forum

I want to add a random key MOD of osu! mania.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Risn-
Nice to meet you, too
I'm Japanese.
I'm sorry, I can not speak English well.

We really enjoyed mania has been released.

It is a demand
I want to add a random mod of mania.

I think there are a lot to play 8k people IIDX player.
IIDX player is too. And I also enjoy osu!.

So, I did get to add is the best MOD to randomize the key other than specialkey!

Could you think of the release if possible?
deadbeat
so you want a mod that allows you to play with 8k?
assuming that is what you want. this is all ready possible. its hidden under the 4k mod. same with 5k,6k and 7k
Gon

deadbeat wrote:

so you want a mod that allows you to play with 8k?
assuming that is what you want. this is all ready possible. its hidden under the 4k mod. same with 5k,6k and 7k
What he means is that he wants a mod where the patterns in the song are shuffled/randomized throughout. Think random ring in O2Jam, Shuffle mod in Stepmania/BMS.

Personally I agree to implementing this mod, but at a score penalty -or- unranked. Think of this mod as another means to learn to hit more combination of patterns and improve your overall skilll. Just my two cents.
deadbeat
can you write this in japanese so we can try get a better translation. because i'm confused about this :(
Topic Starter
Risn-
I'm sorry in poor English :cry:

I'd like a Random feature of BMS.

That the function has been added, more fun

I think the more fans.

And I want to skillup
Archangel Tirael
aka MAX RANDOM in DJMAX? Hmmm... It needs score multiplyer or not?
PROGUY
Support. Gon explained it all above, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

Archangel Tirael wrote:

aka MAX RANDOM in DJMAX? Hmmm... It needs score multiplyer or not?
Nope, just Random. I'm not sure about score penalties though since other rhythm games do have this mod without any score reductions.
Kim Jin Seok
if you meaning the note randomizing, I think It's good and no matter to add this.

but I also think it's need score multiplier reducing or raising.
MMzz
I was actually thinking of this the other day.

Would be a fun unranked mod and a good means of practicing multiple pattern types on your favorite songs.
Archangel Tirael

PROGUY wrote:

Nope, just Random.
RANDOM mixes Trax once per song. MAX RANDOM randomise all notes in song.
PROGUY

Archangel Tirael wrote:

RANDOM mixes Trax once per song.
That's what I just said, just Random. Not Max Random.
I did play DJMax before and know the differences between the two y'know.
Bobbias
I think both options should be available. Shuffling key order globally can be interesting, but when each note is individually randomized things get a lot more interesting.

I don't think there should be score reduction, since the only time that the difficulty of a map is reduced by random is when there are very awkward patterns in the original chart. I would suggest either a separate ranking system for the mod, or unranked play as the options. I would prefer a separate ranking but I doubt that would happen.
DJKero
Support, and Not only RANDOM, SUPER-RANDOM and MAX-RANDOM too...

And they need to have a Score Raising, not a reduction, at all... 8-)
jemhuntr
This would be nice, but currently, osu!mania mods are still being fixed. Soo... shall we wait for it and see what mods will be added? ^_^
Hanyuu
Support for random the whole song and, super random (panic) randomize the whole song but each measure seperately. The score multiplier should keep the same 1,00x
karma_komodo
it would fill the empty space in the mods, and it would be fun.

It HAS to be unranked, or the position of every note should be saved on the replay. this makes replays way much bigger. and what would you think if you saw the luckiest guy on earth on a #1 rank when his notes moved all into 1 or 2 columns? unfair, so unranked

Good Idea btw
andromeda2020
I would love to be this implemented! :)
MillhioreF
p/2171930

It looks like this is on the way!