forum

Catch the Beat 2vs2 Tournament (Team vs.) ExKana Wins!

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZHSteven
Match for semifinal is all the people left with the world top standard. So they should master hidden mode bucause it is really a basic mode to become the world top.

In my opinion, Every map is well to play in hidden mode, expect some low AR big jump map like Level 70.(that is really eggpain...
So I still do not catch the point of the cancelling of hidden mode.
In fact, ctb match is not like standard, the acc different can cause a lot of point difference. hidden is a good kill of acc in standard, so that is the point of cancelling hidden in standard.

But CTB match is difference. in ctb mode, hidden is really good for some map which you can seperate the participant for the match. Streaming map with hidden to test the players' stability(like shoushitsu). Jumping map with hidden to test the players' jumping skill(like Black Rock Shooter), because you cannot just pass whatever in hidden mode, one cannot catch, others will also drop because you loose the rhythm to catch.

So I think in CTB match, hidden is still needed for the semifinal or even final matches.

Also, I would like to share my opinion of the choosing map.

I think maps like m-flo loves CHEMISTRY - Astrosexy or Demetori - Wind God Girl [Extra]
is really dont suit for a semifinal match.
the combo of the song is really high and it is not very hard with the top players' skill.
These map is just testing the stability or focus in a match, not the real skill difference.
So I dont think that kind of map is a good choice of the match.
Maybe you can try to find some maps with lower combo and it is really need skills to win someone, like yume(by kana), Genesis of Aquarion, Anisakis, ravers fatasy(for jump), koi no honoo(for stability in moving).

All of the above is just suggestion~
Wish all of the players can get their good result~
Topic Starter
Weez
You can say that this whole tournament was a test to see how it works outs, so on hte safe side, I just sticked with no mods like owc. Seeing how it made it all the way to the semis I can say there will be more tournaments. Even if I give up on CTB, I will still run this tourny. I'll try my best to get some staffs so I got a more open opinion on maps, mods and stuff. But now that I have pulled hidden out, I can't go back and put it in :T So I'll keep in mind if it should be in the finals or not.

As for the maps, Wind God Girl is a little practice stamina test for a certain long map thats gonna be in the finals. As for Astrosexy, I always have one map thats easily fc'able :T
Kitsunemimi
Just feel like mentioning, I changed our match time to 4:00PM GMT-5 / 10:00PM GMT+1
Kitsunemimi
Tee hee double post

Match history: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/896336
Nubs 2:0 ⑨Baka

I'm starting to think we're the only team that practices

GO GO NUBS IN THE FINALSSSSSS
Topic Starter
Weez
And we got our first finalist!!!!
Congrats :) will update once I get home
Haneii
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

/me supah hugs Mimi and Suma-chan <3

CONGRATZ GUYS!
Krzysiek
Inb4 Canada wins.

VelperK
I just forget it...

Is there any possibilities for doing it the next sunday if ExKana's agree too weezy?

EDIT: saturday is a possibility too.

Please try to understand my culpability
Topic Starter
Weez

VelperK wrote:

I just forget it...

Is there any possibilities for doing it the next sunday if ExKana's agree too weezy?

srry can't allow that :T
Deif
Canada is getting trendy nowadays :3

SPOILER
inb4 Canada wins
VelperK

Weezy wrote:

VelperK wrote:

I just forget it...

srry can't allow that :T
and why?
Topic Starter
Weez

Rules wrote:

- If a player does not show up for his/her match and no information has been given to me, the teammate will play alone so 1vs2.
Rules are rules, denied Team botella a rematch (same thing happened) so I can't bend the rules now.
VelperK

Weezy wrote:

Rules wrote:

- If a player does not show up for his/her match and no information has been given to me, the teammate will play alone so 1vs2.
Rules are rules, denied Team botella a rematch (same thing happened) so I can't bend the rules now.
But you did...

When we played vs Alicer0 first time, It was just VELPERAGE vs AleZer0 because AlicelXJ didn't show herself.
So we did a rematch and you said that it was all ok. :roll:

EDIT: If ExKana win the whole thing it won't be in the legal way. I was worried about this tourney and practiced hard for every match... and I just passed sleeping and we losed because unfair round. Fuck the whole rules.
Topic Starter
Weez

VelperK wrote:

But you did...

When we played vs Alicer0 first time, It was just VELPERAGE vs AleZer0 because AlicelXJ didn't show herself.
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/716118
Where was your teammate?

this was a 1vs1 (its a teams tourny) situation and both team agreed for a rematch. Talked with Kana and Hinex and they don't want a rematch.
Krzysiek
Yeah I remember that day. It was sooo hilarious.

