forum

osu! Standard - Approach rate mod or feature? AR10 mod? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
higurush
When osu! mania started I noticed that there is an option to increase/decrease the note fall speed.
How about adding a mod or a feature to increase/decrease the approach rate?
Maybe AR10 mod feature under Hardrock mod?

There are some maps for example:
Lily - Scarlet RoseHujuniseikouyuuP - Talent ShredderBasshunter - Ievan Polkka Trance RemixBlind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+DragonForce - Revolution DeathsquadDragonForce - Cry for Eternityand so on where the map is nearly unplayable for rapid-eyed players.

Take an example from my experiences: I fail or B/A rank at the standard AR9 Scarlet Rose, but able to pass and even get an S rank with a few sliderbreaks on the AR10 version I made (only edited the AR).

I imagined this feature like this:
  • 1st version: press F3/F4 to increase/decrease approach rate
  • 2nd version: We all know that there is a feature mod for Nightcore mod under DT and Perfect mod under SD. How about putting an AR10 mod under Hardrock? Maybe we could use 1,00x/1,03x for AR10 mod, because it isn't that hard as Hardrock?
Zare
requested, discussed and denied already.

The only way this could be added is by making the easy mod a mod where everyone can use his or her own preferred Difficulty settings (Including AR, ofc)
Therefore, this will only have a score decreasing factor, as it makes some maps easier for some people.
Topic Starter
higurush

Zarerion wrote:

requested, discussed and denied already.

The only way this could be added is by making the easy mod a mod where everyone can use his or her own preferred Difficulty settings (Including AR, ofc)
Therefore, this will only have a score decreasing factor, as it makes some maps easier for some people.
Then thread closed.
Kurokami
It's useless to request for a mod since it will be denied in almost all cases. Just deal with it or use HR.
MillhioreF
Reading low AR is a skill too, not just reading high AR. This mod would let everyone make everything AR9/10 and completely destroy that skill. and it would make me completely unremarkable, lol