forum

OUKT3 (osu! UK Tournament 3) [Finished - Doomsday #1]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lapis-

Offical hype music for the Tournament - Blue Stahil - Anti You

Welcome to the 3rd UK national osu!standard tournament, hosted by PortalLife.

STATUS: Thank you to all that watched, tournnament has ended with these results!

#1 Doomsday
#2 jesus1412
#3 iLikeMudkipz

DEFENDING CHAMPION: iLikeMudkipz

Brackets

Match Schedule

• August 9th, Saturday

Cozzy vs iLikeMudkipz 3PM

THE GRAND FINALS - AUGUST 10TH SUNDAY

jesus1412 vs Doomsday - 5PM
Player List
Big List
Doomsday
R a h a r u
Jeromelol
Jameslike
Raiku
Could This Be
iLikeMudkipz
dreeeaam
bahamete
chanch512
Udon
Snookie
Desired
Neroh
EatYourMattress
Swaayy
vidya
-Vulcan-
Syrus
sullyjhf
Cozzzy
Scootawoo
EzLyn
SamC
Crai
Kardet
NatashaGG
casmith789
DatPenguinTho
Just Miku
Justify
Awesomefacrox
Slvin
lovu
PortalLife
Limit_Break
[AOTN]
Ommetaphobia
kyou
kozuka
-MoeYandere-
gadrin
Kraiz
cooki3zz
navi
vaidax5
Kry
SgtSitdown
Zarfots
3lliot
Rime
Chungygiri
Kakiage
jesus1412
Elephant_king
kenlei2009
Misti
spaminabox
YunoWhoItIs
Viremon
ChicagoTed7172
Run-Cat
starblazes
djsettle

Staff

Host: PortalLife
Map Selectors: PortalLife, RLC, Frostmourne
Referees: PortalLife, Udon
Streamer: Mahiro Yasaka
The Draw Master: Mollerz

Map Pools
Rules
READ THESE. THEY ARE IMPORTANT.

• General Tournament Rules
  1. Players that are under rank #50,000 are not allowed to sign up.
  2. UK staff are allowed to play.
  3. This tournament is a single elimination 1v1 tournament. Lose once, you are out. Brackets will be determined by the Draw Master, Mollerz who has provided his method of seeding: t/212521/start=75
  4. The tournaments shall have a map pool for each phase of the tournament. The next map pool in the tournament shall be announced following the end of the preceding round.
  5. Each map pool will have 5-9 no mod picks, 2 mod picks, a freemod bracket and 1 tiebreaker The mod brackets shall be Hidden/Double Time/Hard Rock/Freemod. Two maps for each.
  6. Each player may only pick 1 map from each mod pool to try and encourage variety in the match. For example: P1 picks a HD map, he cant pick from the HD pool again. P2 may however pick a HD map.
  7. In the Freemod bracket, you are allowed to either pick no mods, or HD/HR (either individually or combined)
  8. Before the official start of the match using the map pools, each player may pick 1 warm up map of their choice - This can be any submitted map, as long as its playable (no trapce) this does not count towards match score.
  9. If one of the players fails to show, they get a additional 10 minutes or otherwise forfeit. If neither show, the match shall be re-arranged.
  10. If a player disconnects from the game, a regame will be offered. Ragequitters/quits will forfeit that map. This is relating to genuine internet disconnects/cuts/failures.
  11. RO64/RO32 will be best of 5. RO16 will be best of 7. Quarterfinals/Semifinals will be best of 9. Finals/3rd Place will be best of 11.
  12. Any unexpected happenings or events not covered by the rules shall be handled by the organizer at their discretion.

Match Rules
  13. The referee shall make the game and give it a appropriate title. First pick shall be decided by !roll, highest roll wins. The pick order then will alternate back and forth between both players until one player wins.
  14. The game mode will be set to Team Vs.
  15. The referee is not to participate in the actual playing of the beatmaps.
  16. Players PM the referee with the beatmap they are picking from the map pool.
  17. After the end of the match, the referee will post the title of the match and a link to the MP history of that lobby and the final match score.
  18. Matches will be locked and invite only.
  19. If you fail the map, it is considered as a loss.

Scheduling Rules/Info

20. Matches will be played on the weekend.
  21. If you cannot play at the time posted for you, contact the organizer for a re arrangement.
  22. Not showing to the match is subject to the rules outlined in Tournament Rules.
  23. Each round schedule shall be released a week before the actual matches take place.
  24. We are looking to complete each round on the weekends.
  25. In special cases, with the agreement of both players; matches can also be played before this during the week. This is only if advance notice is given.
Suggestions are welcome. GL HF guys! - PortalLife - Special thanks to Toonzz for our graphics for the tournament!
dreeeaam
hype
Desired
hype
Kyou
THIS TIME i wont drop my pen ;w;
Doomsday is Bad
\o/ stream hype

also tei tei tei warm up every round
Could This Be
hype as fuck! I wont be in germany this time >:)
Summer Solstice
i haz powers

sign me up ^.^
Ventus
Im up for it
jesse1412
Time to destroy everyone until effort is required again.

Topic Starter
Lapis-

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

also tei tei tei warm up every round
Tei tei tei best map all time
Justify
HYPE

I'm in.
Edd
Bloop.
spook
Time to get destroyed again
Kardet
yes
SoraHaxas01
No more Dr.Pepper for me this time Le Trol3 ; ^^^ )
Syrus
So much hype o3o
CPTW

Desired wrote:

hype

dreeeaam wrote:

hype
CRAYU
MoeYandere
I will do this xD This time I will play good
charlotteawoo
time to die first match ecause I am awful at this game
Jerome
deleted
Doomsday is Bad
Like how people are saying I'm in, yet signup isn't even open yet

:^)
Shimatora
Not sure I agree with randomized seeds. Wouldn't it make more sense to seed via pp rank? That way the top two favourites wont meet in Round 1, for instance.
Doomsday is Bad

Shimatora wrote:

Not sure I agree with randomized seeds. Wouldn't it make more sense to seed via pp rank? That way the top two favourites wont meet in Round 1, for instance.
Last time this happened people complained

Then we randomized it.

More people complained, so we are sticking to our guns on this one to be honest.

We more than likely will livestream the matches being picked out using a randomizer.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
People will complain about it no matter what method is used. Seeding a tournament this big didn't work from my experience. We randomized it and what happened? #2 UK and #1 UK met. If it was seeded, this wouldn't of been the outcome.
Navi
Yup
Doomsday is Bad
Shimatora

PortalLife wrote:

People will complain about it no matter what method is used. Seeding a tournament this big didn't work from my experience. We randomized it and what happened? #2 UK and #1 UK met. If it was seeded, this wouldn't of been the outcome.
If people don't like regular seeded tournaments they clearly have no idea what a tournament is about. It's there for the best to do well in and the people who aren't quite as good to get knocked out. It makes no sense if the #1 and #2 UK meet early than the finals. Otherwise, randomised seeds mean that one side of the bracket could get heavily stacked with the top 10 players, all of whom start knocking each other out leaving (probably) #1 for the finals. Then, on the other, lesser stacked side of the bracket you have the bottom 10 players. Essentially, if PP meant everything, you'd be getting #1 and #10 for the finals. Which makes very little sense!
Sonny B
Get hype, o/ but I'm still too sucky Gl to all though
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Nah, you should sign up when the time comes!
show more