forum

Mario Kart 8

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Well... I guess Luigi's death stare is public now...

[- Alex -]
This game is only about RNG and LUCK. From 1 place to last one in 3 sec. I never got Stars or boost or maybe 1 bullet. DAM IT WHY I HAVE SO MUCH BAD LUCK IN ANY GAME.

W/e

Best Mario Kart video .
NaomiMinette
Welcome to Mario Kart, lol.
kirueggy

Blazevoir wrote:

and this gentlemen is why Mario kart 8 is GOTY 2014
NaomiMinette
Have you all tried Battle Mode yet? IT, IS, CRAZY FUN! :D And I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually a lot more fun after you're out, because... well... I'll let you see for yourself :P
RemmyX25
I'm not alive, I swear

La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

Damn, pretty sure they didn't had much to talk about on news anyways.... they see me rollin' they hatin'!
Jinxy
While I know how a mobius strip works I fail to see the charm that's added to having its MKTVs be upside down half the time
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

While I know how a mobius strip works I fail to see the charm that's added to having its MKTVs be upside down half the time
Antigravity would be pointless if MKTV showed our point of view the whole time, so...
Mianki
Online is still pretty much unplayable for me, keep getting connection errors. I managed to play few games with 3 other players in Tournament but after those few games I got connection error ;_;
Soaprman
It usually works alright for me as long as no friends try to join. That tends to be the point when things break. Sometimes it breaks just fine on its own though!

I really hope they patch this up. They can do it Tuesday while everyone is distracted by E3.
f i z i k

i want to play this so badly
worth? i need to buy a wii ;_;
Chamelo
Not just Wii, but Wii U. ;w;

Btw, I'm planning on buying Wii U in the future. (Possibly next year)

Should I buy it from the local store in my country,
or should I order it from the U.S. then use the shipping service to my home?
Because ordering online is wayyyyyyyy cheaper than the local store here.
kirueggy

f i z i k wrote:

i want to play this so badly
worth? i need to buy a wii ;_;
god why.

I guess luigi's death stare is a way to get back at the people who made "mario is missing"
noneed
Almost worth buying Wii U for. Streams got me real jelly but at least Sonic Allstars Racing is keeping me company.
Loctav
Aaaaaa. I bought it yesterday and I love it!
I wonder if we could setup own tourneys and run them frequently there :D would be kinda fun I think. (Maybe have a osu!wide leaderboard for this, according to the tourney outcomes)
Garven
This game is best played outside.

NaomiMinette

Loctav wrote:

I wonder if we could setup own tourneys and run them frequently there :D would be kinda fun I think. (Maybe have a osu!wide leaderboard for this, according to the tourney outcomes)
Would be interesting, yes.

Garven wrote:

This game is best played outside.

Hooooooooooooooooooly shit.
gift1992
so, now i have it tooooo, there is all the racing guys!!!!
La Volpe
I finally bought the Wii U/Mario Kart 8 bundle.. you win this time Nintendo but the war is not over. Anyways hope to play with some of you guys!
Secretpipe
I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
kirueggy

Secretpipe wrote:

I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
you should just commit Luigi right now
Soaprman
This post is a friendly reminder that we have a Skype group that's great for arranging games, and that anyone can get in by asking someone who's already in to add them (examples: myself, Blazevoir, jericho2442).

Also, for those who don't know, there's a bug where you can disband an entire room by leaving without first choosing a course between races. Or at least I think that's how it happens. It's something like that. Anyway, be careful with how you disconnect!

Totally gonna play this some today though. Didn't play it much this week because I was busy fawning over the stuff from E3. That's over with now though so life can go on!
_sparky_

Secretpipe wrote:

I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
same x_x
_sparky_
got mario kart 8 like 3 days ago and i love it :3

the online play actually works well :<<
XPJ38
I just played MK8 at a friend's house. I don't get why bananas are so penalizing (in previous MKs you would just spin and lose some speed, not stop completely like with shells) but overall it is a pretty good game, better than MKWii at least.
JonasP
not even close to be as good as MArio KArt Wii for the competetive scene
great game to play with friends and family though!
_sparky_
new dlc for mario kart 8 ;3
NaomiMinette
Yes, we're all aware of that. I guess no one bothered to post about the patch towards the end of this month, though (which also includes that DLC).
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Yes, we're all aware of that. I guess no one bothered to post about the patch towards the end of this month, though (which also includes that DLC).
oh i posted it because no one did >.<

interesting
NaomiMinette

_sparky_ wrote:

interesting
Wouldn't surprise me, really. But it makes me wonder that if they end up doing that, they'll release the other tracks as well, possibly making this the last Mario Kart. HOLD THAT PHONE, OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION HERE:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/mario_kart_8_dlc_coming_in_november_features_zelda_and_f_zero_content
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html
Nwolf
They could've at least added at least one more interesting character instead of fucking shit Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, like Bowser Jr. or, idk, somebody with vehicle experience like Fox?

Hope the courses are at least interesting because the characters definetly aren't ;_;
NaomiMinette
Before I forget: Mercedes-Benz is holding a tourney that'll last till September 23rd for anyone interested. I don't think there's a rule restriction on the parts that you can use, but I bet they're expecting you to use the DLC, especially if you upload Highlight Reels from their tourney. I don't think there are any prizes either, but if you don't have anything better to do, then there ya go.
_sparky_

Blazevoir wrote:

Before I forget: Mercedes-Benz is holding a tourney that'll last till September 23rd for anyone interested. I don't think there's a rule restriction on the parts that you can use, but I bet they're expecting you to use the DLC, especially if you upload Highlight Reels from their tourney. I don't think there are any prizes either, but if you don't have anything better to do, then there ya go.
dlc is out today~

yeah i think you can use any wheels and glider you want but kart needs to be the dlc
NaomiMinette
So is anyone else racing in that tourney?

Stefan
By far the worst character selection of all Mario Kart games. Not sure what Nintendo took to come at this absurd idea adding Link or Villager. What's next? Mario as Pokemon Trainer in the next Gen?
NaomiMinette
MK8 = SSB4 racing /o/

But seriously, don't forget about amiibo.
Nwolf
I want Fox and not a stupid Villager and a random dog that apparently comes from a sequel from that game I hate
bmin11
idk I think they should just make Nintendo Kart a thing, or give a cup dedicated to Nintendo games.
Stefan

bmin11 wrote:

or give a cup dedicated to Nintendo games.
That's cooler than adding unfitting characters. Hell I'd not mind if such a cup goes over eight courses but this would be in any way better than playing Link, Villager, Pikachu, Spiderman or a random anime character.

(Obviously only the first two characters are in. :P)
show more