Dead or alive?

Dead
12.92%
Alive
87.08%
Total votes: 751
show more
sailox
Its like 20k daily nowdays, i dont think its dying.
asashi_cherry
i just joined months ago i dont think this "osu!" game is dead theres alot of things upcoming stuff going to osu and alot of players are playing since pandemic started i think osu will gain more active players soon.. as always

see you next time.

karlabos
"Is osu! dead?"

Dude... My score gets passed by over 300 people every day.
GPR
Hit 30000 online user few days ago and makes bancho died.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Seems like quarantine has given this game a noticeable bump in popularity. As of late, it has been common to see 26-30K online users.

phase90 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Let me put the peak players of various february dates, with the magic of Wayback Machine:

10 FEB 2012: 6260
trust me in 2012 it was still popping off. osu never die
I dare to say, this game hasn't had consolidated yet until 2015 - early 2016 when the new pp system* led to an adveniment of farm maps. When osu!mania was added in late 2013, it also led to a considerable increase of the game's popularity.

*PP didn't exist at that time as we knew it, back in 201?-2014 ranks were based in map positions, and before that it was based on total score.
- Isla -
well osu! has gotten a larger playerbase now
Adinda
Osu will always alive :>
haha i rolypoly
osu is always dead
awesomefoo123
"17,400,851 players
As of June 2020, osu! has 17,400,851 players worldwide."

-Wikipedia
Mentee
A dead game would be little no less than a hundred players are playing. osu! on the other hand still gets roughly 1000+ active players monthly, so I'd say the game is alive.
haha i rolypoly
as you can tell osu is dead because I stood in multiplayer lobbies for 4 HOURS and nobody immediately wanted to boost me in rankings and give me a friend for friend rating
GPR

pk kkr toho 999 wrote:

as you can tell osu is dead because I stood in multiplayer lobbies for 4 HOURS and nobody immediately wanted to boost me in rankings and give me a friend for friend rating
What do you mean by 'boost me in rankings and give me a friend for friend rating'?
haha i rolypoly

GPR wrote:

pk kkr toho 999 wrote:

What do you mean by 'boost me in rankings and give me a friend for friend rating'?
they didn't immediately pm me asking to boost my pp and nobody followed me
this is 100% proof that osu is dead
dung eater
if it was dying your rank would go up just by logging in
GPR

pk kkr toho 999 wrote:

GPR wrote:

pk kkr toho 999 wrote:

they didn't immediately pm me asking to boost my pp and nobody followed me
this is 100% proof that osu is dead
Well, it's up to you if you want to play to gain pp or not, most people will only tell to play more, and friend list in osu! is limited, so people usually doesn't add someone randomly (and also osu! doesn't give notification when someone add you).
Fathan18
I think its not a dead game, far from it actually. (and hopefully, it will still be alive for long)

Well, I only play Singleplayer I rarely play Multiplayer, though I can say Timezone has an effect on what kind of activity you could see in Lobby Chat.
Aoris
I don't think osu! is dead or thriving, its just here with a consistent number of players joining and leaving.
lukascn1
i think osu is not ded, but every result is 90% from 2015, so we cant give answer from anything because it is all already answered from 2015. so maybe osu is not ded but only the search result is ded :v

you understand?

pls say yes
Zelzatter Zero

lukascn1 wrote:

i think osu is not ded, but every result is 90% from 2015, so we cant give answer from anything because it is all already answered from 2015. so maybe osu is not ded but only the search result is ded :v

you understand?

pls say yes
Google choose the search result based on how much it has been viewed, and threads from 2015 have enough time to achieve that.

This has nothing to do with the game status whatsoever.
haha i rolypoly
osu may be dead but this thread isn't
Megadex
osu! can be dead or alive, but one thing is sure: you can get out of osu!, but osu! will never get out of you.
lmfao
It is still very much alive. 20k+ people online at a decent amount of times is not a dead game.
Astrid Park
dead, people just resurrect here
Phantonym
Aliven't
DeletedUser_5153421
it does has trouble growing. my reasoning on it is there's less addictive aspects to osu because it isn't directly competitive like other multiplayer games (like csgo or league), and progression can be very unclear to new players. you arent rewarded for doing better than someone in a multi lobbies and most the time you wouldn't see the other's progression alongside yours, and missing an aspect to make it seem really fun, because most of the time your enjoyment is how good you are at finding good maps for you. so some of this is fault of the development, some not.

in a lot of ways osu is still singleplayer, you're usually just challenging yourself, so it may not be a bad thing if this may be the normal amount of players for a singleplayer game. the ranking system does seem a joke to most people and lots of the game are missing much needed refinements. yeah, it is being worked on in lazer but that is still a long wait, right? it has been a long time since a game-changing update has came.

and my last point is that osu!Alumni influence the populus a lot sometimes... you see, shige's (and others like firebat and hvick) recent leave probably made a lot of other people leave the community too, or at least large involvement. and popular creators for osu! like WWW, earlier streamers, and even some youtubers helped the game grow. how else is osu grown? it's not advertised, you can only tell your friends about it, but some are embarrass to tell their friends about it unless they would seem to 'fit' the community, but osu! is a lot more than mapping anime and competitiveness, y'know.
2hr
Honestly, a lot of people discover the game through love of music. Obviously. But for the most part, people find the game on YouTube, it looks hard, but then we usually take a liking to it. A lot of people I know started off thinking the game was boring after a week of playing, dropped it, and came back years later. I did that too. But the amount of players constantly on here, it's pretty much impossible to not hear at least one word about osu.
interwine
i dont think its a dead game lots of rythm games are getting popular bc of fnf.
mchaxer
alive
Blue9485

aqua_reload wrote:

osu! will never be a dead game because it will always

see you next time
True
ITWolf
Osu not dead lol
Ohara
See you next time.
Karmine
It's alive because there are more players than before but it's also dead as some mentionned the different communities are mostly gone and we're left with just one homogeneous community.

Almost all players who everyone looked up to (rrtyui, WWW, cookiezi etc.) left, same for mappers.
The few who came back left again after a short time or stayed but are not active in the community anymore, they just play/map but don't post on forums/stream.

Also the game hasn't got any big update for a long time because lazer is gonna become stable soon™ since 2015.

Even though it's a single player game first it used to be way more community oriented.

IMO it's more dead than alive. We can just hope it'll change. it won't
Chiru-kun
I feel like there's nothing famous anymore...and we're left here to look at each other instead
Manishh
Its not actually dead because the community is keep expending see the rank now and 2-3years ago at old time there were no 7digit
blucee
I personally wouldn't say osu! is dead.
Leigh Leigh
osu! isn't dying, it's actually growing! A lot more people are coming to the game.
Hky Sigh
depends. osu! as a general game is pretty dead but surely becoming more and more popular. osu! as a rhythm game is the most alive ever.

TLDR rhythm games are overshadowed by other genres, we just have a smaller community.
BilalAhmad190
osu's actually gotten much popular in 2021 and 2020 because of covid and quarantine.

It actually has 35-40k online in september 2021
- Marco -
Dead game huh

Choumusubi
dead is very general word, comparing 2015 osu! and 2021 osu!, this game is alive
show more