forum

To HD or not to HD

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dracobuster
So going along with the other post I made, is it better to start playing in HD now, to get into the habit of looking at the right side of the screen, or will that hurt me in the end because looking at the right side of the screen is not the way?
Dioramos
It is way harder to see what you have to do when samples scroll in a different speed. Especialy very slowly scrolling samples are hard to remember. I often miss these..
-Storm7-
i feel like looking at the middle of the screen helps me a bit, while the right side works as well. According to some players, looking to the left is actually the least optimal(other than maybe for accuracy). I usually play some maps in nomod before transitioning since it gets me used to any trip-up patterns or unconventional rhythms that may appear.

to be fair there is no optimal way. however from hearing from more experienced players, hd would really help in tournaments, especially when playing freemod(where you can abuse hdhr).
Hope that helped a bit
AuroraPhasmata
Playing with HD can definitely help, though I would recommend looking anywhere in the middle/middle-right instead of the right of the screen unless you're able to see the notes and remember the sequence while simultaneously analyzing the next set of notes. If you want, you could even play with HR or even HDHR; any combination for more than 2-4 plays (in my experience) can lead to noticeable improvement, especially if you proceed to play a harder map as NoMod.

However this is just my experience with playing with HD, HR, and some DT, of which I don't have much. As cliche as it is to say, you just have to experiment for what works best for you as an individual.