forum

Osu feeling like there is more delay then usual

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shigeyumi
Ok so recently i have been feeling like osu has been feeling like there is more delay then previously and it affects me actually playing and im not sure what it is because in game my delay is only 0.34 MS and thats lower then it ever is and my fps is 144/144 and it still feels like there is way more delay then usual. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
oSumAtrIX
Check the fps setting, it has changed
Topic Starter
Shigeyumi

oSumAtrIX wrote:

Check the fps setting, it has changed

im just gonna give up on it and quit the game for while bc i have done everything i can and the game still feels worse then it ever has before these last few updates. might come back after a few patches might not. thanks for the help tho bc changing it to optimal worked put i can still feel the delay.
oSumAtrIX
Can you confirm by runnning an old version of osu?
BillyBaka
i have a few posts talking about how i feel in this game since about the last 3 or 4 years.

so turns out for me i changed my screen (was a 144hz screen) i now have a 240hz screen

and i feel the game feels better (timing) if you try a kind of frame sync setup as lets say : you set your screen to 120hz instead and have a custom frame limit that is factor of 60. like 480,540,600,960 and so on.

i feel a whole lot better since i changed my screen, i dont know maybe that benq z2411 was a not so great screen (display lag ?? + input lag combo ?? you have no idea of how many settings i tried and other hardware changed i made) i also had this kind of timing issue on 2 different pc.

but ... theres a couple updates these past few days about audio lag ... i feel i was feeling better on (Stable 20200103.3)

the last one as today build (Stable 20200104.8) idk i havent played it much but im pretty sure its not as great. i felt kinda randon this morning. like some times it happens mid play and randomly miss like a single or multiple notes for lets say a second. this is mostly noticed on feeling and sometimes i understand that im not the most consistent player but
for me i think i fixed it by changing my screen ...
exeption of this morning but they work on it so i expect more updates on that audio issue.

if you have a nvidia video card theres settings out there that are super important (at least for me) i think those help a lot on accuracy timings.

that was just random thoughts to help you out. as i tried a lot of stuff myself to have audio vs. display accuracy so i can play properly. i dont remember as it was a long time ago .. but i had lots of problems trying to play on 144hz (probably not related to the refresh rate itself tho).

i recommend as for me was better trying set you screen to 120hz and have that frame sync setup i was talking about.

and in the config file (osu.yourname.cfg)
refresh rate = 144
forceframeflush = 1 (that is the reduced frame drop setting in the menu)

good luck
Tedward765
so i guess im not the only one with this problem as well, constantly hitting late even with no offset changes and the beatmap being timed correctly

edit: it seems to vary between beatmaps id either be always hitting too early or too late even with sub 90UR