forum

Storyboard Editor Guide/Tips

posted
Total Posts
show more
LuigiHann
All these maps have storyboards: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0 ... 0&g=0&sb=1

Not all of them make much use of the good/bad structure, in fact, I think most don't use it at all. Also worth noting that the DS games have 3 "layers" (bad, normal, and good) where osu PC only has 2 layers (bad and good).
Yes_old
Hi! After I add a storyboard image and edit something in Design Tab, do I have to save it in some kind of special way? ,_,"

I uploaded the image with my pending beatmap and my friend says that he doesn't see the storyboard on the beatmap but the image file is in his song folder. I can see the storyboard on my screen though. o-o Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, too. x_x
Starrodkirby86
Tell him to redownload the beatmap, if he hasn't yet. He may need to get an updated version of the .osb .

You usually save it the regular method. Just make sure the images in the Storyboard are there the whole time (Like you have the fade set to 1 (solid) throughout whatever) :P
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Vanmonky
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86

VanMoNky wrote:

I think, the FAQs are really really incomplete. It doesn't look like a FAQ. Besides explanation about the function, we need the instructions about how to use them like the other beatmappers usually do. Err.. I can explain more far from here.. I can't explain it straight by english..
Why not look into the scripters' code and see what's up in there? o:

Also, the storyboarding has only a finite amount of commands you can pull. You can assume that 'something' like this was made through 'these certain commands' and then you can emulate it. (For example, a pulse like effect might be formed through a Fade, Scale, and Move [Depending on origin point?]).

In my opinion, you should learn the how-tos of Storyboarding in the user friendly editor here. This thread really helps.

After you learn how to do some things in the editor, look in the .osb and see the code and try learning it for yourself. :)
Equivalent_old
I am pretty much guessing most of all know what is strobing already

Connection of strobe light and Epilepsy

Strobe lighting can trigger seizures in photosensitive epilepsy.

The British Health and Safety Executive recommend that a net flash rate for a bank of strobe lights does not exceed 5 flashes per second, at which only 5% of photosensitive epileptics are at risk. It also recommends that no strobing effect continue for more than 30 seconds, due to the potential for discomfort and disorientation.

A related condition is the Bucha effect or Flicker vertigo. Without going as far as epilepsy, after exposure to stroboscopic light the victims feel dizzy, disorientated and debilitated.

Just a quick research on strobe and epilepsy but useful before you start making a strobe
jonmaku_025
question! :)

how do you change your background image? what I mean is not going to the storyboard and not scaling it and centering it manually

just like dragging the pictures, but dragging pictures changes the whole background until the end of the song.

do i put it on the background layer?
ziin

jonmaku_025 wrote:

question! :)

how do you change your background image? what I mean is not going to the storyboard and not scaling it and centering it manually

just like dragging the pictures, but dragging pictures changes the whole background until the end of the song.

do i put it on the background layer?
to change the background, just put in a new background. if you want to change midsong, then do that by putting the original background into the storyboard (in the background layer) and put the new background also in the background and fade the old background out.
AngelTerrific98
I have a problem with the beatmap I created. Every time i go to catch the beat mode. The fruits just keeps stacking up on the catcher. How do I let the catcher clear after a few fruits get on it?
Breeze

AngelTerrific98 wrote:

I have a problem with the beatmap I created. Every time i go to catch the beat mode. The fruits just keeps stacking up on the catcher. How do I let the catcher clear after a few fruits get on it?
New combo
Hookgayo
How do you start a new difficulty to a song? :?
Breeze

GottaLoveDomo wrote:

How do you start a new difficulty to a song? :?
File -> Save as new difficulty

BTW these kind of questions should be posted in General Questions

This topic is for SBE
Kaitonyan
Hmmm... Trying to find the best way to explain and ask my question, but ummm... How can I put layers above the background layer (In the foreground layer)? I put it in the foreground layer, but I can't find any way to set the timing that it appears and disappears, or even set it to appear in the storyboard... I want to put subtitles to the song in my storyboard's foreground... Sorry if it's a dumb question... TwT Thanks in advance! :3
alex_98

Kaitonyan wrote:

Hmmm... Trying to find the best way to explain and ask my question, but ummm... How can I put layers above the background layer (In the foreground layer)? I put it in the foreground layer, but I can't find any way to set the timing that it appears and disappears, or even set it to appear in the storyboard... I want to put subtitles to the song in my storyboard's foreground... Sorry if it's a dumb question... TwT Thanks in advance! :3
On the left side, you have to click on "[ ]Foreground" to let the layer on display so that it shows "[■]Foreground"
snowflakepixie
I accidentally put the hit circle sprite as an object in the foreground, how do I get rid of it?
those
Left click an object and press your Delete key on your keyboard.
Infevo
I have some trouble with my storyboard.

1. Whenever I use vector scaling on a sprite in my board it doesnt seem to remember the scaling properly. So sometimes my images scale back to original size randomly
2. Whenever I use horizontally flipped sprites and want to vector scale them after wards they do a perfectly fluid flip animation during the scale time -.-
3. does the order of commands in the osb matter? is it possible that the order in the osb gets messed up from using the storyboard/design editor and due causes issues. like when i scale an image to its correct size at a later point of time in the timeline I of course assume this is gonna be scaled for to this set size for the whole displayed duration. but when the scaling command appears later in the list can this cause unexpected results?
NexusK2
How can I the whole storyboard?
joelin55667
I am only trying to add an image when I accidentally clicked it from the sprites library. That made everything go downhill, now I can't delete the sprites, nor add new images and now my whole map is blank, someone plz help. :( :( :(
NaxzedYT

ToRMeNToR_84 wrote:

Its ok, I answered my own question by searching for a few minutes. If anyone is interested, You can use Ulead Gif Animator. Forgot I had that program in my stuff.

Thanks anyways.
That still isn't a good software to use use an easy gif animator tool like Pivot, though it's mainly for stick animations.
NaxzedYT
CAN SOMEONNE HELP WHENEVER I MAKE A FADE KEYFRAME FOR FLASH IT JUST MAKES IT APPEAR AT THAT KEYFRAME