forum

Creating Beatmaps: .wav files [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Nezqi
I really hope this isn't an issue for just me, but whenever i attempt to drag a .wav music file it gives me the message "osu doesn't know how to use this file" or somewhere along that line.

Requesting for osu to read .wav files.
PROGUY
Convert it to an average-quality MP3 or OGG first.
deadbeat
using mp3's and OGG file should be enough. also if you need to convert a audio file to mp3, i suggest using audacity. seems to be what most people use and i think there is even a tutorial somewhere on the forums
EDIT: t/36719
merchat7
Reason why .wav support for song files will not implemented can be found here t/40016

Or simply click the spoilerbox
SPOILER

peppy wrote:

FurukawaPan wrote:

I find the ownership exemption a little bizarre. If you actually made the song/mp3 yourself wouldn't it be *easier* to control the bitrate? It makes this sound like some backwards RIAA restriction as if it was somehow less infringing if the song was a lower bitrate? I don't think that excuse would wash with anyone issuing a takedown request.
It's won't hold any water. It's a personal request based on my own morales. I don't want my own service distributing (near) lossless music. Establishing a bitrate which means the game is playable without attracting undue attention to the quality is my aim here. I don't care if you agree or not but it is how I want things done.
Loseless = .wav, .flac,. ape, etc.
Sakura
Not sure about waves being loseless, but peppy probably was referring on that post to the 192 kbps upper bitrate limit. (320 kbps is Loseless)
Saten
Why do you wanna drag a .wav file in osu?
They are practically uncompressed and takes way more space than a regular .mp3
And if you want osu! to to read .wav files the same way as .mp3, there would probably be cases where osu! thinks the hitsounds (.wav) is the actual music

320kbps isn't lossless
The Human ear wont probably notice the differences.
Drafura

Ghostoo666 wrote:

Requesting for osu to read .wav files.
lol no... .wav are way more than 320kb/s (at this point peppy won't allow it), making them taking a lot of space even for a 1 minute song, you couldn't even upload your own beatmap (for a 3-4 minute song or something like that) cause beatmap size limit is set at 26mb since the 2 october 2012 and I allready have a 50Go song folder so I don't want .wav xD
peppy
320kbit isn't lossless, what.

This thread..