forum

DJMax Osuka v1.1 (Technika 2)

posted
Total Posts
show more
DJNightmare

Xiaounlimited wrote:

"There was another skin released a few months ago entitled Technika 2, but it mostly resembled a pile of rainbow vomit on my screen."
My skin was really that bad? I guess i have a long way to go from skinning >.<
peppy
Cyclone pointed me over here. Great job as always, Xiao.
Mismagius
Pretty fucking awesome, as your old skins.
Gundam-Dude
oh hey I was credited 8-)

switching over from xi-style to this as my permanent theme
Quaraezha
This is beautiful.
The scoreboard is magnificent.
lepidopodus
Spinning giant note lol

Anyway It's a great job. I wish there's something similar with LED skin of DJmax technika too...
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Thank you for all the positive responses.

Cyclone wrote:

XIAO! Holy shit man, where have you been?

By the way you still make the best skins.
I vanished into another plane of existence. I had an itch to skin for osu! and I don't know why, but it ultimately brought me back here. I had a feeling you of all people would pop into this thread. Haha.

DJNightmare wrote:

Xiaounlimited wrote:

"There was another skin released a few months ago entitled Technika 2, but it mostly resembled a pile of rainbow vomit on my screen."
My skin was really that bad? I guess i have a long way to go from skinning >.<
Sorry for being blunt (and quite possibly rude), but you have quite a ways to go. Keep trying!

peppy wrote:

Cyclone pointed me over here. Great job as always, Xiao.
Thank you, peppy.

lepidopodus wrote:

Spinning giant note lol

Anyway It's a great job. I wish there's something similar with LED skin of DJmax technika too...
Your wish is my command. Extract into the Osuka folder.

Download LED Noteskin Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukaledaddon.rar
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
One more thing.

Really want to get into the groove? Get this addon which removes the numbers from the noteskin — if you think you're up to it!

Download Numberless Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukanumberlessaddon.rar
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
ONE more thing. Triple post FTL, but it's easier to split apart content updates. I know I said I probably wouldn't, but...

Enjoy Catch the Beat mode? Now you can enjoy it with Osuka! Your DJMax Osuka Platinum Crew card is hungry for MAX Points and it's up to you to catch those fruit circles for them.

Download CtB Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukactbaddon.rar
Glass
Amazing skin.

Also +1 to what bmin said :P
Gon
pr0 skin right here peeps 8-) (especially the LED skin !!)
arien666
So, I bet this skin would be on osume <3
Quaraezha

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Your DJMax Osuka Platinum Crew card is hungry for MAX Points and it's up to you to catch those fruit circles for them.
Fukken lol'd.
You are now my inspiration to skin.
UtsukimiJerry
Holy fuck this is an awesome skin. A little bit comment on the score ranking after finishing a song

Can you make the ranks appear in the middle? It looks a bit awkward. But everything else is perfect.
Quaraezha

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

Can you make the ranks appear in the middle? It looks a bit awkward. But everything else is perfect.
I think Xiao is trying to resemble the original Scoreboard or something
Hakeru
^
oh hi DJ Bukkake ...

@Xiao
wanna use this mp3 for applause.mp3 ?
http://puu.sh/2Agl
Guy-kun
Wow... I find myself using a new skin for the first time ever.
Grats
Dai
aw my eyes!! Pretty fucking awesome skin
ouranhshc
nice skin. I lol'd when i saw this: " MAX is 300" hahaha
UtsukimiJerry

Quaraezha wrote:

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

I think Xiao is trying to resemble the original Scoreboard or something
Yes I know but if you look at the S picture, it's position in the middle while in Osu!, it's to the left.

