forum

A new Editor just for osu!mania + infinite hitsounds support [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
This editor now is made for osu! and in taiko mode note placement doesnt matter much since its just about the hitsounds, but for mania mode the editor is very difficult and complicated and annoying to use.

The timeline is going to the right side and gives a bad view of the chart itself and mapping to me seems like thinking two ways around, putting notes then checking the timeline.
The notes on the lane get clustered and hard to pick especially if you are willing to make a difficult chart. Circles everywhere and putting things just feels like a workaround.

The best thing would be just a simple editor that represents the playfield. With a scroll that goes up and down, well mostly like stepmania or any other kind of editor of this genre. Click and put a note and drag it and get a hold/long note.

The second thing is about the hitsounds. I want to have the ability to assign a sound file for every single note that is in the song. It is authentic and gives a player a totally different feeling of playing when they know what sound they are actually hitting rather than samples with a few sounds (aloooot of players created charts like that in the past, just saying).
TheVileOne
Since the editor for mania is different osu's standard editor, wouldn't that technically be considered having its own editor. It's just hard to use (and probably a work in progress).
ziin
bms2osu.exe
Soaprman
The editor is a work in progress. This has been noted several times... here's one with a post from peppy.

t/100792?hilit=editor

Support for custom samplesets in the dropdowns is also coming, which might be usable for the infinite hitsounds thing. It's not exactly as easy as what you have in mind, but it may prove an acceptable workaround?

Also, guess you might want to support this feature request, too, since you went and dumped a bunch of stars on this without searching first. :P

t/101725?hilit=stars
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Good to see that is working on :) maybe i should have really searched before but it does not matter because i posted and starred it and i really wish to have it happening. The other post you linked me is the same idea i think but i just described it this way and its better than little information and a picture