forum

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
Varqaaa
glad to see Promethean Kings brought this back

Monstrata I'll be honest this is unironically my favorite map you've ever made by a pretty large margin, best of luck with rank
Foxy Grandpa
Best of luck on this monstrata!

Hopefully it'll go well now that we have a 9* ranked
apple_muncher4
i really want this ranked
Shiguri
why are you doing this
riktoi
that sure is one huge dose of mods to respond to

Chewy-san wrote:

-himei wrote:

please no
please yes
Oh Yes
Arphimigon
Thanks for bringing this back.
Wish the best of luck, hope it pleases everyone (or at least more than before).

(ps: I like ar9.7 because I can see more of the aesthetics, and that is a key factor in the map \ o /
also patterns play more into the playing of the map here rather than individual notes, so lower AR helps in that case)
fastmarkus
Good luck on trying to get this ranked, it's an ugly beautiful map (if that makes sense)!

The only thing which bothers me is the fact that there should be a complete mapset for this one (come on, it would make a lot of people happy/happier!), since the song is shorter than 5 minutes, even though the current map is not. I read the discussion before, but I believe if this gets a free pass, it will show few flaws on the ranking system.

But I really mean good luck! It would be lovely watching high ranked players play this one :D
7ambda

fastmarkus wrote:

Good luck on trying to get this ranked, it's an ugly beautiful map (if that makes sense)!

The only thing which bothers me is the fact that there should be a complete mapset for this one (come on, it would make a lot of people happy/happier!), since the song is shorter than 5 minutes, even though the current map is not. I read the discussion before, but I believe if this gets a free pass, it will show few flaws on the ranking system.

But I really mean good luck! It would be lovely watching high ranked players play this one :D
There are two long spinners not counted in the drain time.
Weriko
rank it, p l e a s e
SnowNiNo_

Monstrata wrote:

Pretty Ugly
-Atri-
Where's the Fycho style back and fourth jumps
Ashton
the diff name is: Stop! Stop winny upload!!

when the vocalists would say: Stop Stop! Winny upload!!

(exclamation after both stops, not just the first one)
rock time
inferno: ranked
hai tai: ranked
promethean kings: ranked

just rank alien already fck
Sorafu_old_1

Whirl wrote:

Literally unplayable
Mint

Whirl wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwT5JlH8gM , around ~3:37 you can see the lyrics (keep in mind this is the official video), it seems it's supposed to be this way.
Joe Castle
O shit, he doin it again
laura-
hey monstrata, i don't really like the spinners at the beginning. did u think about a long ugly slider?
a heart would be funny i think. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6307496
VINXIS
^ i agre

but mak it mor resembling to a heart cuz tht doesnt look lik a heart at all despite the efforts 2 make it look ugly Lol
laura-
yeah that was just an example
Vivyanne

Monstrata wrote:

Pretty Ugly
Mismagius
00:58:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why is this symmetric? Everyone knows symmetry is beautiful, so this doesn't apply to the concept of the map. Move one of the notes 1 grid left so it's not symmetrical anymore.
01:24:577 (2,3,4,5) - Same here.
Kujinn

Monstrata wrote:

Pretty Ugly
edit: new page hype
pimp
i'm certainly not the 1st to say that, but would be awesome if someone map only from 02:57:257 (1) - until the end

the ugly part would still count as intro, right? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/3959
laura-

pimpG wrote:

i'm certainly not the 1st to say that, but would be awesome if someone map only from 02:57:257 (1) - until the end

interesting thought, but the map you linked was made in 2009, I don't think this is possible in 2016 D:
Bara-

-Tatsuo wrote:

pimpG wrote:

interesting thought, but the map you linked was made in 2009, I don't think this is possible in 2016 D:
It is, but since the drain time will be below 5 minutes, you'll need a full spread if you want to get it ranked
Intros do not count towards the 'Map atleast 80% of the song' rule
fieryrage
04:44:784 (1) - isnt the bpm here 120 lo
Circle
Is it just me? It says drain is less than 5 minutes although actual playtime is 300.15 seconds... it says 288 seconds on editor too

https://puu.sh/rLCUm/66ff92156f.png
Lunicia
sum1 explain what a stop stop winny upload is :(
capes-

Circle wrote:

Is it just me? It says drain is less than 5 minutes although actual playtime is 300.15 seconds... it says 288 seconds on editor too
The spinners at the start and at the end don't count towards the drain time IIRC
rc fox

Xendogenesis wrote:

Pretty sure Winny is some old pirating site and they're telling you not to upload to it or something idk
C00L

Xendogenesis wrote:

it's the lyrics in the song...
Lunicia

C00L wrote:

Xendogenesis wrote:

it's the lyrics in the song...
i know it is, but what does it mean?
Joe Castle
winny is a japanese filesharing program, regulary used to share illegal stuff
Lunicia
how come whenever i enter the map in the editor all i hear is ear rape
quaternary
Is it just me, or is the timing is a little bit late starting from 03:53:600 ?

I get lots of 100s and if I play the song in the editor, it doesn't match well. Especially the reverse arrow on 04:33:754 (1) - , it sounds super late.

Edit: You might also want to use a custom sound to mute the sliderticks on 04:45:311 (1) -
Sotarks
New BNG rules.

RIP A-L-I-E-N xd
melloe
headphonewearer
03:18:650 (4,1) - fix stack lol xdxdxdx
Peydey
we're back!
show more