forum

[Gratz to x-treme!] osu! Community Tournament II (10K-50K)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arf
Congratulations to x-treme for winning OCT II!

Gratz to ravenheim for getting 2nd place, and agus2g for getting 3rd place!

Gratz to Miaskosi for getting 4th place as well!

Welcome to the osu! Community Tournament II!

--> OFFICIAL STREAM HERE <--

Introduction

Hello everyone! I'm rfandomization (or just Arf) of the osu! Community Tournament. Today, we finished the Grand Finals of our first OCT for rank 100k players, which means the poll for the entry rank of this tournament concluded today. As a community, you voted for a rank 10k-50k tournament, so, we are here to deliver! After many, many !join commands on the Twitch channel during OCT I, and quite a few comments asking "Where do I sign up?", we have finalized the signup pages for OCT II. Information on the signups is below, but first, some clarification on the format for OCT II, to avoid confusion.

OCT II is a 1v1 tournament, not a team tournament! We have randomized our picks for the players who signed up, and you can check for your name here! If you need to inquire about time zones, drop out, or just have general questions, you may send a PM to Ascendance, Ecliptus, or Raphalge.

Where Do I Sign Up?

SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED. Players can find out if they have been accepted here!

Rules

After lots of input, matchups are being randomized again. We're checking and editing all matchups as fast as we can, but it is possible you will have to compete against players ranked a little higher than you might like :( We apologize for any inconvenience/extreme rage this causes.

• I. Maps will be played in a 1 vs. 1 format. Each player can ban 2 maps from the pool. Maps will increase in difficulty as the tournament progresses.

II. All maps will be given a week in advance. No other maps can be chosen during the tournament (excludes warmup picks)

III. Maps must be played with the directed mods.

IV. Any disconnect will result in a forfeit of the map being played, unless the disconnect can be proven to be a Bancho error, providing a timestamp and the bancho error message on the osu! client.

V. Players will use !roll to decide who picks the first map from the pool.

VI. Maps cannot be repeated during the same match. The loser of the !roll will be the chooser of the Warmup map.

VII. Warmup map can be any map on the osu! website, provided it is less than 4 minutes. (Ranked or unranked beatmaps may be selected. The warmup map is Freemod with Double Time being selectable - it is up to the player who picks the warmup whether or not to force Double Time)

VIII. If a player is late to their game, they will have 5 minutes before the win is handed to the other player.

IX. Winner of the !roll will ban one map, then loser bans two. The winner then bans the last map. (Please have a shortlist of at least four potential bans in case your opponent bans something you were going to ban)

X. Only one mod pick from each pool may be selected (not including the freemod Tiebreaker) [So no more than one HD/DT pick per player for the match. This may be increased in later rounds.]

Tournament Dates

Registration Period: OVER

Tournament Begins: May 30th

Our matches will take place on weekends (that is, Saturday and Sunday), and around 1500 UTC. If that time is inconvenient for you for whatever reason, don't let that stop you signing up! If you are accepted into the tournament, we will do our level best to incorporate your schedule with ours, and to accommodate your timing. That said, do try your best to keep your schedule clear if you can. Inform us beforehand if you absolutely cannot. We have things we can do :D

Another friendly reminder that we WILL notify you if you are in the tournament, and if you're still not sure, check here!

Semi-finals and Finals Map Pool

Map Pool is below

ZIPPY DIPPY DOO FILE FOR SEMIS/FINALS AND GRAND FINALS MAP POOL

Grand Finals and Third Place Match Map Pool

Some clarification on the rules for this map pool:

Each player is required to pick 2 picks from this pool. Then they may use this and the pool above. You will be given 3 bans (2 for semifinal pool and 1 for this pool).

Links, and more links!

Challonge Link for Brackets
Official Stream!
Youtube ----> A MASSIVE thanks to Shinenite for this!
Twitter

Tournament Staff

Tournament Host: Ascendance
Streamers: Ben, Ecliptus and Trosk-
Commentators: rfandomization, ThreeLF, swtk, Couchsitter, Warpyc, Ben, and Ecliptus
Map Selectors: Mainly Couchsitter, torappu, -Mo-, Angusman, WORSTPOLACKEU, Warpyc, and Ascendance. But everyone chips in a little.
Map Testers: ALL OF US
Video Management: The one and only Shinenite, with some help from ThatDudeGamer
Design Team: Shoko84, Ambition, and ICantSpell - our master artistes
Miscellaneous Work: Raphalge, rfandomization, and ThreeLF
Player Verification: Raphalge, rfandomization, Ecliptus, Shoko84, and ThreeLF. This is not a job for the faint of heart!
Scheduling: Raphalge, Warpyc, Ascendance, rfandomization, and lots of input from the whole staff - this is difficult work =P. Players have an impact on this too!

If you have questions that aren't answered by this thread or our Reddit posts, contact Ascendance, Ecliptus, or Raphalge.

And lastly,
A HUGE thank you to you! Yes, you! The community made this possible, and you are a part of it. We do our best to deliver, and we hope you enjoy the stream!
Nakano Itsuki
Hype
Topic Starter
Arf

Ascendance wrote:

best tournament out there, definitely not biased
Agreed!
Kandy
Now this is something to look forward to! Been trying to take care of my arm lately with a new grip and so on, so hopes are I'll be accustomed and ready by the time (assuming I'm accepted).

