forum

[resolved] [osu!mania] Different colours for opposite buttons

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +46
Topic Starter
Tsukasa
It's would be easier to play osu!mania if each opposite pair of buttons have they're own color

For example:

Blue Silver Magenta Gold Magenta Silver Blue 7 Keys

So each note would easily be distinguished from each other

Also, the center key IMO should always be gold since it's the only key that uses the spacebar default and the only key that's in the "bottom part"
jemhuntr
hmmm... i guess this really isn't that helpful for most people. Some people might even hate it since it's annoying for them.
But I still agree with your idea and if ever it will be accepted, it must be an option for the user whether to use it or not.
Kluddio
The thing is that the pink buttons is for J and F because they have those small stuff on them easyer to remember where you are.
Also when they are coming down you can easyely check because of the colour so more colours isn't needed
Topic Starter
Tsukasa
I'm Saying that it would be easier to distinguish which button goes with which color. Not just by which column it falls on

Also The color variations follow the original game
Kluddio
Don't really know what you mean... ^^
Topic Starter
Tsukasa

Cloudio-san wrote:

Don't really know what you mean... ^^
It means that you can hit a note better when you have 2 factors instead of 1

By which column AND by which color. It's like our fingers are set to hit which color we see
Kluddio
hmm i guess it makes sense that you try to hit the note that got a special colour.
But, i'm using D F G as 1-3 and H J K as 4-6 in the configs and i know where i am from just feeling those small objects on J and F so i feel it's a bit useless to add more colours.
I might be usefull when you use more buttons.
But adding this as a toggle in the option could be usefull.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
I would find more colours annoying. It can be reverted to the way it is atm with skinning though, so I have no reason to unlike this.
qlum
It would be more something for someone making a skin for osu!mania, if it's not a skinning option already it should be but if its one already its really not that hard to skin it the way you want.
Levitara
Changing colors according to preference would be good, I'm voting for that. But before that is made possible, at least 5-key mode center key should be made yellow so that it match 7-key mode. It would be great help for people having it at space and shouldn't be bother for guys who have it elsewhere ;)
Compa
Not saying that I would use this but still support (no stars :<) for Tsukasa
VoidnOwO
:)
TouchFluffyTail

Definite support but no stars, since I'm pretty sure the ability to do this with skins is atleast coming soon. :)
Karuta-_old_1
bumps*

after one year, and no solution to this?
Luna
This is already possible via skinning (and has been for quite a while actually):
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img853/7796/d7p3.png
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3691/eymd.png
(Images taken from TouchFluffyTail's mania skinning guide)

Can be marked as [added]
Nathanael
You can already do this by skinning.

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2616912

deadbeat
resolving