forum

Destroy my mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gent1
I have been mapping my first serious beatmap (ABYSS by asriel) and while I have looked at some other maps and looked up guides etc. It was still extremely boring to play and i don't even know if its rankable
(with hitsounds added) I know about counter clockwise movements and object placement at the slider ends but other than that it just feels like im placing random objects that fit the rhythm.
Zelzatter Zero
The BPM is alright but really confused how you placed objects here. (like why most objects are placed in the blue tick while the strong sound are on the white and red tick?)

Sliderend on the blue tick is only used when the placed on next tick is a circle or another slider, or else it will be really mistimed (although there are some exceptions, but you aren't experienced enough for them so just follow the common sense)

My only tip for you there: learn more, map more.

No one can map well in just some few maps like this. Even some mappers indentified as making "bad maps" like Cheri have at least a year (yes, a year) of mapping before have their first map ranked, you can't push your maps into ranked just because you put a lot of effort into it, you have to know all the basic things of mapping too.

pishifat's YouTube account has all of them for you to learn (flow, filler rhythm, basic spacing/rhythm, aesthetic...) here, combined into one playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

That's it. Good luck in the mapping scene!