show more
Topic Starter
Haneii

JarJarJacob wrote:

Okay, I'll enter. PREPARE YOURSELF.
:)

JarJarJacob wrote:

Haneii wrote:

- should polls be refreshed every 2 days so people can vote more than once?
No. Just no.
Lol okay :P
qlum
why the slot limit?
anonymous_old

qlum wrote:

why the slot limit?

Signing up for Larto.
Cuddlebun
can I submit something I already sang ;>

if so sign me up so I can be lazy the first week
Sound_old
I'm kind of ...shy.
Topic Starter
Haneii
;)

qlum wrote:

why the slot limit?
At first there wasn't really a limit, but I'm not sure how long exactly I can be committed to this. It's only me organizing everything + It's the first time I'm ever doing something like this on a forum, so I guess I just want to start out small. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too much work. Furthermore, this is just for the rest of the summer. There will be 3 rounds before a winner is declared. I really want to stick to this schedule. Increasing the number of contestants means increasing the number of people who get eliminated every- I could do this but I'd rather not (unless someone comes up with a strong argument). More contestants also means more songs to listen to every week (for voters). I'm not sure how long people are willing to listen, but I don't want it to be too long. If this all goes well I don't mind having another season every couple months (although I'd probably get someone else to organize it since I'd want to compete :P).

edit: Increased number of slots to 21 due to amount of people who want to enter :P

edit: NO LIMIT :D

strager wrote:

Signing up for Larto.
Okay

Todesengal wrote:

can I submit something I already sang ;>

if so sign me up so I can be lazy the first week
I don't see why not XD. Go for it!

Sound wrote:

I'm kind of ...shy.
awww, its okay. You can still be involved in voting/support for your favourite singer :D
Sound_old

Haneii wrote:

awww, its okay. You can still be involved in voting/support for your favourite singer :D
Okay.
aRiskOfRain
actually screw it
kiki1419
I wanna do it!
it will be fun!
aRiskOfRain

DiamondCrash wrote:

actually screw it
Roddie

Sound wrote:

I'm kind of ...shy.
Weez

Sound wrote:

I'm kind of ...shy.
this^ but IM STILL DOING IT :P
DJ Angel
i will participate per now xD i will try to get some time, i mean, i got lots of time, but i want to sing alone x.x just me and my pc XD
Danneh
Dude, count me in!!!
Sweagen
I just joined up for this site... can I be in the contest?? :lol:

I'm an okay singer but I'm still learning and finding out what the good songs on Osu! are...
KoromoAmae
Do you want people singing along with the track, or remove the original vocal line and replace it with their own?

If the former, I'm interested, if the latter, I'm still interested but someone will have to give me a tutorial on how to do it.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Sweagen wrote:

I'm an okay singer but I'm still learning and finding out what the good songs on Osu! are...
Of course you can participate. AND WELCOME TO OSU! :)
Topic Starter
Haneii

KoromoAmae wrote:

Do you want people singing along with the track, or remove the original vocal line and replace it with their own?

If the former, I'm interested, if the latter, I'm still interested but someone will have to give me a tutorial on how to do it.
I'm allowing both. Sometimes its hard to find the instrumentals/karaoke so It's okay to sing along with the track (although I could help in making and instrumental/removing the vocals ). I'll be sending extra info, regarding questions that might arise when it comes to recording, to all the contestants in a couple days :)
Touko88
Can I join too???
Topic Starter
Haneii

Touko88 wrote:

Can I join too???
yes you can :D
Sound_old
How about me?
Topic Starter
Haneii

Sound wrote:

How about me?
Did you want to join?

