forum

The Bossfight Topic

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zatoichi
Considering Cubia is the polar opposite of the Key of the Twilight, Cubia is often compared to the Antichrist, especially in the //CONGLOMERATE era. You satanic fursuiter.

Also, the Key of the Twilight is whatever ends up saving "The World" in the end.
Diokatsu
I loved the fight against Grey Fox in the first MGS. It was so cool just because of the line "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon." <3
awp
I just beat Earthbound on PSP. Giygas is a pretty nifty fight.
DoubleJumpingJoe
I liked the final boss of Disgaea, just the whole build up between Angels and Demons eventually squaring off to put an end to the whole fiasco. The normal ending was the first one I got and man was that epic.

Another one would be the Spider Queen from Okami. Just the sheer size of her and the fact that this is technically the first boss you fight against and it is to one of that caliber. [Not counting Waka as the first boss, more like a mini boss...I don't know why.]
YellowerYoshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

cheap money scheme
Remember the scene with Otacon in MGS4 about how you need to switch disks? Its kinda like that.

By the way, Net Slum is always your final server. Every time.
Azure_Kite
Oh, wait, the final boss(es) in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were both pretty epic as well.

KH358/2 days has a mission where you fight 6 boss heartless in succession. The debris wyvern heartless (debris something, anyways), is a real toughie, because if you get his by it's shockwave you can get a condition which sets you to level 1 for 30 seconds. then it's one hit KO. on the other hand, at least you retain your mission progress.
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ignorethis

Azure_Kyte wrote:

KH358/2 days has a mission where you...
obviously you have a lagging internet connection xD

Anyway talking about the favourite boss i've ever encountered, maybe the espers from FFXII are my favourite. I don't really have an exact reason, but... well, I just liked them, although I've only beaten like 7 or 8 and then the PS2 console was forced to return to my classmate. :( That happened one year ago during the summer holiday of my senior one year.
awp
Azure_Kite
TODhaseo
Thimeeh
Revive!

Beatrix - FFIX. In the end she's undefeated
Kuja - FFIX. Double black magic flare with Vivi = 2x9999dmg --> "Hahaha! You call THAT an attack"
Cyborg Ninja - MGS. Ninja
Liquid Oscelot - MGS4. When the boss theme from MGS started to play my mind was blown
Vergil - Devil may cry 3. Two epic to the max badasses swordfighting
Reicher - Mana Khemia 2. The thing he says(japanese) when launching the bits off his shield sounds so epic
Gabranth - FFXII.

I could go on, but let's see if someone else here has anything to say xD
Kokizi
Battle of Agincourt

it's not a boss fight, but a historical battle on M2:TW

anyway, this is the only historical battle I haven't cleared yet. that cavalry flank always messes everything up.
ampzz
Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII, if you didn't exploit Selphie's overpowered Slot limit break on the original Playstation (lifting the lid to freeze the game and allow for you to have all the time in the world to get The End which One-hit all in the game) was fairly epic including all the necessary things you needed to do before being able to go up against him.
Rantai

ampzz wrote:

Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII, if you didn't exploit Selphie's overpowered Slot limit break on the original Playstation (lifting the lid to freeze the game and allow for you to have all the time in the world to get The End which One-hit all in the game) was fairly epic including all the necessary things you needed to do before being able to go up against him.
I completely disagree.

With Zell's 'Armageddon Fist' all you had to do was equip death immunity and Aura Zell up and effectively kill him in one or two limit breaks.
Or just convert your Gilgamesh card into Holy Wars.

But yeah that fight was extremely disappointing, even if you didn't resort to 'exploiting'.

On topic: I honestly can't say there has been any impressive boss fights that I've come across, that I can remember.
awp

Rantai wrote:

ampzz wrote:

I completely disagree.

With Zell's 'Armageddon Fist' all you had to do was equip death immunity and Aura Zell up and effectively kill him in one or two limit breaks.
Or just convert your Gilgamesh card into Holy Wars.

But yeah that fight was extremely disappointing, even if you didn't resort to 'exploiting'.
Yeah, I used to think Omega was ridiculous, but then I cast Aura on Zell and went into his limit break, and just did those two attacks (left right left, then down left x or something. Whatever they were) as many times as possible. His limit ended up being like a 35-hit combo. Do that 3 times or so and that was that.

On my first playthrough of Persona 4, basically every boss other than Chie felt awesome because I didn't know how to exploit persona fusion and won every boss battle by the skin of my teeth.
Thimeeh
Murai(first boss) in Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.
Good god, getting used to the controls and actually passing the level is hard enough and requires many tries in itself. Then when you finally manage to get to the boss and congratulate yourself on learning to play this game, the game goes:" Sorry kid, but you SUCK". He kicks your ass. Many times. It took days to beat him, and the fact that he displays his skill with the nunchaku every time you go up against him, doesn't make it any easier.
When you DO beat him, it is revealed that you are only training in a friendly manner. Just sparring, that's all. EXCEPT he has killed you about hundred times. YOU ARE DEAD written in blood across the screen every time you lose.
But that's how ninjas roll.
Zelos
Penance from Final Fantasy X: International
That fucker has 12 million HP with 2 arms that have 500,000 HP each.
You would have to take out the 2 arms if you had a chance for survival.
The worst part is that the arms regenerates after a few turns.
The more worst part is that if you didn't take out the arms, in the 2nd phase of Penance, he unleashed a damn powerful move called Judgement day.
It took me 50 minutes to finally kill this fucker.
Mianki
Argorok from LoZ: Twilight Princess.
When I started playing this boss, it just gave me the chills. The mood was just perfect with the rain and the music.
And I enjoyed playing it more than the rest of the bosses.
FreakyTy
Pringer-X from Disgaea 2 With unleash the Land of Carnage, on the second visit when there's eight of them. You beat that without cheating and you have successfully raped NIS.

Literally how the fuck do you win when they all have 40,000,000 in EVERY stat and after using a special attack once it becomes useless against all of them? not to mention each one has around 163 Million HP, and will almost certainly one shot you with a counter unless your characters are built for HP...

I declare it impossible :/
Towjow
Touhou 11 - Subterranean Animism
Extra Stage Koishi o: Superhard boss imho :c