forum

[Gratz to x-treme!] osu! Community Tournament II (10K-50K)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hisui-iro

Imanob wrote:

Will we be able to see the list of accepted people by the first map pool release?
I think that we will be able, maybe even faster ^^ just be patient
Topic Starter
Arf

Imanob wrote:

Will we be able to see the list of accepted people by the first map pool release?
We might push back our first map pool release a bit, but it will still be before the tournament. Releasing the pool 20 days in advance is maybe a bit much =)

Don't worry, accepted players will be released soon, if not with the map pool then within one or two days of it

EDIT: Map pool is going to be released this Sunday. Players list will be updated at a slightly later date
nimfa109
Hmm... Will be here any division? I't won't be fair if for example player with 40k rank must play with 10k rank.
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

Hmm... Will be here any division? I't won't be fair if for example player with 40k rank must play with 10k rank.
Originally, we thought this way too. However, after spending around 7 or 8 hours setting up rank to rank seeding, we realized that the time zones of our players ranked 30K+ weren't matching up very well. Rank doesn't matter if the other player cant show up for the match :o

So in order to avoid this, we put players into groups based more on time zones than rank, and randomized (rfandomized =D) EVERYBODY. So whoever gets matched up with a person a bit too above their rank, well, its unavoidable. Somewhere down the line, during the rounds of the tournament, it would have been inevitable that players would have to face other players ranked higher than them. While it may seem unfair to have this in the very first round, randomizing it eliminates whatever bias the staff may have had.
In the end, randomizing it is the fairest option we could use. 256 people is a lot, and perfect matchups ain't happening. If you are 40K and you have to face a 10K, well......think of it as having to face South Korea first round in the MWC. Someone has to do it! We're sorry it had to be you :(
nimfa109
"We're sorry it had to be you"
I feel spoiler >.<
Snajper

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
Dont worry be happy! You can do this! ^-^
nimfa109
I believe!
[ Jg ]
Received my PM! Cheers to more gameplay and maybe supporter tags.
- neuH -
Received my Invation... :3 Good Luck to everyone who is going to participate... :)
mateo690
I'm accepted as well :D Good luck, everyone. :)
Hisui-iro
Yo guys, lets have fun ^^
Snajper
Yeee accepted!
Good Luck & Have Fun! :3
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
It looks like you've been accepted! If you haven't received your PM yet, you should soon. Don't worry Nim =)
Hopefully you haven't been given the task of facing South Korea D=
Vio
Thanks for the acceptance, I'll get better to catch up with the rest of the players competing. :)
nimfa109

rfandomization wrote:

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I feel spoiler >.<
It looks like you've been accepted! If you haven't received your PM yet, you should soon. Don't worry Nim =)
Hopefully you haven't been given the task of facing South Korea D=
Yup, I'm accepted and for my happiness I haven't to face with Korean :)
I can't wait for map pool :D
-rocket
Even though I wasn't accepted, good luck to all! :)
Euphoric
Is this meant to be me? I applied :3 There is no one in Osu! called Cdyr :P
http://gyazo.com/a8c76e7a76d839f9da3006f8a9d3f56f
Topic Starter
Arf

Udyr wrote:

Is this meant to be me? I applied :3 There is no one in Osu! called Cdyr :P
http://gyazo.com/a8c76e7a76d839f9da3006f8a9d3f56f
Err, your screenshot says Cydr, not Cdyr xD.
Don't worry, I PM-d you =)
Imanob
Damn, I wasn't accepted... I wonder why. Oh well, maybe next time!
nimfa109
I have one question. Who must create the room? One of admins or one of 2 players?
Samothrace
How many maps are played in a round? BO3, 5, 7?
Warpyc

Imanob wrote:

Damn, I wasn't accepted... I wonder why. Oh well, maybe next time!
You were most likely unlucky. There was about 450 sign-ups only 256 got accepted so it was pretty much a coin flip :/

But you will have top priority in the next tournament we host
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

I have one question. Who must create the room? One of admins or one of 2 players?
The referee will create it, you guys don't need to worry about that =)

Asuna Yuu wrote:

How many maps are played in a round? BO3, 5, 7?
First round will be Best of 5 matches. Later rounds will have more.
Simple Fire
My timeslot is 18:45 UTC | 14:45 EDT

I'm at UTC+8, which means I'm gonna be playing at 2.45am LOL

Someone help change my timeslot~
Topic Starter
Arf

Simple Fire wrote:

My timeslot is 18:45 UTC | 14:45 EDT

I'm at UTC+8, which means I'm gonna be playing at 2.45am LOL

Someone help change my timeslot~

Check the schedule again, we moved you. If you aren't happy with the new slot, PM us =)
nimfa109
Where is the information about when we'll play (I think about hour)?
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

Where is the information about when we'll play (I think about hour)?
Here
Arupero
lol my match is at 8:30 rip D: i'm barely awake at that time XD
Warpyc

Arupero wrote:

lol my match is at 8:30 rip D: i'm barely awake at that time XD
Message Ascendance, we might be able to fix a better time :)
mateo690
I just realize there is error in my nickname on spreadsheet. correct: mateo690, not 960 :D But yeah, I should change this nick someday...

Line 205
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1559871037
Warpyc

mateo690 wrote:

I just realize there is error in my nickname on spreadsheet. correct: mateo690, not 960 :D But yeah, I should change this nick someday...

Line 205
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1559871037
Fixed :)
Geniance
4:15AM. Oh lawdy. I'm not too bothered by this time really, just need to go to sleep really early the night before ^^
Topic Starter
Arf

Geniance wrote:

4:15AM. Oh lawdy. I'm not too bothered by this time really, just need to go to sleep really early the night before ^^
Hehe, as long as you make it on time =P
domSaur
some random question: can we leave the room to change skins? c: (since i change mine depending on what i'm playing)
Topic Starter
Arf

domSaur wrote:

some random question: can we leave the room to change skins? c: (since i change mine depending on what i'm playing)
Sure, but you have to be back within 30 seconds =)
It shouldn't take long, if you know what skin you want.
gregest
I don't want to be cocky but ima rek everyone's pusi
nimfa109
Hmm... What will be happen if when I registered I had 37k rank but i turnament day I will have 20k+ ? for example 28k
Topic Starter
Arf

[ Nimfagryuf ] wrote:

Hmm... What will be happen if when I registered I had 37k rank but i turnament day I will have 20k+ ? for example 28k
Nothing. Your matchup is already up ^_^
You're still within the rank range anyway =)
mateo690
NOTE: For the first round of the tournament, Hard Rock and Free Mod picks will not be available.
But tiebreaker is still freemod, right? :)
Topic Starter
Arf

mateo690 wrote:

NOTE: For the first round of the tournament, Hard Rock and Free Mod picks will not be available.
But tiebreaker is still freemod, right? :)

Of course - it's specified as Free Mod hehe. We meant Free Mod map pools will not be available =)
show more