forum

So what's the best way to rank up now?

posted
Total Posts
show more
BlazingFX

darkmiz wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

i dont like how your pp is dependant on how other people play. if you get a top 100 rank and you drop to rank 400, or even completely out of top 500 your pp will drop, but the map is still just as hard.
This may explain why I get those sharp drops in pp, because some map score got dropped below rank 500.
^

my pp graph real pretty
boat

Azure_Kite wrote:

Pretty much.

The best way to rank up is the same as it was in the past. Play well.
Nerd the game and farm ranked score is what it used to be lol.

I like the pp system because I've gotten far to lazy to grind through all the ranked maps that exist.
Topic Starter
Zetta

Azure_Kite wrote:

Pretty much.

The best way to rank up is the same as it was in the past. Play well.

I've seena HUGE increase in people going for rank #1 on normal/hard maps.

I used to have 5-6 and now I literally have one left (which will probably get taken after this post :P) Does getting multiple rank #1's etc on the SAME song but on DIFFERENT difficulty give you PP or is it all lumped together in the same map as with ranked score?
peppy
Each difficulty can contribute separately.
boat

peppy wrote:

I didn't even think of this.

brb S'ing all diffs
Tom69_old

boat wrote:

peppy wrote:

I didn't even think of this.

brb S'ing all diffs

If only those S wouldnt end up
<- at this side of the graph.

D:
YodaSnipe
I was complaining about that the other day XD
boat

Tom94 wrote:

If only those S wouldnt end up
<- at this side of the graph.

D:
not in taiko babycakes
Mukku
I don't understand anything.

Why did I not get a single pp from these:

While I got around 5 pp just with this:
BlazingFX

Mukku wrote:

I don't understand anything.

Why did I not get a single pp from these:

While I got around 5 pp just with this:
lol I wouldn't worry about it too much, I get a lot of pp for the dumbest things
#2 on a normal map from 3 years ago --> +7
Luvdic
I have played some marathon maps lately, and they seem to give around 7 pp each...
BlazingFX
lol just now I did absolutely nothing for a day and got 3 pp
boat
Check if you still got the spots you got. If you're simply the first to play it and which is why you're in the list, then you'll lose that PP afterwards.
Marthene
Someone told me that only the maps on the current chart give you pp is that true ?
Also If i play the easymodo and normal mode maps do i get pp ? Or is it only for hard and above ?
I looked at the discription in the wiki and its confusing this whole pp thing .
XGeneral2000

Marthene wrote:

Someone told me that only the maps on the current chart give you pp is that true ?
Also If i play the easymodo and normal mode maps do i get pp ? Or is it only for hard and above ?
Any ranked/approved map can give you PP, regardless of ranking date. All difficulties will give PP, though obviously, if you've got 5000+, ranking on an Easy isn't probably going to do much. You just need to rank reasonably highly (I think peppy said in the top 500 for a score to contribute to PP, though he also said it's highly subject to change).
Marthene

XGeneral2000 wrote:

Marthene wrote:

Any ranked/approved map can give you PP, regardless of ranking date. All difficulties will give PP, though obviously, if you've got 5000+, ranking on an Easy isn't probably going to do much. You just need to rank reasonably highly (I think peppy said in the top 500 for a score to contribute to PP, though he also said it's highly subject to change).
And if its a fresh map , like came out on day X and you got in top 500 on day X , will you still get pp ?
boat
I believe it works based off the rank you got, not the rank you had, so that its not a matter of just who played it first to get that #1. You'll still keep the pp, but the amount might get reduced if you severely drop in rank on said map, and that amount will get deducted from your total.
funkyfreak

thelewa wrote:

FC'ing the hardest that you can FC is always the best way to rank up, whether in PP or ranked score
what's fc'ing :?:
Yuudachi-kun

funkyfreak wrote:

thelewa wrote:

FC'ing the hardest that you can FC is always the best way to rank up, whether in PP or ranked score
what's fc'ing :?:
???!?!?/1/!??!?!?11
TenoriRex

thelewa wrote:

what FC means?
she juke
the necromancers
SkullFull

TenoriRex wrote:

thelewa wrote:

what FC means?
FC = Full Combo

next time look at the dates thx