forum

[duplicate] Add sorting beatmaps by favorite count.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Exemmar
I know that there are several topics about it, but they are all dead and in my opinion it's a small feature that could be easily implemented and can help a lot with searching for quality unranked maps and ranked as well. I mean this thing:

It's not very hard to find a nice, quality map when there are 20 or 50 of them.
The problem appears when there are hundreds or even thousands of them and most of them have 0 favorites, so downloading each of them is a time wasting blind pick especially when high percentage of these maps is made by beginner mappers which means that the map is usually low quality or not playable at all.
For ranked maps it's a little bit easier, because there is less of them, so when you type your favorite artist you get few results instead of few hundreds and if that's not enough you can still sort them by ratings, but sadly you can't rate unranked maps (this could be added too by the way).

This feature could save a lot of time for people looking for nice maps and would help the greatest maps to be noticed by more players.

p.s sorry for overusing the word "them" couldn't find a synonym.
Bara-
No
This'll only show those incredible approval maps, like Big Black, Scarlet Rose etc, and those opd maps like Pika Girl/Bad Apple which are all terrible because they're so old
Also, you said there are more threads about it
Post there, even 6 years old threads should be revived instead of making a new one
Oinari-sama
Topic Starter
Exemmar

baraatje123 wrote:

This'll only show those incredible approval maps, like Big Black, Scarlet Rose etc,
You can't find those in pending/graveyard section and that's main reason why I'd want this to be added, to easily separate bad unranked maps from these good, quality ones.

baraatje123 wrote:

Post there, even 6 years old threads should be revived instead of making a new one
I'm pretty sure if I did that they'd told me to stop digging out old posts. That's natural reaction on every forum i ever used, plus in my opinion they (users who made similar posts) used worse arguments which is quite important if you really want something to be added.

Oinari-sama wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/203162
"I know that there are several topics about it"
drum drum
we have guidelines, read them
t/1640
emphasize the

chan wrote:

Make a thorough effort to search for related requests (using the search feature). If a similar request already exists, bump or post the thread with amendments to it. Also, check the changelog to see if a request is already in the test release.