forum

osu! Idol [CONTEST OVER - WINNER ANNOUNCED!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Haneii

Mashley wrote:

Haneii, when do we need to prepare round 2 for?
August 20th. Scroll down, under the results table - there's more info about round 2 (I'll still send it to everyone in the form of a pm soon enough)

Edit:

Mashley wrote:

YES! Theme for next round please? :P
Who chooses the theme? Is one week enough time to find a suitable song+ learn the lyrics + practice singing it? Before I can consider this I'd like to hear more opinions (for or against theme weeks)
m980
Why would you think themes is a bad idea?

OBVIOUSLY you choose the theme (or whoever the host is)
One week is AMPLE time.
KoromoAmae
I'm against adding themes after we've already done one round. Changing the rules once is more than enough in the middle.

If you want to add themes, I'd say wait until the second osu idol, if you plan to do one. Which I would totally agree with, I just think that all the rules should be laid out ahead of time, not sprung up on the spot after we've already started. The vocal change I can accept because it definitely skewed the judges and their ability to judge, but adding themes is just a matter of taste.
Rukario
I would be for themes BUT not for osu!idol 1.
If we would make themes then we should make it from the beginning on.
Topic Starter
Haneii

KoromoAmae wrote:

If you want to add themes, I'd say wait until the second osu idol, if you plan to do one. Which I would totally agree with, I just think that all the rules should be laid out ahead of time, not sprung up on the spot after we've already started.

Rukarioman wrote:

I would be for themes BUT not for osu!idol 1.
If we would make themes then we should make it from the beginning on.

My feelings exactly. I don't want to change anything in the schedule/system in the middle of the contest. I feel like this is something the contestants should know about before they sign up.

sorry m980 and Mashley but I'm gonna have to say no to this one. I guess the first osu! idol contest will just have to settle for being "lame" :(
Powerdrone
It's not lame haha, I'm actually rather excited to see what the contestants will come up with this time! ^_^
Wojjan
Well the theme from the first time was Anything Goes.
My vote is for themes, it's more fun to see what they think of within a set of songs.
Themes can be as vague as 'must be in english you domb fucks.'
EEeee
Wooo, I'm soo in the next round ^o^
Nekoroll
<_< Sorry to say, but you're not. Only the people highlighted in orange on the results sheet scored high enough to go to round 2.
Sweagen

Wojjan wrote:

Well the theme from the first time was Anything Goes.
My vote is for themes, it's more fun to see what they think of within a set of songs.
Themes can be as vague as 'must be in english you domb fucks.'

I agree.

I think themes would be very interesting to have to work around... as long as the songs don't all have to be in Osu.

The first round was more of an 'entry thing', anyways, so now that we have our set of people who have qualified for the idol I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement themes.

There's still plenty of time if you want to change your mind, Haneii or the judges :D

Edit: I just realized there aren't any girls that submitted entries... o-o
Powerdrone
If ALL of the current contestants agree to having a theme, then sure go ahead.

Otherwise I'd say not to because it wasn't in the rules when we started.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Sweagen wrote:

Edit: I just realized there aren't any girls that submitted entries... o-o
:cry: - Ikr. I didn't know the gender for a majority of the contestants so I always had this false hope that the next submission would be a female.

Sorry Sweagan, no themes for this contest :(
Lemon Water_old
Just pretend some of the contestants are girls with sexy manly voices. ;)

...or not. =X
Rukario

Haneii wrote:

:cry: - Ikr. I didn't know the gender for a majority of the contestants so I always had this false hope that the next submission would be a female.
Name: Rukarioman
Hope you weren't expecting a girl there otherwise I am a sad panda.
Also how will this go on? after round 2 6 will remain, after round 3 will there be 3 contestants left? and will round 4 be the final round?
Topic Starter
Haneii

Rukarioman wrote:

Name: Rukarioman
Hope you weren't expecting a girl there otherwise I am a sad panda.
oops XD

Rukarioman wrote:

Also how will this go on? after round 2 6 will remain, after round 3 will there be 3 contestants left? and will round 4 be the final round?
yup you got it :D

Round 2 - 10 contestants
Round 3 - 6 contestants
Final Round - 3 contestants
Wojjan
I imagine there not being a preset way of determing the number of players dropping off.
When you're with 5 left you can practically make a round for every player dropping off.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Wojjan wrote:

