forum

Nightcore mod [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
SPOILER
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : How to stop Nightcore maps being made: Make Doubletime increase the pitch, rename it Nightcore
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : mod
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : Voila
14:07 <Jarby> : Oh my god RandomJibberish.
14:08 <Jarby> : Feature request now
14:08 <RandomJibberish> : What
14:08 <RandomJibberish> : Oh that nightcore thing
14:09 <RandomJibberish> : The mod should also switch the bg to some random anime girl
14:09 <Jarby> : I can actually see this being implemented...
14:09 <Jarby> : But what if we Nightcore a Nightcore map?
14:10 <RandomJibberish> : That's how to asplode someone's brain
14:10 <Jarby> : Half time would be fun if it lowered pitch
14:10 <Jarby> : There should be a checkbox when you select those two mods, actually.
14:10 <Jarby> : Just for fun
14:10 <RandomJibberish> : Lol
14:10 <Jarby> : Now that actually sounds pretty cool

Basically add a checkbox when selecting doubletime that ups the pitch too

It's a simple way of stopping nightcore maps being made as you can map the original, for most people to play, and Nightcoreify it if you're... into that sort of thing

This also doesn't really let you have the random anime girl background which never made any sense anyway
Jarby
A similar option would be fun for lowering the pitch on half time. Of course, I support this feature.
awp

RandomJibberish wrote:

SPOILER
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : How to stop Nightcore maps being made: Make Doubletime increase the pitch, rename it Nightcore
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : mod
13:11 <RandomJibberish> : Voila
14:07 <Jarby> : Oh my god RandomJibberish.
14:08 <Jarby> : Feature request now
14:08 <RandomJibberish> : What
14:08 <RandomJibberish> : Oh that nightcore thing
14:09 <RandomJibberish> : The mod should also switch the bg to some random anime girl
14:09 <Jarby> : I can actually see this being implemented...
14:09 <Jarby> : But what if we Nightcore a Nightcore map?
14:10 <RandomJibberish> : That's how to asplode someone's brain
14:10 <Jarby> : Half time would be fun if it lowered pitch
14:10 <Jarby> : There should be a checkbox when you select those two mods, actually.
14:10 <Jarby> : Just for fun
14:10 <RandomJibberish> : Lol
14:10 <Jarby> : Now that actually sounds pretty cool

Basically add a checkbox when selecting doubletime that ups the pitch too

It's a simple way of stopping nightcore maps being made as you can map the original, for most people to play, and Nightcoreify it if you're... into that sort of thing

This also doesn't really let you have the random anime girl background which never made any sense anyway
This should also add a "BOOM tsst BOOM tsst BOOM tsst BOOM tsst" in accordance to the BPM to complete the feeling.
Rukario
This request feels like a big joke against me.
Oh well, I can't really say it's bad idea but bah whatever.
+1
NotShinta
naaaah songs should stay one pitch trufax
TKiller
This should also add a "BOOM tsst BOOM tsst BOOM tsst BOOM tsst" in accordance to the BPM to complete the feeling.
yes :D

heck, this really sounds funny. I'm not much of a nightcore remixes fan, but this would funny to do from time to time.
Shiro
I support for all the hilarious moments I'll pass if it gets implemented.
Neo Adonis
T_T

NO SUPPORT!!
Krisom
high pitched and nightcored miku....

...hell yes!
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish

Rukarioman wrote:

This request feels like a big joke against me.
Not intentionally but now that you mention it
Mismagius
I want to nightcore instrumental songs xD

Support, lol.
Firo Prochainezo
Support. 8-)
Derekku
fffff you guys are killing me D:<
TKiller

Derekku wrote:

fffff you guys are killing me D:<
oh come on
Galkan
It's a joke, right?
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
No actually, I would love it if nightcore maps became redundant

I don't expect it to get added though since it is fairly useless apart from that
Claudia_old
please please please oh please please please

...+1
Ekaru
This would lead to some extremely fun times. I support this idea, assuming it's possible.
ouranhshc
nope. its a stupid request.
James2250
I am just going to assume this is a joke~
Gens
Neo Adonis

Gens wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13269

hoho
Thanks so much, Gens!! :)
Derekku

Gens wrote:

hoho
I thought I had seen this request before. Officially denying. :P
Shohei Ohtani
He mentioned he wanted to make it chipmunkified and crap.

This is to make it god damn nightcore.
Gens
Nightcore is chipmunks with anime and techno.
ouranhshc

Gens wrote:

Nightcore is chipmunks with anime and techno.
No wonder Jericho has been so pissed lately
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Gens wrote:

hoho
I thought I had seen this request before. Officially denying. :P
They are different requests under different circumstances. Similar concept =/= same request.

For one thing, Nightcore is not 'chipmunkified'. 'Chipmunkified' was a really really stupid stupid term and request. This is to reduce the amount of Nightcore maps. Though it probably wouldn't.

Second, Nightcore was not popular at the time nor big in the osu! community. It's well over a year later, and Nightcore is very popular now.

The request back then did not have any support because no one got it or saw the appeal. However, now that lots of osu! users crave a higher speed along with a higher pitch (otherwise Nightcore wouldn't be so damn popular here), it could very well be worth it. As shown by all the support in this thread as opposed to the old one.

Different requests, different circumstances. You're just denying it because you don't like Nightcore and you know it. >:(

P.S. I don't really give a damn either way (that last sentence wasn't serious), but I might as well go for it for if it'll reduce the amount of Nightcore maps. Plus this mod would be fun to play with IMO.
LuigiHann
They are the same request, though. The request is to have an option where the doubletime mod increases the pitch of the song. Same request in both threads.

It's kind of a funny idea, if only because then you could play nightcore maps with nightcore mod and it'd be quadruple-high-pitched and everyone's ears would die.

Still, not really worth adding
mm201
I'm still thinking about this for the lulz. The techno beat would be a must but could be easily extrapolated from the timing. Pick one of 30 or so random anime backdrops.
Lilac
Werp.
mm201
Dammit, now that you've said it...
Zekira
It's kind of a funny idea, if only because then you could play nightcore maps with nightcore mod and it'd be quadruple-high-pitched and everyone's ears would die.
Lol, someone try that plz
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Also you could play nightcore maps with halftime and it would feel almost normal
show more