forum

[osu!mania] hit judgment is far too harsh [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
show more
TheVileOne
or maybe you're just more accurate. If you're just a few ms off hitting a slider, it will be a 200. This is an unacceptable standard of accuracy IMO.

Edit: In general, this gamemode shouldn't only be for the Hardcore. There is no way for players to get right into this game mode and play well. The easier difficulty are littered with sliders, which you have to be supremely accurate to hit them. So unless you're good at taiko already, there is no way to play well without lots of practicing if you're a beginner, and we're talking about the Easiest maps

Sliders in osu standard are more lenient than the hitcircles, why is it the other way around in osu!mania?

Edit2:

I'll put this into perspective. When I play osu standard, i'll generally have a mishit percentage of 7-17ms on average. This amount would equal a 200 in any slider in osu!mania regardless of difficulty level.
darkmiz

TheVileOne wrote:

or maybe you're just more accurate. If you're just a few ms off hitting a slider, it will be a 200. This is an unacceptable standard of accuracy IMO.

Edit: In general, this gamemode shouldn't only be for the Hardcore. There is no way for players to get right into this game mode and play well. The easier difficulty are littered with sliders, which you have to be supremely accurate to hit them. So unless you're good at taiko already, there is no way to play well without lots of practicing if you're a beginner, and we're talking about the Easiest maps

Sliders in osu standard are more lenient than the hitcircles, why is it the other way around in osu!mania?

Edit2:

I'll put this into perspective. When I play osu standard, i'll generally have a mishit percentage of 7-17ms on average. This amount would equal a 200 in any slider in osu!mania regardless of difficulty level.
Sliders are not that hard.
I'm a osu!mania beginner, and I got this on my fourth try:
TheVileOne
Are you a beginner in osu? If you answer No to this, then your opinion is invalid. I'm talking about facts here, and you're trying to confuse things.

Put yourself into someone elses shoes who gets 90% off single notes, but 60% off the sliders. If you can get a good percentage off both, then you obviously super accurate at this game. But if you consider a large portion of the osu community, they aren't going to be as accurate, and there is a difference between hitting a note and hitting a slider. Stop trying to defend some ignorant notion that what I'm saying isn't factual.

Edit:

Taiko rank: 4,751pp (#725) Yes your opinion is entirely invalid. You have to be very accurate to be good at taiko.
Vish024
I find it annoying but I don't mind it because it's my lack of skill that causes this.
[Luanny]
it is not that hard
after some tries I could have some good acc
this is just practice.. this is new game mode, people will get used to it soon c:

if you're bad at it, practice more until you get accurate
also why are you being so ignorant about others' opinions? lol calm your tits, dude

ps.: I really suck at accuracy and I'm a taiko player lol
peppy
I can get 98-99% after a few tries on a map. We all know how bad I am at osu! :P.
Marking invalid.
TheVileOne
It's not that I'm bad at it. I'm referring to hitting single notes perfectly and hitting sliders as constant 200s and I've observed similar behaviours from other people. It's the sliders not people's skills at the game. Why would one need to practice more just to hit sliders when they should be just as easy if not easier to hit than regular notes?
peppy
I have no issues with sliders. You are probably not letting go at the right time.
D33d

TheVileOne wrote:

It's not that I'm bad at it. I'm referring to hitting single notes perfectly and hitting sliders as constant 200s and I've observed similar behaviours from other people. It's the sliders not people's skills at the game. Why would one need to practice more just to hit sliders when they should be just as easy if not easier to hit than regular notes?
Didn't you once say that you had no problems with hitting awkward 1/8 offbeats? I can't imagine you failing to get used to the hit window. It adds to the challenge and it's good to see a mode in which accuracy is rewarded fully.
darkmiz

TheVileOne wrote:

I use a mechanical keyboard and I have no problems with releasing/letting-go timing, it could be your keyboard is bad.
Also this has nothing to do with taiko skills, there are no hold-and-release in taiko.
TheVileOne
I was playing it wrong the whole time. Durrr Eh it takes some practice but still release mechanism is still too bleh. I mean I'm playing an Easy level song and I've gotten a D everytime after 5 attempts. If I'm hitting all the notes, and getting a D, I can only imagine how much trouble someone will have if they actually miss notes. Although some Easy difficulties are much harder than other difficulties.

Beginners will be getting like 30% hitaccuracies on osumania!

Edit:

Also I should note in order to get a perfect 300 I have to release the slider early and have the keyboard lag detect that the slider end is perfectly within the box. This isn't so easy to do with a hard to hear beat.

I don't see why there's wouldn't be an OD factorization here. Why is not easier to hit in the easier difficulties and harder to hit in the harder difficulties?
peppy
Change your UO.
TheVileOne
That's probably it. The update must have changed my UO.

Edit: I'm pretty much done with this debate. It's invalid, and should be sent to the resolved graveyard.
asl97
wait a moment here, i think it far too harsh on slow map like Skillet - Lucy
you need to hit it right on or you will get 200 only
peppy
It is the same on all speed maps.
[Luanny]

TheVileOne wrote:

It's not that I'm bad at it. I'm referring to hitting single notes perfectly and hitting sliders as constant 200s
You're too used to standard
lol "sliders" are different in all play modes, what is the problem on "sliders being harder on o!m" ?
Actually it is not even harder, just learn how to do them

Well it took me like 10 tries to notice how to hit them properly >.> but stair streams are way harder imo :P
lolcubes
It could be related to your input lag of the keyboard if there is some. It's just a matter of getting used to release in the same manner as you press.
I am terrible at taiko and I think the hit window is just fine. :P
Sakura
That just means that osu!mania is a game in which you actually are required to be accurate and good at rythm to succeed.
asl97
turn out that all i need to do is to use the ctrl & + to increased the speed the note.
and now i use my psp as a controller (fusa gamepad and xpadder) and i am getting 94+% easily.
VelperK
woc rulz

Don-Tan
true story :D thanks a lot woc2006 :D

btw: i like the one with the psp controller *-* lets try it out
asl97
Version 5.3 is the latest free version for Xpadder and
Version 0.3 is the latest for FuSa gamepad,
but you can also use wifi controller (4.4) and ppjoy (0.83 for best compatibility from what i hear) for psp
the only good point of using wifi controller is that you don't disconnect all of the sudden if you got a old usb.

just pointing it out just in case someone needed it.