forum

Pokemon Move: Ohsu Regional Games

posted
Total Posts

Look at page 5 for an update with a question.

Thanks! I posted my answer.
16.67%
I'm not going to vote.
33.33%
ok.
50.00%
Total votes: 6
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
I just got some inspiration in writing a story based on my time here at osu! It is early, so I want to point out that personalities and traits will probably be generic and inaccurate. The more I stay here, and the more people I meet and talk to, the better it'll get. I'm confident that I can be a part of this community, and I really hope to support osu! as it gains popularity. Stories like this will recognize those that come and go for better or worse.

I have a short character list already, and it'll keep on growing. One thing I note is that if you're marked but not yet introduced, don't worry about your image. I've never written negatively about a person in these stories, even if I don't like them. Unless you're obviously someone the entire forum can't stand (and probably banned) yet still had some impact on my experience in this community, you won't be introduced negatively.

Here is the premiere chapter for this (currently) long running and maybe never ending story. The first part is technically the prologue, and the story will continue onwards from there.

Edit: This is the story I posted before that inspired me to do this. It was wastelanded for having been separated into another thread, so in respect to that I'll post it here. It's titled:

Pokemon Ultima: Stepmania League

Without further ado,

Pokemon Move: Ohsu Regional Games

by ddrXero64

Character Cast

Pokemon Trainer (Protagonist) - Xero
Pokemon Gym Leader (Dark Type) - Omega
Security Guard - aevv
Mysterious Scientist - peppy
Pokemon Breeder - Medi-Chan
Pokemon Trainer - Vash
Pokemon Tamer - numot123
Pokemon Dancer - Rantai
Pokemon Coordinator - Starrodkirby86
Gar Trainer (Protagonist) - Quaraezha
Regional Manager - ztrot
Pokemon Cosplayer - Pokebis
Euro Raver - Danzai
Biker Chick - E-Hooker
Lodge Janitor - Vext
Pokemon Ranger - animask
Pokemon Musician - BakaloidSky
Pokemon Trainer (Protagonist) - Kitsunemimi

Seems like I went past the 60,000 character limit by trying to add my previous Stepmania League story. I'll be hosting my stories on my old fan fiction account, just click the story title and it'll link you to a an easy to use site where you can read my stories neatly by chapter.
Cuddlebun
hnnnnuuurrrrghhhhhhh

no
DeathxShinigami
Pumping out posts like this nnnnnrrrrrrrgggghhhhh

GOD DAMMIT WHY AM I INCLUDED
Pokebis
Make Cuddlebun a Jynx.
Claudia_old
Why am I a dude? Otherwise, i'm down with this.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

E-Hooker wrote:

Why am I a dude? Otherwise, i'm down with this.
I don't know genders on the forum, I can't seem to check out chicks over the internet, at least not on forums. I'll change that for you.

Cuddlebun is the Old Geezer, I just came back from the Pokemon Stepmania post.

I wrote this right after I edited my post in the other story thread, I wrote this in about 40 minutes without stopping or going back. Then I went back and fixed any minor spelling errors, and capitalized stuff I may have forgotten. This is stuff I do when I'm bored, when I actually become committed I pump out a lot more.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Pumping out posts like this nnnnnrrrrrrrgggghhhhh

GOD DAMMIT WHY AM I INCLUDED
Because you're opinionated and loud on these forums. The loudest people are the people I get to know first, so it only makes sense. Don't worry, I won't be making any negative references.
Sinistro
Cuddlebun is a girl as well- her signature offers some clues, I guess.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Sinistro wrote:

Cuddlebun is a girl as well- her signature offers some clues, I guess.
Fixed. I also changed her to Second Rate Daycare Lady. I have no clue how quick I'll get to people, and I have no idea what the next chapter is. I just write what comes off the top of the head, which is why this story will literally represent forum activity on a day to day basis. Whatever the forum is doing, you'll see it in this story. I don't even know myself what Second Rate Daycare Lady is, but I'll find a way to include her.

Edit: Everyone is a human, and they'll have at least one pokemon who represents them. First off, don't ask for your pokemon if you're on the list. I won't make anyone look bad, but I usually write on how I view people. So if your name is there, but you're not introduced yet, you won't have a pokemon. When the time comes I'll think of one.

Yes, Cuddlebun will have a Jynx. That is confirmed.
DeathxShinigami
No seriously take me out. I don't like someone using my forum name without permission. And I am not giving you my permission.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

DeathxShinigami wrote:

No seriously take me out. I don't like someone using my forum name without permission. And I am not giving you my permission.
No problem. You're out of the story.
Danzai_old
Well, change him with me. I'm more than happy to join this :D
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
No problem, added you.

Holy crap I postwhored the hell out of this page. From now on, I'll be posting significant updates, I really don't want to whore this thread more than I already did, wow.
Cuddlebun
do not want to be in this shitfest of a failure
Loginer
Could someone please derail this thread or something? I desperately want a reason to wasteland it.
Sinistro
Maybe Forum Games is more appropriate for it...?

