forum

Mario Kart 8

posted
Total Posts
show more
kirueggy
Any version of rainbow road is good just as long as they don't ruin it by putting barriers so you don't fall off and putting unnecessary bullshit like ? blocks every 1/4 mile
_sparky_

kirukashi wrote:

I just want my rainbow road @_@

lol i hate rainbow road

its too...rainbowy

the only mario kart game i have is double dash and thats for gamecube.

i played other ones but im hoping to get this one xD
Topic Starter
RatedNC17
heh i only have mario kart 64 and double dash. Hated the rainbow road in DD (always falling and that bumpy ass road)<-------- always plays mirror
_sparky_

RatedNC17 wrote:

heh i only have mario kart 64 and double dash. Hated the rainbow road in DD (always falling and that bumpy ass road)<-------- always plays mirror
lol ikr

that rainbow road is so annoying
NaomiMinette
Honestly, you only kept falling off because of how the karts handled in DD. MKDS had a similar design for its Rainbow Road, but the kart handling was so much better there, so you didn't really fall off as much.
Gakkun
SNES rainbow road > all rainbow roads

I agree, MKDS drifting is very easy always had trouble with every MK games

I don't have a wii U v-v but I'm going to camp in my bfs house every weekend just to hog his Wii U and rage on this MK8 !!!
_sparky_
i never drift when i know i should

im just weird
NaomiMinette
Drifting saves you so much valuable time, though D=
Cherry Blossom
I want to see Error 20102 back :(
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Drifting saves you so much valuable time, though D=
yeah ik.... D':

my sister drifts yet i still beat her sometimes xD
kirueggy

ralip wrote:

SNES rainbow road > all rainbow roads

I agree, MKDS drifting is very easy always had trouble with every MK games

I don't have a wii U v-v but I'm going to camp in my bfs house every weekend just to hog his Wii U and rage on this MK8 !!!
no what SNES rainbow road was so flat
NaomiMinette

kirukashi wrote:

no what SNES rainbow road was so flat
SNES Rainbow Road is actually better on Mario Kart 7 since the Rainbow Thwomps create waves after they hit the track (though at the same time, said waves can screw you over).
Chamelo
Every time.

SNES Rainbow road.

Every time I drift. ;w;
NaomiMinette
*heavy breathing* One... more... week...
OnosakiHito
Can't wait to play it.
But even so, after the release I have to stay strong for another 3 days. Exams... lol
Topic Starter
RatedNC17
You can do it Onosaki!
_sparky_

OnosakiHito wrote:

Can't wait to play it.
But even so, after the release I have to stay strong for another 3 days. Exams... lol
*pats* good luck friend

but im excited to playy
NaomiMinette
I will stay up all night to download it if I have to.

By the way, I added a Google Doc link to the OP with permission from RatedNC17. Please put your Nintendo Network ID on it ASAP so that you can add each other ahead of time instead of when/after the game comes out. There's also a Skype group if you're interested in joining.
Ekaru

OnosakiHito wrote:

Can't wait to play it.
At least you (hopefully) won't have to walk over to a friend's house whenever you want to play. >_>

Walking over master race!
NaomiMinette
Bumping since I know some people managed to get the game earlier than others.

PLEASE do NOT create an osu! Community yet!
OnosakiHito

Unyuu ~ ☢
Mianki
I pre-ordered it and if it doesn't come with the mail in the next few hours then I'll have to wait 'till monday :(

Edit: I went for a jog after I posted ^. I got back, powered up my PC and checked few pages. And then I heard a bigger clank than usual from the letterbox behind me. I started smiling, turned around and saw a white envelope and knew what was inside. I ripped it open and there it was, MAH MARIO KART
Nwolf
They... they ruined N64 rainbow road's music ;_;
Mianki
Uploaded the first highlight, I'm Luigi.

NaomiMinette
Now to plan a tourney...

Btw, nice vid :P
jericho2442
aaand here is the first highlight vid from me too :p

game is sooo good omg, love it.

and guys dont forget you can join our super active skype group for it anytime you want, just send me or blaze a pm o/

Topic Starter
RatedNC17

Mianki wrote:

Uploaded the first highlight, I'm Luigi.

Wow thank whoever threw that shell
NaomiMinette
Gotta love this game:

Yes, this is my first highlight reel~
Mianki
Keep getting connection errors when I try Global, I'll try this when I'll get a ethernet switch http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fi ... on-errors/
NaomiMinette
Yeah, the server's pretty bad at the moment.

EDIT: Luigi's Death Stare is apparently a thing now (video isn't mine):

karterfreak
I used to do a lot of time trialing in mario kart games at a competitive level, so I kinda picked up on that again in Mario Kart 8.

This vid was 7'th worldwide when I posted it up and only .515 behind the World Record.

NaomiMinette
Quick reminder to everyone here: for those with a Club Nintendo account who qualified for a free download code, don't forget to register THAT game as well; you can still get Coins/Stars for it!
OnosakiHito
Oh we can? Good to know. Thanks! lol
I took the windwalker.

@Tasha: We should play together as well.
NaomiMinette
Well... I guess Luigi's death stare is public now...

[- Alex -]
This game is only about RNG and LUCK. From 1 place to last one in 3 sec. I never got Stars or boost or maybe 1 bullet. DAM IT WHY I HAVE SO MUCH BAD LUCK IN ANY GAME.

W/e

Best Mario Kart video .
NaomiMinette
Welcome to Mario Kart, lol.
kirueggy

Blazevoir wrote:

and this gentlemen is why Mario kart 8 is GOTY 2014
NaomiMinette
Have you all tried Battle Mode yet? IT, IS, CRAZY FUN! :D And I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually a lot more fun after you're out, because... well... I'll let you see for yourself :P
RemmyX25
I'm not alive, I swear

La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

Damn, pretty sure they didn't had much to talk about on news anyways.... they see me rollin' they hatin'!
show more