forum

Nightcore mod [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Neo Adonis

Gens wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13269

hoho
Thanks so much, Gens!! :)
Derekku

Gens wrote:

hoho
I thought I had seen this request before. Officially denying. :P
Shohei Ohtani
He mentioned he wanted to make it chipmunkified and crap.

This is to make it god damn nightcore.
Gens
Nightcore is chipmunks with anime and techno.
ouranhshc

Gens wrote:

Nightcore is chipmunks with anime and techno.
No wonder Jericho has been so pissed lately
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Gens wrote:

hoho
I thought I had seen this request before. Officially denying. :P
They are different requests under different circumstances. Similar concept =/= same request.

For one thing, Nightcore is not 'chipmunkified'. 'Chipmunkified' was a really really stupid stupid term and request. This is to reduce the amount of Nightcore maps. Though it probably wouldn't.

Second, Nightcore was not popular at the time nor big in the osu! community. It's well over a year later, and Nightcore is very popular now.

The request back then did not have any support because no one got it or saw the appeal. However, now that lots of osu! users crave a higher speed along with a higher pitch (otherwise Nightcore wouldn't be so damn popular here), it could very well be worth it. As shown by all the support in this thread as opposed to the old one.

Different requests, different circumstances. You're just denying it because you don't like Nightcore and you know it. >:(

P.S. I don't really give a damn either way (that last sentence wasn't serious), but I might as well go for it for if it'll reduce the amount of Nightcore maps. Plus this mod would be fun to play with IMO.
LuigiHann
They are the same request, though. The request is to have an option where the doubletime mod increases the pitch of the song. Same request in both threads.

It's kind of a funny idea, if only because then you could play nightcore maps with nightcore mod and it'd be quadruple-high-pitched and everyone's ears would die.

Still, not really worth adding
mm201
I'm still thinking about this for the lulz. The techno beat would be a must but could be easily extrapolated from the timing. Pick one of 30 or so random anime backdrops.
Lilac
Werp.
mm201
Dammit, now that you've said it...
Zekira
It's kind of a funny idea, if only because then you could play nightcore maps with nightcore mod and it'd be quadruple-high-pitched and everyone's ears would die.
Lol, someone try that plz
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Also you could play nightcore maps with halftime and it would feel almost normal
ouranhshc
I actually want to map nightcore now.
Xgor
Ohohoho
Jarby
I want this to be a permanent addition yo
YukuZetsuji

Jarby wrote:

Seconded
SapphireGhost
Destiny has been forewarned.
orangeto129
OoOoOoO YES! This is such a good idea!! If they put this in, I'll probably use it all the time. XD
Kitsunemimi
You're in the wrong thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49742
Aoitenshi

otakuron wrote:

Jarby wrote:

Seconded
I third that.
Gens
This is to avoid anymore useless bumps. Go to that thread Kitsune linked to.

You all know how this is going to end anyway.