forum

Adjusting hitsounds/sample sets?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Is the only way to add custom hitsounds by moving .WAVs into the song folder? Or are there different "sets" I can choose from in the editor?

For example, my "whistle" sounds more like a bell. So is there any way to fix that?

EDIT: Nevermind... figured out why Normal/Soft sounds were sounding the same. Sorry about that.
MisterWario
How u dit it. please help me i have teh same problem :(
Starrodkirby86

MisterWario wrote:

First, you need to get some custom sound effects.

Get these custom sound effects into your Song Folder! They should be named similarly to the Template Skin Folder's sound effects, except if you're making a Custom Override 2, which you simply add 2 to the end of the file (ex. soft-hitnormal2.wav).

After you do this, reload your song and sprites (Shift + Ctrl + L). Go to Timing, then open the Timing Setup Panel. You can adjust hitsounds and sample sets within the Audio tab (I believe).

This is all off memory, so forgive me if something seems weird. xD
MisterWario

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

MisterWario wrote:

First, you need to get some custom sound effects.

Get these custom sound effects into your Song Folder! They should be named similarly to the Template Skin Folder's sound effects, except if you're making a Custom Override 2, which you simply add 2 to the end of the file (ex. soft-hitnormal2.wav).

After you do this, reload your song and sprites (Shift + Ctrl + L). Go to Timing, then open the Timing Setup Panel. You can adjust hitsounds and sample sets within the Audio tab (I believe).

This is all off memory, so forgive me if something seems weird. xD
The problem is i cant change to normal, even in notepad i cant'.
I select soft and it doesnt change
MisterWario
So nobody is gonna help me :cry:
Sakura
Timing Setup Panel > go to the desired timing section > if it reads S go to Audio and change Soft to Normal, click on ok, now for as long as that timing section lasts it should use Normal hitsounds instead of Soft.
Hope i understood your question correctly
MisterWario

Sakura301 wrote:

Timing Setup Panel > go to the desired timing section > if it reads S go to Audio and change Soft to Normal, click on ok, now for as long as that timing section lasts it should use Normal hitsounds instead of Soft.
THANK YOU THANK YOY THANK YOU IT WORKED :) :) :) :) :) :)
Sakura

MisterWario wrote:

Sakura301 wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOY THANK YOU IT WORKED :) :) :) :) :) :)
You're welcome