missed today's matches T^T
Xakyrie
they just started the first match. they all start today, so check the schedule again. you didn't miss anything, lol.
XPJ38
Makar
Just a heads up: The clients on the stream will now be perfectly in sync thanks to peppy (no more hitsound problems yay); however, the cost of this is more buffering/latency.
Cyclohexane
And sorry again guys for not being here for the first match, it seems like I am unable to set up an alarm clock properly.

I will be there for the rest of them, though.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Sorry for disappointing you, but putting a loser bracket would go beyond the scope of what we can bear. The tournament needs to have an end and that's why we can not efford having a loser bracket right after a group stage.
Sorry.
JappyBabes
What Group B should be:

Not sure why you guys never remember that China and Norway are rematching and never take that into consideration.
Cyclohexane
results are temporary
Wishy

KRZY wrote:

Is it necessary?

Loser bracket is meant for this not to happen:

Top 16: KR vs JP.
Top 8: KR/JP vs PL.
Tournament is over before playing semi-finals/finals. Not top tier teams can reach ranks like top 2~4 because the best are already out because of chance. Remember how China was left out by Korea on the first match on OWC 1? Loser bracket is about best teams getting the best positions, if you don't use it you either need to seed teams AGAIN so they won't play against each other (meaning you gonna have to seed PL, KR, JP and some other team on "4 corners" so they will meet on semi-finals) and then random the rest. Which isn't a bad idea actually and it would do the job somehow.

I'd be fine with seeding 4 "super strong teams" to avoid best matches happening on top 16/8 (and some teams getting some top 2 rank because of pure luck).
Mismagius

Wishy wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Is it necessary?

Loser bracket is meant for this not to happen:

Top 16: KR vs JP.
Top 8: KR/JP vs PL.
Tournament is over before playing semi-finals/finals. Not top tier teams can reach ranks like top 2~4 because the best are already out because of chance. Remember how China was left out by Korea on the first match on OWC 1? Loser bracket is about best teams getting the best positions, if you don't use it you either need to seed teams AGAIN so they won't play against each other (meaning you gonna have to seed PL, KR, JP and some other team on "4 corners" so they will meet on semi-finals) and then random the rest. Which isn't a bad idea actually and it would do the job somehow.

I'd be fine with seeding 4 "super strong teams" to avoid best matches happening on top 16/8 (and some teams getting some top 2 rank because of pure luck).
well why don't we make a tournament with just these 4 teams if that's all you want to see
Topic Starter
Loctav
No need to worry about this kind of stuff.
Wishy
@BD Any serious tournament has got a loser bracket, this would do part of the job but it won't take any time, since the problem about adding a LB is time. Deal with it, you're not supposed to get #2/#3 when you are not as good as top 3 teams. And again, you're not supposed to lose on Top 16 thing if you're one of the best 4 teams.

This was already done on group stage and no one seemed to complain about it.
Nashmun

Wishy wrote:

@BD Any serious tournament has got a loser bracket, this would do part of the job but it won't take any time, since the problem about adding a LB is time. Deal with it, you're not supposed to get #2/#3 when you are not as good as top 3 teams. And again, you're not supposed to lose on Top 16 thing if you're one of the best 4 teams.

This was already done on group stage and no one seemed to complain about it.
You never played sports, right ?
show more