forum

Beatmakers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kozaczynka
Hello!

I'm opening this thread just because I want to say that beatmakers try to make normal maps because soon new players will not be able to play the game normally.

I hope you will do better and make maps like 2-5 years ago.
rbk
Eh, I feel like new mappers tend to make simpler maps as those are the easiest when starting off. We're not running out of aspiring mappers trying to rank their first set, in fact that's the majority of mappers right now.

More experienced mappers will obviously try new ways to express the music and use gimmicks or restrictions, but I really don't think the game is running out of new standard maps - it's probably just what you're downloading :/
Topic Starter
Kozaczynka
I will say so, I download what new rankings and every day it gets worse, for example today's map

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1105241#osu/2309955
JBHyperion
Of all beatmapsets for the osu! game mode Ranked in the past week (13/02 - 20/02), 24 of them have an Easy or Normal as their lowest difficulty, out of 37 beatmapsets total.

When we extend our search to the last 100 Ranked beatmapsets (from this one to the map you linked, that ratio becomes 65/100 - https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets?m=0

Quick maths, roughly two-thirds of all Ranked beatmapsets have a difficulty accessible to new players, so I don't think the situation of "new players being unable to play the game" is as bad as you made out.
Jelljel
The're still plenty of maps getting ranked you would consider "normal" every day. The fact that one map in the ranked section which is different than said "normal" style doesn't mean all maps suddenly are unplayable for newer players, ofc a 7 min breakcore map isn't gonna be playable for new players. This has nothing to do with modern mapping since the mapping meta in the past 2 years has barely changed.
Flanster
tf is a beatmaker
Zelzatter Zero

Flanster wrote:

tf is a beatmaker

Base on the context, I think it's an unproper way to say "mapper"