Some people seem to be legitimately interested in this right now, so I guess it stays.
Sleep Powder
I want to be a Pokemon Ranger~

They own soooo bad. They could destroy a pokemon if they wanted to. They can break boulders and just tear up shiz.
Pokebis
Requesting E-Hooker and Cuddlebun to be put back in.
I'll be offended if you don't.
Kitsunemimi
Oh wow I totally didn't expect that when I clicked the spoiler box xD

Would finish if it weren't so late, I'll just read it tomorrow.
Kokizi

ddrXero64 wrote:

Cool Trainer - Quaraezha
it should be Gar Trainer, believe me
Starrodkirby86
Oh, neato ~

What really gives me some minor cringes is how sometimes the dialogue gives some sort of inconsistency with its punctuation, or lack thereof in this case. I guess that's the same bit with the other fan fiction, but regardless!

Whenever I'm included in there, Xero, feel free to call me Kirby, SRK, or Starrod to make things easier on you. ;)
Quaraezha

ddrXero64 wrote:

Cool Trainer - Quaraezha
It's funny 'cause my name was derived from the Pokemon "Rayquaza"

Also, this

BakaloidSky wrote:

Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Chapter 1 is up. I like to put chapters into sections, and sometimes mini trilogies. But these sections have no set amount of chapters, so I'll just label them as parts. Each part has a common theme, or something to build towards. I have an idea for now, so it's going to be called the Ohsu Thrashers.

Sinistro wrote:

Maybe Forum Games is more appropriate for it...
To be honest, it really isn't a game. But since it's here, I might as well make it more community involved. This is going to restrict my writing a lot, but I think I'll try it out. My first time doing this, so I'll think of some ways to involve people more. Mini polls, etc. Remember though, this story revolves around the community. Just post like you usually do, and be yourself. I tend to pull random stuff out of what's happening and sneak it into the story.

There a lot of hidden references, which is the fun part for me. Muziek is Dutch for music, so it's safe to assume this region is in Europe. Because of this, I mentioned a passport in Chapter 1. That's why I would need one. Ohsu is self explanatory. Another reference was the clock on the boat. If you guys remember the Kanto region, you'll remember how sleeping on the cruise ship would make the ship arrive at its destination in the game. I poked fun at this by going to sleep and waking up two minutes later at the region. 4chan Foods was an obvious reference, and the name of the city (Vocarock City) gives a hint that the region has a lot of musical foundation. Furret is my favorite pokemon, just so you know. The point is if you spot something that you wonder was put there intentionally, ask. It most likely was, the point of these stories is to put the community in it.

animask wrote:

I want to be a Pokemon Ranger~

They own soooo bad. They could destroy a pokemon if they wanted to. They can break boulders and just tear up shiz.
Done, but don't expect to jump into the story quickly. I'm trying to introduce people quickly, but I'm used to introducing 1-2 people at a time. But yea, good stuff.

Pokebis wrote:

Requesting E-Hooker and Cuddlebun to be put back in.
I'll be offended if you don't.
They seem to be getting more offended than you. I don't need any other drama here, so I took them out. If they really are bothered, they don't need to be in it. I'm not here to start some forum drama.

Edit: E-Hooker is fine, I think it was DeathxShinigami that had a problem. Cuddlebun was taken out too, and won't be put in by request. E-Hooker is in though, can't wait to introduce her. :P

BakaloidSky wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

Cool Trainer - Quaraezha
...fine lol. I'll go back and fix it. Don't even know what Gar means..? Sense of humor, psh. :P

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Oh, neato ~

What really gives me some minor cringes is how sometimes the dialogue gives some sort of inconsistency with its punctuation, or lack thereof in this case. I guess that's the same bit with the other fan fiction, but regardless!

Whenever I'm included in there, Xero, feel free to call me Kirby, SRK, or Starrod to make things easier on you. ;)
Perfect, it's hard using usernames with a lowercase letter too. I think I'll be capitalizing names like that only if they're at the beginning of the sentence, like numot. Every other time it will be lowercase to keep it consistent with the forum. If you want a nickname or prefer me to call you something else, let me know. Genders would be nice to know as well, because I don't know many people. I'll assume a male gender for anyone I don't really know in that sense.

As for the grammar, I type these in notepad. That being said, it's hard for me to proofread there. But when I post the story I read it over and over. I read the prologue 3 times already, and edited it 10+ times to fix minor mistakes. I just edited it an hour ago because I saw that Chapter 1 inside the spoiler box wasn't bold. If you see any mistakes, let me know. I'll fix it, I'm a bit of a grammar and spelling nazi, so I don't take offense at all.

Wow...I think that's it. Gotta go to work soon, but enjoy Chapter 1. I wrote it just now because I was bored :P

Quaraezha wrote:

It's funny 'cause my name was derived from the Pokemon "Rayquaza"
lol good thing I read this before I made the first chapter XD
Pokebis

ddrXero64 wrote:

I type these in notepad
But why?
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Pokebis wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

I type these in notepad
But why?
Something I've done for a long time. I have access to a lot of info easily that way. When I was handling money at my old site, I had like 10 different secure sites with account info and things like that. I have so much info and documents I write it keeps me organized. I have work schedules, video links I need, image links for my stories, to do lists, and a lot more. Let me get a pic...

(5 minutes later)

There you go. This is only the "pkmn story" portion of my notepad documents. But I have a LOT of other stuff, some confidential, some for my personal life, others that I could probably delete. I've been keeping records of things for a long time, it's a habit I picked up from a friend I made on SMO a long time ago.
Mashley
You type too much
show more