forum

Screwing up scores (scores you wish you didn't set)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheAngryNerd101
Context: I HATE getting scores below 97% acc in my top plays.

Don't you hate it when you set a score on some random map but you're left extremely unsatisfied with it due to poor accuracy or other factors? You think to yourself "How do I unsubmit a score?"

Anyways, my top plays now has a DISGUSTING STAIN on it, a 96.64% on Tenshi Kourin. Sure it helped me get into top 25k but GODDAMN I HATE this score! After setting it on accident, I tried to fix it but to no avail because of my severe case of skill issue. What about you guys?
Kaaruumii
yep tried getting a better score on galaxy collapse ht everything about the score was better but it technically was worse than a previous score somehow and now im sad
Stomiks
I used to have a top play of triumph and regret. The second I set the score I felt so dirty and disgusting. Now I just try to avoid setting ez pp scores.
Topic Starter
TheAngryNerd101

MFGSTC wrote:

yep tried getting a better score on galaxy collapse ht everything about the score was better but it technically was worse than a previous score somehow and now im sad
I had something similar happen to me with Haunted (dive to the heart remix) when I DT'd the Hard diff.

Trash score:

Good score that's objectively better in every conceivable way but somehow lost to the trash score:

The score that managed to be good enough to surpass the trash score:
Kaaruumii

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

I had something similar happen to me with Haunted (dive to the heart remix) when I DT'd the Hard diff.

Trash score:

Good score that's objectively better in every conceivable way but somehow lost to the trash score:

The score that managed to be good enough to surpass the trash score:
better
worse
Im probably just gonna play speedjack maps and come back to it in a week lmao
Hoshimegu Mio
scores/mania/510797526

I had a 95.4% on this but now it’s gone. Probably lost like 50pp from this one score after the rework.
Kaaruumii

YyottaCat wrote:

scores/mania/510797526

I had a 95.4% on this but now it’s gone. Probably lost like 50pp from this one score after the rework.
im pretty sure the rework only affected std and taiko
pofnkul
this is quite literally me everytime i set a ranked score a drop below 98% profile acc as at this point i kinda got attached to it after people kept on calling me an acc player cuz of it so whenever i set some high pp low acc play and have to regrind the profile accuracy it's just suffering
Stomiks

pofnkul wrote:

this is quite literally me everytime i set a ranked score a drop below 98% profile acc as at this point i kinda got attached to it after people kept on calling me an acc player cuz of it so whenever i set some high pp low acc play and have to regrind the profile accuracy it's just suffering
That's literally me too lol
Topic Starter
TheAngryNerd101

Stomiks wrote:

pofnkul wrote:

That's literally me too lol
Oh yeah, that's another reason why it frustrates me. For a while I had 98 overall acc until setting a few low 97 scores. I was on my way to regaining it after massively improving my Blue Dragon score (99% woo) but then I got 96.64% on Tenshi Kourin and it brought it down again XC
Jacques Chirac
tanaka last note choke, I don't even like this map bruh why
AstalFanBoy
I've never thought of this topic overall. Sure I've had scores I regret at the time but when I look back at them I always see them as something I can improve. I still see my scores like this as we need to do charts for a reason right? Even with our bad acc plays we need to see it as a thing we can improve. Wether it be a pp farm or not I think it's better to just look at it as something to improve. Might just be me tho :)
B0ii

Now this would've been a good score, if it wasn't for that hard part near the end of the song...

bananahira

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

Context: I HATE getting scores below 97% acc in my top plays.

Don't you hate it when you set a score on some random map but you're left extremely unsatisfied with it due to poor accuracy or other factors? You think to yourself "How do I unsubmit a score?"

Anyways, my top plays now has a DISGUSTING STAIN on it, a 96.64% on Tenshi Kourin. Sure it helped me get into top 25k but GODDAMN I HATE this score! After setting it on accident, I tried to fix it but to no avail because of my severe case of skill issue. What about you guys?
im starting to regret doing Blue Zenith #0000FF, bro, the S is straight up impossible, no matter how much i try it every skillboost
AstalFanBoy
well it's a bit of an LN map so maybe try some hybrid maps? You could always try mirror or random
UltraBlack
I wish i didn't submitted any of my farm top plays, this way i could achieve my own top plays on dt maps and so
Gamesnake7

Znow wrote:

well it's a bit of an LN map so maybe try some hybrid maps? You could always try mirror or random
The two drops are literally full LN though you need to play different types of maps (i.e. inverse maps)
AstalFanBoy

Gamesnake7 wrote:

you need to play different types of maps (i.e. inverse maps)
well hybrid contains these types of patterns too, hybrid is just good for overall