forum

Introduction to mania config files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
woc2006
Hi everyone, now I'll tell you everything about mania config.
Mania config files are in your skin directory, they are 4K.ini 5K.ini 6K.ini 7K.ini and 8K.ini, just create the file if you play the style.
In the file, write some of the following key/value pairs into it for costomise:

*ColumnWidth: the widths of columns which default value is 30 are decide by this argument. All numbers are separated by comma, and the amount of numbers should be no less than the amount of columns
*ColumnLine: Show a white vertical line between columns with the value 1, and hide by 0. The amount of arguments must be one more than the amount of columns. All numbers are separated by comma
*ColumnLineWidth: The width of all columnlines
*JudgementLine: Show the judgementline by the value 1, and hide by 0.
*Barline: Show barlines or not.
*BarlineWidth: The width of barlines.
*ColumnStart: the distance between columns and the left side of screen, from 0 to 460.
*SpecialStyle: Use iidx style in 8K/6K or not.
*SpecialPositionLeft: The position of special column in 8K mode - place left by 1, right by 0.
*HitPosition: The vertical position of hit line/judgement line.
*Colour{n}: The additive colours of each column which default is black. All colours should be four numbers separated by comma with the format of RGBA.
*ColourLight{n}: The additive colours for each background lighting.
*ColourBarline: The colour of barlines
*ColourHold: The colour of combo numbers when holding
*ColourBreak: The colour of combo numbers when breaking
*Key{n}: Custom key for corresponding column, DO NOT use them unless the default key layout prevent you from enjoying the game. When you have to change, be careful with the number "n" and the value, go check the .cfg file in osu! directory and pick the right keyname. For example "," key is called OemComma here.
*KeySpecial: Custom key for special column
*KeySpecialAlter: Another custom key for special column.
Luna
You missed ColourColumnLine
ColourBarline doesn't work, neither does BarlineWidth (unless I'm doing something majorly wrong)

But thanks a lot for the list, much appreciated :D
Topic Starter
woc2006

Luna wrote:

You missed ColourColumnLine
ColourBarline doesn't work, neither does BarlineWidth (unless I'm doing something majorly wrong)

But thanks a lot for the list, much appreciated :D
Barline available from next build.
buny
Is there a way to colour each key separately?
Topic Starter
woc2006

buny wrote:

Is there a way to colour each key separately?
No such plan.
Staiain
Wow, thanks for the guide
DJKero
Hey woc, can you implement one command for setting Judgement place?

Like you did with the skin with ColumnStart, can you do JudgementPosition and ComboPosition?

It would be nice to get the Judgement a lil upper for me...

Thanks in advance, Kero. ;)

Also, someone can explain me what is "barline" and what are supposed to do the Colour commands?

I talk spanish natively, my english isn't really good and i dont catch for what they're...