Good luck to anyone else signing up!
xLePhantom
challenge accepted! lol
domSaur
i wanna join but i kinda wanna know what time will it be bec. you know.... time constraints.
Topic Starter
Arf

domSaur wrote:

i wanna join but i kinda wanna know what time will it be bec. you know.... time constraints.
Of course everyone has a schedule they need to work with. I've updated the post, but our matches will take place on weekends, usually around 1500 UTC, so try to keep your schedule free! If you can't, don't despair! We can and will do our absolute best to make sure you can play. This tournament is about giving everyone a chance, as best we can :)
Corefish
I look forward to participating
:D
Xeiiryuu
cool, thanks for making such a good event for mid rank players, I was looking forward and so excited for this upcoming event :)
[ Jg ]
Signed up! Hype!
Makan1
maybe this can help me get back my lost skill :3
-Dyames
registered success i hope hell pick meh
Trosk-
Signed ^^
- Marco -
Tournament Begins: May 30th, on 3 and 4 of June I have my exams, damm...oh well next time :'(
MeBeSleepy
Signed up. I will get rekt so hard. If I get accepted that is. Oh well! Gonna be fun either way c:
mayank0
i wont be available b/w 27th-31st may, is it posible to play the games after 31st ? if yes then i might enter
walaowey
Why not make it a 2v2 team tournament? it will be more fun ;) .. just a suggestion though :D
i think a lot of player will register for this tournament xD
Riven 2
Your next Tour will be 10 up to 3k so i can join Kappaaz
nimfa109
Lol it's the first tournament which is perfect for me :P
Celentia
Are we allowed to choose whatever map we want for warmup? The maps I would want to play are either really troll (aka Callum Machine Gun) or long (United, Eight Awesome Angles of Youtube, Hanairo Biyori, Sentimental Skyscraper)
[ Jg ]
What are the rules if you failed a song midway?
MeBeSleepy

[ Jg ] wrote:

You lose the round and your oponent gets one point.
Ayamao

Kurocho wrote:

Are we allowed to choose whatever map we want for warmup? The maps I would want to play are either really troll (aka Callum Machine Gun) or long (United, Eight Awesome Angles of Youtube, Hanairo Biyori, Sentimental Skyscraper)
The only requirement for the warmup is that it can't be too long. (~4 minutes MAX)
Topic Starter
Arf

mayank0 wrote:

i wont be available b/w 27th-31st may, is it posible to play the games after 31st ? if yes then i might enter
Our first round starts on the 30th :c and matches will be played on 31st. We can't have you missing the whole first round D=
If you could make it on even one of the days, that would work. If not, well... PM us. We're working out scheduling at the moment anyway.

[R2] wrote:

[ Jg ] wrote:

You lose the round and your oponent gets one point.
Well, if you fail, then revive, your score counts. If you don't revive, and your opponent has, or hasn't failed, your opponent gets a point. If you BOTH fail, the one who gets the highest score wins! So if you fail, DON'T GIVE UP! You definitely still have a chance!
nimfa109
It's only proposal but I think very hard maps (for example Image Material or Everything will Freeze [Extra] with Half Time will be good to mappool :) It will be something new.
Snajper
yaaaay lets try :)
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

It's only proposal but I think very hard maps (for example Image Material or Everything will Freeze [Extra] with Half Time will be good to mappool :) It will be something new.
HalfTime and/or Easy are things we may implement next time, but for now, let's keep it conventional =P
Good idea though! We actually take what you guys say into account =D

SutiBu wrote:

Your next Tour will be 10 up to 3k so i can join Kappaaz
Depends on votes hehe.

walaowey wrote:

Why not make it a 2v2 team tournament? it will be more fun ;) .. just a suggestion though :D
i think a lot of player will register for this tournament xD
We may have something like that in the future, but this will be 1v1! The staff invitational which we will stream next few weeks before OCT II is team based - no signups for that ;D, but we hope you tune in, even if only for a little bit!
FootBaller2793
I'm so hyped this is gonna be real fun :P
A d r i a n
sounds fun, signed
topi666
God I hope I get picked I reeeally wan to play!
Unforgiven
When would we know if we entered? *-* #Hype
[ Escu ]
HI! Nice tournament, I just joined but I'm with CEST (UTC+2). Can be a really problem with the shedule?
HYPE!
Ayamao

[ Escu ] wrote:

HI! Nice tournament, I just joined but I'm with CEST (UTC+2). Can be a really problem with the shedule?
HYPE!
Most people in Europe live in CEST (including me), so i don't think that will be a problem :)
Orangeduck
I think I signed up and put 30k instead of 20k and in case you have to look for it I did it a few days ago.
Ayamao

Izen x wrote:

When would we know if we entered? *-* #Hype
Probarly tommorow ^^, but definitly by the end of this week
Topic Starter
Arf

Orangeduck wrote:

I think I signed up and put 30k instead of 20k and in case you have to look for it I did it a few days ago.
No worries, we caught your error and fixed it =)
Thanks for notifying us!
show more