forum

[duplicate] revert beatmap updates

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
this is mainly a feature for mappers. but i think i can speak for many people when you've recently made alot of changes to your beatmap and then you click "update" by accident without uploading ur map first...
Endaris
I think if it's your own set you get some confirmation message already.
For guest difficulties it doesn't look so cool, but hm, try to be careful I guess?
Bara-
Quite sure it's a dupe, though the closest I could find was this
Pawsu
Bara-
Good catch ^_^
XinCrin

Endaris wrote:

I think if it's your own set you get some confirmation message already.
Bara-
Not for GD's, maybe just work for that?
Endaris
Thinking about it, it should certainly be possible to create a local backup upon pressing the save-button to distinguish own edits from maps that are just not updated.
I would find it very annoying as a player if I had to confirm every single update.
Seijiro
I had in mind something like this:
If you are the owner of the map (or even GDer) send a confirmation message to the user trying to update to a old copy of the map, if you are not the owner the update will be automatically performed by the client at the start up (or something that's easy to handle, idk).
This way you can even avoid pressing "update" 4-5 times for each mapset whenever there is a new update on that map (this is more for those who mod a lot and keep track of their modded maps)
Full Tablet
Something you can do meanwhile to avoid losing work by accidentally updating a beatmap:
  1. Move the beatmap folder to a Dropbox folder.
  2. Create a symbolic link from the beatmap folder inside Dropbox to the Songs folder in osu! (that way, osu! can read the folder as if it was in the song folder, when it is actually in a Dropbox folder).
  3. Whenever a file changes, Dropbox keeps a copy of the old version of the file for ~1 month, so you can restore the files if you overwrite them with older versions.
Pawsu

Pawsu wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3954340
I would continue the conversation there as this is a duplicate...
Stefan
^ Yep.