Yet again, this skin is just too awesome.
Wineandbread
lmfao you're a card in the CtB skin
gg

(PS naicu work !!)
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
June 13, 2011: Version 1.1
What's new in this update:
  1. Slider ball changed from a golden orb to a green arrow sphere (a la Technika 2 sliders)
  2. Scoreboard grades centred (was previously left aligned)
  3. Score stars (COOL, MAX etc) have been shrunk in size by 20%
  4. Changed applause.wav so it is no longer silent; thank you to Hakeru Prismriver for supplying the file
  5. The Catch the Beat add-on is now bundled in the Osuka download
  6. LED Add-on: Reversearrow.png is now centred properly (click here to download the hotfix if you already have the add-on; be sure to rename it to reversearrow.png)

Get your hands on it (v1.1):
http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukav1.1.rar

Quaraezha wrote:

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Your DJMax Osuka Platinum Crew card is hungry for MAX Points and it's up to you to catch those fruit circles for them.
Fukken lol'd.
You are now my inspiration to skin.
I try my best, DJ Bukkake.

Hakeru Prismriver wrote:

^
oh hi DJ Bukkake ...

@Xiao
wanna use this mp3 for applause.mp3 ?
http://puu.sh/2Agl
Done and credited. Thank you.

ouranhshc wrote:

nice skin. I lol'd when i saw this: " MAX is 300" hahaha
I will fight you. And probably lose.

Wineandbread wrote:

lmfao you're a card in the CtB skin
gg

(PS naicu work !!)
jello jamz !!
DJNightmare
@ouranhshc lol nice joke XD MAX 300
Quaraezha
I'm not DJ Bukkake, it was just some random image I Google'd D:
And great job on the update, it's so totally sexy o/
ziin

Oh the hotness.

Also, applause.wav is a minute long, and should really be applause.ogg or applause.mp3. 10 MB for a gimmick isn't worth it.
Quaraezha
Oh god ziin, your Technika map is now 50% sexier.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
pfffff i'll compress it later
Nilsso
Good job xiao, I like the clean style u bring.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Reuploaded the skin with applause cut to 15 seconds and reduced to ~200kb.

Edit: LOL turns out i actually know DJ Bukkake, small world
ziin
HitCircleOverlap: 40
This ruins every map with custom numbers and combos greater than 9.
Arusha Shuna
just a little something
SS = S++?
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

Arusha Shuna wrote:

just a little something
SS = S++?
I originally had it as that but I changed it back to SS because it didn't have the same punch when you got into the results screen (unlike Technika where the plus signs pop in brightly and with sound effects). I also had no clue how I'd transfer it to the mini icons for the music select screen so I decided not to. Finally for consistency's sake, since I couldn't have A+/A++ it made no sense for me to put in S+/S++.

ziin wrote:

HitCircleOverlap: 40
This ruins every map with custom numbers and combos greater than 9.
I cropped the numbers and set the overlap to 3. Download link is in original post (1.1b); should fix any problems with custom maps while retaining proper looks. Was a result of my laziness since I didn't resize the Xi-style template.

On a side note, here is an LED slider ball for you since you're using it for your map:
Mesita
omg very good skin!! GREAT JOB
Hiza-chan
Awesome skin! I really like the colors.
Arusha Shuna

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Arusha Shuna wrote:

just a little something
SS = S++?
I originally had it as that but I changed it back to SS because it didn't have the same punch when you got into the results screen (unlike Technika where the plus signs pop in brightly and with sound effects). I also had no clue how I'd transfer it to the mini icons for the music select screen so I decided not to. Finally for consistency's sake, since I couldn't have A+/A++ it made no sense for me to put in S+/S++.
all right, cool.
not a major problem anyways :)
ziin

Xiaounlimited wrote:

On a side note, here is an LED slider ball for you since you're using it for your map:
I was thinking about storyboarding in the various hitcircles, but that's for another another day and another map.

When you touch the screen in technika, you get a blue circle of sorts, which is what I tried to replicate.
comvir
very good!applause........
LesTrucsRoses
:o
NoHitter
Is it me or is the combo number 1 a bit off center :/
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

NoHItter wrote:

Is it me or is the combo number 1 a bit off center :/
The dimensions of the image are exactly the size of the number and outer glow. As a result, the stem of the 1 is located off on the right, creating a visual imbalance on the circle. It is not off center; your eyes are just perceiving it as such.

Quite frankly, I don't really care to fix it because 5 pixels is not worth a reupload and it looks fine after 10+
show more