It was like that... VelperK is ready, AleZer0 is ready. We talk about stuff "why AlicelJX is not there". I was at the time with the friend cos he came to borrow me some nerd stuff ;-). So I'm like "OKay, Ale, we're still waiting for AlicelJX (it was about 15 minutes into the game time then). I have to go see friend off so I'll be right back after like 15-20 minutes. In case AlicelJX comes, don't start without me ;-)".

So I go with the friend, it's raining outside so it's chilly and stuff. We talk about some anime stuff and finally get to the station. Walk took about 10 minutes in one way. After he left I dashu dashu dashu to the home. And lo, VelperK is already playing with AleZer0 x_x. I'm like "WTF is going on mang... Velper let me in". And he "No!". Lol'd so much then x-D. VelperK won win AleZer0.

Well games are finished and we talk what happened to the AlicelJX. Turns out she was ill and couldn't come (or something like that, I don't quite believe everything Ale is saying cos I don't like him (-; ). Well wtv, AlicelJX came tomorrow and about 10am GMT+1 we talked about when to play. It was 5am for VelperK at that time so we came to an agreement we'll play in the evening IF VELPER COMES (it wasn't sure whether Velper will be there cos I didn't know it at the time ^^). Well we played the same time tomorrow and won again. AleZer0 was cursing on lags (yeah yeah yeah x-D).

Anyways, I had a good time after that and played some multiplayers and drinking my fav beer \o/. Life is beautiful.
Inamaru

Krzysiek wrote:

It was like that... VelperK is ready, AleZer0 is ready. We talk about stuff "why AlicelJX is not there". I was at the time with the friend cos he came to borrow me some nerd stuff ;-). So I'm like "OKay, Ale, we're still waiting for AlicelJX (it was about 15 minutes into the game time then). I have to go see friend off so I'll be right back after like 15-20 minutes. In case AlicelJX comes, don't start without me ;-)".

So I go with the friend, it's raining outside so it's chilly and stuff. We talk about some anime stuff and finally get to the station. Walk took about 10 minutes in one way. After he left I dashu dashu dashu to the home. And lo, VelperK is already playing with AleZer0 x_x. I'm like "WTF is going on mang... Velper let me in". And he "No!". Lol'd so much then x-D. VelperK won win AleZer0.

Well games are finished and we talk what happened to the AlicelJX. Turns out she was ill and couldn't come (or something like that, I don't quite believe everything Ale is saying cos I don't like him (-; ). Well wtv, AlicelJX came tomorrow and about 10am GMT+1 we talked about when to play. It was 5am for VelperK at that time so we came to an agreement we'll play in the evening IF VELPER COMES (it wasn't sure whether Velper will be there cos I didn't know it at the time ^^). Well we played the same time tomorrow and won again. AleZer0 was cursing on lags (yeah yeah yeah x-D).

Anyways, I had a good time after that and played some multiplayers and drinking my fav beer \o/. Life is beautiful.
lol...

Gogo For 3rd place~
Deif

Krzysiek wrote:

Nice Krzysiek lol
VelperK

Weezy wrote:

VelperK wrote:

But you did...

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/716118
Where was your teammate?

this was a 1vs1 (its a teams tourny) situation and both team agreed for a rematch. Talked with Kana and Hinex and they don't want a rematch.
What a strange thing... I asked HineX if he wanted to do it and he said in some way, yes.

Krzy's post is the most clearly possible for that funny situation. :D

EDIT: I won't change my viewing point respecting to this whatevers rules or blah blah. (I know you don't mind but I write it anyways)
Kitsunemimi

VelperK wrote:

What a strange thing... I asked HineX if he wanted to do it and he said in some way, yes.

EDIT: I won't change my viewing point respecting to this whatevers rules or blah blah. (I know you don't mind but I write it anyways)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're really sorry you couldn't make it (or at least I am). But it's too late now. You still had fun right? :3

Maybe next time...~
VelperK

Kitsunemimi wrote:

VelperK wrote:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're really sorry you couldn't make it (or at least I am). But it's too late now. You still had fun right? :3

Maybe next time...~
thx for your post

so bad that "It's too late" cos it could getted more interesting if it were 2vs2 :)

wtvs, you're right... maybe next time ;)
Topic Starter
Weez
Map list is out, as for times I'll work on it in the morning, too sleepy >.<
Krzysiek
As for the losers final we chose Friday 24th at 21:00 GMT+1.
KanaRin
Umm, Sunday is no problem for us.
Is this Possible for 10pm (GMT+8)?
We think that 11pm has a bit too late ><
Topic Starter
Weez

KanaRin wrote:

Umm, Sunday is no problem for us.
Is this Possible for 10pm (GMT+8)?
We think that 11pm has a bit too late ><
talk with the other team cuz there is like a 12 hr difference
Kitsunemimi
I can't do anything at around that time on Sunday. Honestly, I suggest Saturday, it would be a lot better time for me. I have an exam on Monday too.
Kitsunemimi
Double post again, but gotta let people subscribed to the thread get their notification.