Sound wrote:

I'm kind of ...shy.
^^ I assumed you didn't :S. Do you want me to add you to the list?
Sweagen

Haneii wrote:

Sweagen wrote:

Of course you can participate. AND WELCOME TO OSU! :)

Woohoo thank you so much :D
Firo Prochainezo
I want to join, but my microphone doesn't work and I'm too lazy to buy a new one. D:
ouranhshc
if you only want 1 person left for the final week. you will have to have a multiple of 3 + 1
Sound_old

Haneii wrote:

Add list?
Yes because nobody is in the house atm.
Topic Starter
Haneii

meronmyon wrote:

I want to join, but my microphone doesn't work and I'm too lazy to buy a new one. D:
:( But you can still be a part of this by voting every week :D

ouranhshc wrote:

if you only want 1 person left for the final week. you will have to have a multiple of 3 + 1
Oops. Thanks I forgot. I’ll change it to 21 22...and this,children, is what happens when you rely on calculators for eveything >_<

Sound wrote:

Yes because nobody is in the house atm.
XD. Okay I’ll add you :)
ouranhshc

Haneii wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

Oops. Thanks I forgot. I’ll change it to 21 :)
22 or 19 ... 21 is divisible by 3
awp
There is, to my knowledge, only one song on osu! I can actually sing halfway decent. But I might do a second one depending on how drunk I feel when asked.

EDIT: oops sorry I forgot about Alestorm that stuff is golden too.

Double Edit: Also, one person left for the final week makes no sense. Your options are: 4 people left for the final week, and the bottom 3 are dropped, thus declaring the winner, or 3 people left, and the process is the same; whoever gets the most votes wins

If you want this to have any sort of balance you should pick a small handful of (hopefully unbiased within reason) people to judge, and these people should not be told who they are judging (ie they get the sound clip, they get the track info, but not who is submitting it). A popularity contest and a judged competition are at odds. Unlike NATIONALITY Idol the audience here is so limited that it takes little more than a submission by someone with a lot of contacts to go forward

on the other hand if this is all just a clever(ish) guise to coax people out of their shells to bust out them pipes, then bottoms up!
Powerdrone
Can I be a judge?!? =D

I promise I'll be better than Blazevoir!
Cuddlebun
I think any judge you pick will be able to pick out mine and jarjar's voice easy :B
EEeee
meow :3

also, i soo wanna hear tode sing :3
Topic Starter
Haneii

awp wrote:

Also, one person left for the final week makes no sense. Your options are: 4 people left for the final week, and the bottom 3 are dropped, thus declaring the winner, or 3 people left, and the process is the same; whoever gets the most votes wins
You're right- as soon as we get a fixed number of people registered, I'll decide on the number of people that will be eliminated each week + number of rounds for the whole competition

awp wrote:

If you want this to have any sort of balance you should pick a small handful of (hopefully unbiased within reason) people to judge, and these people should not be told who they are judging (ie they get the sound clip, they get the track info, but not who is submitting it). A popularity contest and a judged competition are at odds. Unlike NATIONALITY Idol the audience here is so limited that it takes little more than a submission by someone with a lot of contacts to go forward
I really like this idea - this way I can make the number of people registering unlimited and the judges can decide who moves on for the first couple of weeks. Then when we get to the final...10-15?....I can open the polls and let the osu! community vote to keep their favourite in the competition.

Powerdrone311 wrote:

Can I be a judge?!? =D
Yes you may.
I’ll take on 2 more. ANYONE ELSE WANT TO BE A JUDGE?

edit: Krisom, DiamondCrash, Poweddrone311 and dtk shall be the 4 judges ( I can't judge since I'll be handling the sound clips and know who is who)
Krisom
I'd like to be a judge, since I can't get a good microphone <_<
(and tode, I have never heard you neither JarJar sing, heck, I have not heard anyone sing from osu!)
aRiskOfRain
I'll judge~
Kiddo-Kun
O_o I thought I already signed up to Judge.......
Danneh
Yo dude, i think ur allright with the timezone... Just use yours ;-)
People have a week to vote, so that should be enough ^_^

hope it helped !
Topic Starter
Haneii

Death_the_kid wrote:

O_o I thought I already signed up to Judge.......
Sorry you're right I did tell you if there would be judges you'd be one. Okay 4 judges it is then.

PLEASE, NO MORE REQUESTS TO BE JUDGE

Danny9513 wrote:

Yo dude, i think ur allright with the timezone... Just use yours ;-)
People have a week to vote, so that should be enough ^_^

hope it helped !
Okay, thx
Hyguys
Cool but my voice is stupid , i sing like an kid
loser101_old

Hyguys123123132 wrote:

Cool but my voice is stupid , i sing like an kid
It's ok just sing
if anyone laffs at least you tried
right
show more