forum

Looking for some opinions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BR41N
So, I've been mapping a song that has 2 vocal sections, which are mostly the same. I have half of the map done and in the first section I decided to ignore the vocals and map the music. However, I don't want to have the 2nd section pretty much the same, so I was wondering if it's okay to map the vocals in the second one.
Something's telling me that mapping like this is wrong, but I'd prefer to avoid repetition.

Another point is more closely related to the map itself. Since I decided to ignore the vocals in the first section, there ended up being considerably less "stuff to map". I did not want to have the entire section full of circles half-beat apart from each other, so I decided to map the song's bass with a mini slider (snapped to the next tick on a 1/16 beat division) instead of a normal circle. I kinda like how it looks and in my opinion it fits in there with the bass, but I'm not sure if something like that is acceptable in mapping (I could imagine some people saying that it breaks the gameplay).

Lastly, I'd kinda like to hear some thoughts about the map, if it's not too much of a bother. I've been around here some time ago with my first map (which I, unsurprisingly, find pretty bad after playing more of this game). This is the 3rd map that I'm seriously working on and I'm wondering how much I managed to improve after finishing 2 maps (I try new things every time).

here's the link https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1099600#osu/2297149
Zelzatter Zero
Since the vocal is louder so I think you should follow the vocal instead.

Also seems like you don't care about the star rating much so maybe you should know the term "filler rhythm", which means switching the vocals and instrument when mapping, depends on what is the main sound in each part. Pishifat has a video on YouTube about it, I suggest you to take a look at it.

1/16 kicksliders (or minisliders as you say) is rankable.

Overall, really nice concept of the map from a new mapper but I think you should check the consistency here. Parts like 01:07:968 (2,3,4) - 01:09:843 (3,4,1) - 01:11:718 (2,3,4,5,1) - have no difference on sound. I know variety is good, but don't too much, it will confused the player of what rhythm they should follow.

That's it. Good luck in the mapping scene!
Topic Starter
BR41N
Thx for your thoughts.
For now, I think I'll map the vocals in the next part. I'm not sure if the vocals even leave any space to map anything else, so I'll probably stick to mapping one thing, rather than forcing something else in the middle of everything. And once everything is done, I'll see whether I'm going to keep the first part like it is.

01:09:843 (3,4,1) - I might edit this part to be similar to the previous one, but for this 01:11:718 (2,3,4,5), I intend to keep it as 4 circles, although I'm most likely going to rearrange them, because the spaced stream stands out too much.