forum

The osu!monthly #5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jjrocks
After a week of delays, the osu!monthly #5 is finally out! If you want the high-res version click here. If you want the lower-res google docs version, click here.

In this issue we have:
  1. An interview with peppy on osu!stream
  2. Caption Contest
  3. A new comic series! (osureshii!)
  4. And so much more!
So please do check it out, and make sure to tell us what you think!
Also, if you want to stay up to date with all things osu!monthly, follow us on twitter

View osu!monthly #5 in high res (6.75 mb)
View osu!monthly #5 in low res
Starrodkirby86
Sorry for the inconveniences here! There were some real-life obligations that made things take a small turn for the worst. But it's all out now, so let's all enjoy the latest edition of the osu!monthly. :)

Also, we have a Twitter! Check out our Twitter by clicking here or clicking on that Blue Bird button on Page 3. Follow it for some sneak peeks and other cool stuff as we get things going.
Raging Bull
first

Looks interesting.

High res taking forever to load and I'm too lazy to sign up for google orz.
dkun
Just looking at the cover..
My, oh my. Great job osu!monthly team!
Vext_old
I'm posting here.
akrolsmir
I demand the next one be finished in three weeks to make up for the time we had to suffer without a new newsletter.
Ekaru
Great job, except for one thing...

At the end of the article on jumps it says something incorrect regarding osu!'s mouse precision mode. You should turn off Windows' pointer precision mode, but you should have osu!'s mouse precision mode on if you have a low sensitivity in-game like 0.5x. The article explains Windows' pointer precision mode, not osu!'s. All osu!'s does is make your mouse's movements more precise, and is notable on low sensitivities. That is literally all it does, it doesn't affect acceleration or anything.

That common error corrected, good issue! And yes Doomsday, I confess to sometimes finding other people to do the Easy/Normal for me, even if the song's only 1 minute long! Though, I have been much better about that lately.
Zekira
Oh god I freaking lol'd at the comic...
Raging Bull
Waah. I'm so signing up for google. It finally loaded. I click a link and it opens the link on the same window. Now I'm waiting for the article to load again = =
Gonzvlo
I'm quite amazed, this newsletter keeps getting better and better.

Good job guys, I really enjoyed reading all of those amazing articles!
Starrodkirby86

Raging Bull wrote:

Waah. I'm so signing up for google. It finally loaded. I click a link and it opens the link on the same window. Now I'm waiting for the article to load again = =
Sorry for that inconvenience, Raging Bull. The Adobe plugin's sort of a nuisance with web browsers. We're not quite sure what to do exactly on that end, since the plugin's provided by Adobe themselves rather than us or some editable setting on a .pdf.

You can, however, download the high-res .pdf yourself so links won't occupy the same window.
Tenshi

Zekira wrote:

Oh god I freaking lol'd at the comic...
^

Looks awesome; will definitely read tomorrow after school fuuuuu.
Randy96
It's amazing, it just keeps getting better every issue

and the comic was great, definitely can't wait to see more of these!
roleykatsu
As always, osu!monthly gets better each issue~ ♥

One slight thing, though. I know maybe this is a limitation that cannot be fixed even if tried, but is there any way to make the high-res PDF version of osu! monthly to have its implemented hyperlinks to open in a new tab/window rather than open on the same tab osu!monthly is loaded on? It's a bit of a nuisance having to re-load the file all over again whenever we want to go back to the article after clicking a link. It doesn't bother me that much but still it would be nice if it could be fixed :3
Mara
I like this. That's all.
Suimya
lol Vext i havent thought you are that great wow that was awesome and i liked reading it >3<
YGOkid8
comic = win
the only thing i don't like about this
is that it is too long, imo

yeah we don't HAVE to read it all in one go, but with newletters and the such, that's what i prefer to do
hmm, just my personal preference, but otherwise enjoyed it.
arien666
I need to subscribe this everything >_>

Until now, I still regret about that speedranking orz
;____;
orz

Just watching comic :3
Zekira
Is it just me or is the low-res basically unreadable?

Also for some reason the hi-res version always errors everytime I view it, no matter how many times I DL it
YGOkid8

Zekira wrote:

Also for some reason the hi-res version always errors everytime I view it, no matter how many times I DL it
it did for me as well
what i did is as SOON as you got the page up, click the save button ASAP and well, save it. might've just been fluke though, but meh
raxar
article about jump, love it <3
reading osu monthly one by one made my urge to map a song back and bigger orz -_-
Corin
THIS CAME OUT BETTER THAN I EXPECTED.

GOOD JOB TEAM
Natteke
nice! natteke.png lololol
Omega

YGOkid8 wrote:

Zekira wrote:

it did for me as well
what i did is as SOON as you got the page up, click the save button ASAP and well, save it. might've just been fluke though, but meh
You can instead right click the link to the PDF version and then right click, then choose "Save as" and open it in your PDF viewer of choice, ifyou are encountering problems.
YGOkid8

Omega wrote:

You can instead right click the link to the PDF version and then right click, then choose "Save as" and open it in your PDF viewer of choice, ifyou are encountering problems.
it's more rewarding my way :)
Omega

YGOkid8 wrote:

it's more rewarding my way :)

That's what she said!

*ehem* Well, your way works, too!
Quaraezha
YGOkid8
SPOILER

Quaraezha wrote:

.__.

screw you man, you just completely made everyone else lose a chance at winning this thing
Omega
@Quaraezha:

RandomJibberish
Manga translations are one thing, but intentionally writing your comic to read from right to left when it's in english makes absolutely no sense.
Also, in future, I'd recommend getting someone who actually maps to write mapping tips

Otherwise a nice issue though :P
Corin

YGOkid8 wrote:

SPOILER

Quaraezha wrote:

.__.

screw you man, you just completely made everyone else lose a chance at winning this thing
It's okay, he's not allowed to vote~ ;3
Anzo
^ lol

@topic:
Pippi looks younger in the comics.. MOE!

already submitted some captions...
Quaraezha
I'm disqualified 'cause
No professionals allowed. Oho oho.
You guys have fun~
There are a few graphical errors in the layout, we'll PROOOBABLY fix those.

And oh, thanks for the feedbacks.
Omega
I would like to apologize for not having maps in my pending, ranking, or graveyarded sections. However, I have spent more than forty hours in the editor while making maps. I have also did a certain number of guest difficulty. Not all of them are credited to me, though.

One would be inclined to say that I shouldn't make mapping tips without having mapped, but I assure you, I have several maps.

In addition, I would like to apologize if you found the tips I wrote disappointing.
m980
Those mapping tips are kind of a no brainer :p

But yeah. Awesome job guys. Can't wait for the next issue :)

(SK and Sinistro should rewrite the shitty storyboarding faq)
-----
This is fantastic...Now I really don't know how to top this issue for the next release :)
Sallad4ever
I love the speedranking article, nice one KRZY ;)
Why's ztrot formation are not mention on the jump article?

Overall it's a nice issue guys, the comic at the end is a nice add.
Star~
deadbeat
Loving the new issue :) nicely done, was a good read
my hair isn't like that any more :/
show more