Time for finals has been changed to Saturday 11:00PM (GMT+8) / 11:00AM (GMT-5).
Krzysiek
How come there's 13hr time zone difference yet you wrote 11:00 PM/AM ?
Kitsunemimi
We have DST, they don't.
Krzysiek
⑨Baka vs, Where's my teammate Friday June 24th, 21:00 (9pm) GMT+1

We played 1v1 \o/. Epic :_>.

Match results:

Match 1:
SPOILER
⑨Baka 0-1 VELPERAGE

Match 2:
SPOILER
2. missing ;_;
⑨Baka 1-1 VELPERAGE

Match 3:
SPOILER
⑨Baka 2-1 VELPERAGE

Match 4:
SPOILER
⑨Baka 2-2 VELPERAGE

Match 5:
SPOILER
5. missing ;_;
⑨Baka 2-3 VELPERAGE

Match 6:
SPOILER
⑨Baka 3-3 VELPERAGE

Match 7:
SPOILER
⑨Baka 3-4 VELPERAGE

Result:
SPOILER
VELPERAGE wins!

Match history:
SPOILER
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/984943
Deif
Poor Ina ;__; But congrats to Velperage ;)
Kitsunemimi
Ohhhh wow, I didn't realize Inamaru failed on round 4.
... :< He would've won if he didn't >_<

Still, good job VELPERAGE!!! Epic match!
KRZY
lol epic game

now I wish we had gone a bit farther in this tournament ;_;
Mismagius
Nice to see my maps there :)

Good luck everyone!
VelperK
Thx everyone o/

was a good match indeed 8-)
Topic Starter
Weez
sweet, at least one team gets supporter tags :D
Kitsunemimi
*waiting for post*

.......... we're such NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBS
CLSW
GJ to everyone~

and congrats to ExKana~
Topic Starter
Weez
yeaaaaah double post :3 nvm >.<

Nub vs. ExKana

Match history here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/991672

Congratulations to KanaRin and HineX! The first CTB Team Champions!

And that's an end to this tournament. Finally a CtB tournament that actually ended! Thanks to everyone for their help on this! And to all the player that did show up! For sure I'll be making more tournaments in the near future probably a different style. If you wanna help or got ideas let me know!

Any feedback on how I did and what I should have done is welcomed. Just post here!! :D
Komeiji Yuki
Congra to Exkana :)

Though the final should be more exciting :(
KRZY
Congratulations to ExKana, you monsters :D And good effort Sumaki/Kitsunemimi, you played like finalists :D

Well done Weezy for smoothly running what is after all the first big international CTB tournament! Thank you very much for this, it was a lot of fun =w=
Ikillforpies
Congratz to ExKana~
It was a epic Match! Good job to both teams!
MoodyRPG
Congrats HineX and KanaRin :)
SS_Kanzaki
Congratulation ExKana :D
Topic Starter
Weez
Prizes will be sent as soon as i can get on my paypal D:
Deif
Nice done ExKana!

That was a really exciting tourney. Thank you Weezy :3
DeathxShinigami
orz

How did you even...manage to get through all of this drama?
Haneii
Congrats ExKana \o/

/me hugs Mimi and Suma-chan - You guys did an awesome job, congrats for getting so far <3

Great job on hosting this tourney Weezy >w<
Krzysiek
\o/. Gratz to ExKana team. Fully deserved win.

I liked this tourney a lot. Map pool was great (hardly any spinner wars save for one in Asian bracket). Too bad there was some WO in the earlier stages, but it can't be helped ^^. Hope for new tourneys to provide:
-> time zone explanation
-> split-screen replays like Dvorak did in recent Taiko tournament, osu! tournament and AFAIR Japan osu! tournament earlier
-> more hype x-D

Thanks for the tourney Weezy.
joynama
Congrats ExKana :3
And good job weezy :3
ElectricShock
congratulation Hinex and kana!
and give a clap to Weezy!
:D
Mismagius
nooooooo kitsuneee ;____________;

Nice job everyone :)