forum

[Editor] Playback Rates [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ampzz
I have always wondered it hasn't been possible to go lower than 25% for overall playback rate during Editor usage especially when it comes down to timing; which has been an ongoing issue with some beatmaps.

What I would love to see implemented is the ability to either:
  1. Have a user definable numerical value.
  2. Add in additional percentile rates which go lower than the current standards for more precise timing; 10% for example.
Too lazy to go searching through the forum to see if this is a duplicate.
theowest
duplicate t/88662

and let's just quote peppy

peppy wrote:

Going lower than 25% is NOT more precise. In fact, going that low is arguably less precise than 100%. This is due to the way music is reproduced digitally, and the limitations involved in slowing limited-resolution samples down. This will never happen.

Going above 100% can be done, but personally I do not see the need. If you can't mod/map at 1x speed you probably should work on your patience.

peppy wrote:

Unless you have studied the algorithm used for slowing the samples and are familiar with the sample source (ie. the instrument or patch being used), this is an invalid point.

If you want lower than 25%, use a sound editor and time it yourself. This feature will never be implemented.
Sakura
Also you can already adjust the playback rate within 25% and 100% by pressing the up and down keys on your keyboard.