I imagine there not being a preset way of determing the number of players dropping off.
When you're with 5 left you can practically make a round for every player dropping off.
First round 5 leave, next round 4, after that 3, and finally 2 - leaving us with the winner ( I didn't put any though into this system, I just needed the final round to have 3 contestants )

As for having more rounds, call me selfish, but I can't commit to this for longer than 2 months. As soon as October hits I'd probably have trouble meeting my deadlines for sending the clips to the judges, uploading them onto this thread, and adding up the results. So that's the main reason why the contest is so short (as well as why the registration period was short as well - I needed to start the contest asap). Sorry.
KoromoAmae
For songs that aren't in english, I'd recommend that the judges have the lyrics in front of them when listening. If I'm just listening to a japanese song, I sure as hell can't discern any of the words myself because I'm not a native speaker, and I imagine that the judges are in the same position. This is important to judging clarity, since if you don't know what the words are supposed to be, you can't really make a decision on whether they sound correct or not.
Topic Starter
Haneii

KoromoAmae wrote:

For songs that aren't in english, I'd recommend that the judges have the lyrics in front of them when listening. If I'm just listening to a japanese song, I sure as hell can't discern any of the words myself because I'm not a native speaker, and I imagine that the judges are in the same position. This is important to judging clarity, since if you don't know what the words are supposed to be, you can't really make a decision on whether they sound correct or not.
Hai. I don't mind sending links to lyrics along with the clips :D
Lemon Water_old
I wished I signed up, this contest looks fun.
Danneh
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I LOST D'x
dont you guys have sense for originality?!?!?! xDD

hehe great idea Haneii... i had fun =D

peace!
Powerdrone

Lemon Water wrote:

I'm totally singing next time.
Mashley

Powerdrone wrote:

Lemon Water wrote:

I'll take Drone's judge position next time if you need one ;)
Larto
By the way...

OP wrote:

Last edited by Haneii on 14 hours ago, edited 148 times in total.
o_o
Powerdrone

Mashley wrote:

Powerdrone wrote:

I'll take Drone's judge position next time if you need one ;)
I don't know, I tried singing today and I sound fine in my head but when I played the recording it was... bad... ;_;

I might just stick with judging so as not to embarrass myself <3
Topic Starter
Haneii

Larto wrote:

By the way...

OP wrote:

Last edited by Haneii on 14 hours ago, edited 148 times in total.
o_o
:oops:
Jarby

Powerdrone wrote:

I don't know, I tried singing today and I sound fine in my head but when I played the recording it was... bad... ;_;

I might just stick with judging so as not to embarrass myself <3
The key is to do that until you don't sound bad.
Hamuko
i'm into the 2nd round? orz
Rukario

Jarby wrote:

The key is to do that until you don't sound bad.
But I always sound bad recorded. orz

Teta wrote:

i'm into the 2nd round? orz
Jeffro
LMAO some of these are so lol xD

Xgor - Yellow Submarine XD Your accent is hilarious on it XD
EvianBubble
Noooo I loved the yellow submarine! XD

If there's a second one I'd love to judge / sing (no jk. I can't sing orz) XD
Powerdrone
This might help people who want to remove vocals from their audio tracks~

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/fa ... ove-vocals

(Be warned, it doesn't work with every song.)
Jarby

Powerdrone wrote:

This might help people who want to remove vocals from their audio tracks~

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/fa ... ove-vocals

(Be warned, it doesn't work with every song.)
That method removes everything that is panned to the center. In most cases, you will be removing the bass and bass drum as well as the lead vocals and perhaps other instruments used in the song. I'd only use this method as a last resort if you MUST have some kind of backing and you can't find an official instrumental.
Powerdrone
Oh. >_>
Hamuko
i lawled at above ^
Krisom
Guys, this time try to send your submissions before the deadline date, that way the judges will have more time to vote :B
Kiddo-Kun

Krisom wrote:

Guys, this time try to send your submissions before the deadline date, that way the judges will have more time to vote :B
Topic Starter
Haneii
Sadly I've only received 3 submissions so far :P
Mashley
I'll get mine ready soon.
Hamuko

Mashley wrote:

I'll get mine ready soon.
show more